• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Obviously the NH teams and their owners have an altruistic view of rugby in the lower socio-economic sphere of us SH rugby lovers and are gracing us by their presence.

Seriously, for whatever reason, good on 'em

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
No surprise. I still cannot for the life of me understand what is in it for NH clubs/franchises, whatever. Money? They don't need it. Fame? Nup. Player exposure? Doubt it.

Toulon (read: Mourad) has been trying to build the Toulon brand outside of Europe for a while now. Stuff like this is his only way in to Aus really. He's clearly got tons of cash so probably just sees it as a business decision. From what I've read about how he treats his players, it's pretty much a dictatorship, so that's what's in it for them. But I'm sure they are ok with a holiday in SE QLD in summer over a NH winter.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
No surprise. I still cannot for the life of me understand what is in it for NH clubs/franchises, whatever. Money? They don't need it. Fame? Nup. Player exposure? Doubt it.

Brand exposure. Boudj sees Toulon as a global brand in the same vein as NH Soccer franchises are and is trying to grow it as such.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I still cannot for the life of me understand what is in it for NH clubs/franchises, whatever
having lived in NH at this time of year I reckon the franchises might see it as a rare opportunity to give their vitamin-D starved players a rare glimpse at actual sunlight.

The players must be delirious with excitement that they'll actually get to escape their frozen grey bogshithole wet snotlands for a few sun-drenched days in Australia.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
clubs getting out among the community

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens Club and School Visits

Blue Bulls @ GPS Rugby Club
Reds @ Taylor Bridge Junior Rugby Club; Marist College

Blues @ Norths Rugby Club;
Brumbies @ Caboolture Rugby Club; school TBC
Crusaders @ Souths Rugby Club; Brisbane SHS

Highlanders @ Brothers Rugby Club; Nudgee College

Panasonic Wild Knights @ University of Queensland Rugby Club; Brisbane Grammar School

Samoa @ Logan Rugby Club; St Francis

Toulon @ Easts Rugby Club; Anglican Church Grammar

Waratahs @ Kenmore Rugby Club; Gregory Terrace

Chiefs @ Riverside Rebels Rugby Club; Somerset College

Force @ Bond University Rugby Club; The Southport School

Rebels @ Bond University Rugby Club; All Saints Anglican College

Hurricanes @ Sunnybank Rugby Club;

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I was going to make a similar comment Reg but you beat me to it. I was going to say, 'No love lost with Kenmore'. :D

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
no disrespect intended. Just that its proximity to the city is a little far.

fields not ready? They're going to Taylor BRidge and Kenmore, the partner Jnr clubs anyway

Maybe its the old boy in me, but BBC got shafted! Closest school to both the Tahs and the Wild Knights but somehow the Catholics and Grammar schools score'em.

On second thoughts, Terrace can have the Tahs.

T

TOCC

clubs getting out among the community

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens Club and School Visits

Blue Bulls @ GPS Rugby Club
Reds @ Taylor Bridge Junior Rugby Club; Marist College

Blues @ Norths Rugby Club;
Brumbies @ Caboolture Rugby Club; school TBC
Crusaders @ Souths Rugby Club; Brisbane SHS

Highlanders @ Brothers Rugby Club; Nudgee College

Panasonic Wild Knights @ University of Queensland Rugby Club; Brisbane Grammar School

Samoa @ Logan Rugby Club; St Francis

Toulon @ Easts Rugby Club; Anglican Church Grammar

Waratahs @ Kenmore Rugby Club; Gregory Terrace

Chiefs @ Riverside Rebels Rugby Club; Somerset College

Force @ Bond University Rugby Club; The Southport School

Rebels @ Bond University Rugby Club; All Saints Anglican College

Hurricanes @ Sunnybank Rugby Club;

Gold Coast visits have changed slightly:

The Chiefs will be holding a Waitangi Day celebration at Helensvale Hogs Rugby Club on Monday, the Rebels will be visiting Bond Pirates on Wednesday night and the Force will be at Helensvale on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
The event is looking good, there's been some great aggressive marketing and some blokes at the top are obviously switched on and know how to get a brand for the event, but I just can't agree with this ticket pricing setup.

platinum 242.20
gold 201.50
Silver 140
Bronze 100
White 70

I know that organisations don't like competing on price as it cuts your margin to shit. But these just aren't reasonable prices, you'd pay a lot less and be able to sit on halfway for the bledisloe cup.

