• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I was going for one day (with the bride) as we have commitments on the other.

But I will not buy a 2 day ticket at $139 (whatever) to attend one day.

No big deal I suppose. We are just 2 rugby people who won't be there at all because of shit ticket marketing (IMO)

No doubt the 20 ish year old marketing gurus don't give a flying fuck about mugs like me and will fill the stadium with 52,000 patrons on both days.

Good luck.

Marketing and ticketing are two completely seperate departments that have nothing to do with each other

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Marketing and ticketing are two completely seperate departments that have nothing to do with each other
I think we all can guess what he meant. Wont be going with out a single day pass.. sigh guess Ill watch it on fox.. is there a streaming service i wonder..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
RC TOULONNAIS SQUAD FOR BRISBANE GLOBAL RUGBY TENS

BACKS
Drew MITCHELL
James O’CONNOR
Alesana Tuilagi
Josua TUISOVA
Ayumu GOROMARU
Axel MULLER
Jimmy YOBO
Anthony BELLEAU
Geoffrey CAZANAVE
Teiva JACQUELAIN

FORWARDS
Swan REBBADJ
Emerick SETIANO
Bastien SOURY
Thomas VERNET
George STOKES
Aidon DAVIS
Gregory ANNETTA
Rudy GAHETAU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How does the ticketing situation compare to the Auckland 9's who are run by the same company?

Do you need to buy a 2 day pass for that event?

Yes you do but the difference is they start at $45 incl. some sections outside the family & no-alcohol zones. It might help explain why the seating map is mostly grey. Clearly someone at Ducco thinks the average Strayan rugby freak has more cash to splash than your average Kiwi Loig lover :)

Your post inspired me to take another look at the seating map for the Wellington 7's & if it's to be believed things are looking way better than even two weeks ago: very few seats available in the better-viewing sections but obviously still plenty of average-to-crap seats, I'm surprised they haven't started discounting them.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
So this game will be the return of TWO of the Reds all-time greats - Chris Latham and Ayumu Goromaru.
ha, wonder if he'll just stand at the back under his own posts hiding from the action like last time.

ps bit of a swifty from NZRU using Kaino etc to promote the event....... then none of them turn up hashtag#it'll_be_awesome_#_we'll_be_at_the_beach

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
No Quade in the Reds squad for the Tens.

Reds squad for Brisbane Global Tens
Forwards
James Slipper
Taniela Tupou
Sef Fa’agase
Sam Talakai
Alex Mafi
Andrew Ready
Rob Simmons
Cadeyrn Neville
Lukhan Tui
Izack Rodda
Michael Gunn
Adam Korczyk
Leroy Houston
Backs
James Tuttle
Moses Sorovi
Jake McIntyre
Duncan Paia’aua
Henry Teafu
Samu Kerevi
Eto Nabuli
Lachlan Maranta -
Chris Kuridrani
Brad Lacey
Karmichael Hunt
Jayden Ngamanu
Chris Latham (wildcard)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
No Quade is very disappointing.

I have picked up a free double pass so will be heading along.

But my plan for the Saturday is to watch the first Reds match at 1pm before heading to either Caxton St or Park Road for lunch/craft beer crawl before going back in around 4-5pm.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Reactions: TSR

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
First look at Maranta. At least he should find plenty of space to do his customary three-stride flop over the line!

No Quade or Pickle. I don't know enough about 10s to know how important a flyhalf is compared to 15s but I'll be interested to see how McIntyre goes. He may struggle a bit in defence. The rest of the backs look pretty good, Sorovi should cover Pickle's absence nicely and the rest are a good mix of power runners and agility runners who should both enjoy the extra space in 10s.

Good mix of mobility in the forwards too with Korczyk, Neville and Tupou.

All in all they should give a decent account of themselves I reckon.

T

TOCC

You need less of a 5/8 distributor and more of a ball running playmaker in 10's.

Someone like Foley would be ideal, but from the Reds squad I think Paia'aua will be pivotal in this role. Quade can also play the ball running/stepping playmaker role brilliantly when full of confidence, but obviously not included.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Makes sense. Unfortunately McIntyre isn't really either of those, and certainly not the ball runner.

Might see Duncan P or even Hunt slot into that role then, playing more of a 9-12-13 backline rather than 9-10-12.

I'm a bit surprised that guys like Magnay and Perese weren't included. They seem to be treating it pretty seriously (compared to e.g. the Canes) with most of the front line backs included except for Cooper and Frisby.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Well, with that team (with a few notable exceptions) the Reds don't give a rat's arse about possibly winning the competition. No Quade is a joke - it's not like he's played much rugby in the last 6 months and deserves a rest

Looks like the trial against the Rebs is a lot more important.

Another good reason to stay at home (for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.