Maybe some price discrimination is a good idea? The white tickets that are being sold are the same quality seats as silver tickets, which just makes no sense at all. I get you want to make good coin off good seats, but the pricing and seating arrangements make very little sense. The organisers must think Rugby fans shit $1 coins or something.

Further, in the first year of an event operating, you really want to build the brand and atmosphere of the event to ensure its success in future years. My view is that for a first year event you price discriminate the fuck out of students/clubs, but then make people who want good seats pay decent coin. But not 250 bucks decent coin, like $80.

In future years, if the reputation of the event becomes strong, then you monetize it and charge high prices. But you still don't charge as much as the above.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Here's the Tahs squad for the 10s.

C3dUa2eVMAArgLW.jpg:large

Folau the only current Wallaby named. I'm guessing he'll spend more time signing autographs than playing.

Tuqiri at 37 is pretty young for a wildcard player. 4 years younger than Latham. Will be interesting to see how he goes.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
All of the NZ squads have been named this afternoon.

Blues: Josh Goodhue, Hapakuki Moala-Liava'a, Tom Robinson, Sam Prattley (co-captain), Kara Pryor, Marcel Renata, Brandon Nansen, Joe Royal, Scott Scrafton, Murphy Taramai, Ambrose Curtis, Matt Duffie, Pasqualle Dunn, Billy Guyton, George Moala, Sam Nock, Declan O'Donnell, Stephen Perofeta, Rene Ranger, Jordan Trainor, Matt Vaega

Crusaders: Bryn Hall, Ben Funnell, Leon Fukofuka, Andrew Makalio, Mitchell Hunt, Tim Perry, Digby Ioane, Chris Gawler, George Bridge, Michael Ala'alatoa, Sione Fifita, Oliver Jager, David Havili, Mitchell Dunshea, Tim Bateman, Quinten Strange, Jack Goodhue, Pete Samu, Seta Tamanivalu, Jordan Taufua, Manasa Mataele, Jed Brown, Sean Wainui, Whetu Douglas, Marty McKenzie

Hurricanes: Reg Goodes, Loni Uhila, Ricky Riccitelli, Asafo Aumua, Chris Eves, Mike Kainga, Joe Apikotoa, Vaea Fifita, Mark Abbott, James Blackwell, Brad Shields, Reed Prinsep, Toa Halafihi, Hugh Renton, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Kemera Hauiti-Parapara, Otere Black, Vince Aso, Matt Proctor, Wes Goosen, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Ngani Laumape, Jonah Lowe, Cory Jane, Jordie Barrett, Nehe Milner-Skudder.

Chiefs: Siegfried Fisi'ihoi, Liam Polwart, Atu Moli, Sam Caird, Fin Hoeata, Liam Messam, Sosefo Kautai, Taleni Seu, Mitchell Brown. Luke Jacobson, Lachlan Boshier, Hika Elliot, Mitchell Graham, Brad Weber, Joe Ravouvou, Finlay Christie, Tim Nanai-Williams, Sheldon Tovio, Sevu Reece, Jonathan Taumateine, Shaun Stevenson, Solomon Alaimalo, Alex Nankivell, Dwayne Sweeney, Luteru Laulala, Latu Vaeno

​Highlanders: Aki Seiuli, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Greg Pleasants-Tate, Liam Coltman, Josh Dickson, Tom Franklin, Jackson Hemopo, James Lentjes, Craig Millar, Dillon Hunt, Gareth Evans, Adrian Smith, Luke Whitelock (C), Kayne Hammington, Josh Renton, Fletcher Smith, Teihorangi Walden, Rob Thompson, Jason Emery, Tevita Li, Matt Faddes, Sio Tomkinson, Marty Banks

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...nder-strength-squads-for-brisbane-global-tens

EDIT: By my count that's 10 All Blacks (2 Blues, 1 Crusader, 2 Hurricanes, 3 Chiefs and 2 Highlanders) and one Wallaby (Crusaders).

Status
Not open for further replies.