• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There’s no real league 9s this year except for a bare basics ‘international ‘ event in Redcliffe pretty soon.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I understand the 9’s was put aside this year due to holiday requirements for the top players after the World Cup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It falls just within the 12-week holiday All AB get (so that's 13 out straight off) plus Jordan Taufua broke his arm & there's some other injury issues so Razor has named a squad with ~12 guys who aren't even fully contracted:

Crusaders: George Bridge (captain), Jone Macilai, Manasa Mataele, Braydon Ennor, Jack Stratton, Zach McKay, Brett Cameron, Tima Faingaanuku, Ngane Punivai, Richard Judd, Andrew Makalio, Billy Harmon, Ethan Blackadder, Tom Christie, Jordan Manihera, Hamish Dalzell, Heiden Bedwell-Curtis, Ben Morris, Dylan Nel, Harrison Allan, Nathan Vella.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-light-on-experience-for-brisbane-global-tens

Hard to see that lot making the knockout, really, but could be a launchpad for someone not previously on the radar.

Horrorcanes are a little short on experience, too:

Hurricanes: Julian Savea (c), Brayden lose, Ben Lam, Alex Fidow, Fraser Armstrong, Tolu Fahamokioa, James O'Reilly, Murray Douglas, Du'Plessis Kirifi, Will Mangos, Liam Mitchell, Sam Henwood, Chase Tiatia, Finlay Christie, Jamie Booth, Losi Filipo, Jackson Garden-Bachop, Malo Tuitama, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Jonah Lowe, Trent Renata, Hunter Prescott.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ry-hurricanes-tens-squad-set-off-for-brisbane

JSav looking very trim compared to recent pre-seasons & when he said he wants his AB jersey back he really seemed to mean it.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
WOB, both squads are littered with names I know nothing about, but I have no doubt they will rise to the occasion and be very competitive. It is the nature of things.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Coaching summit was really good. Started with Deans, I’ve heard him talk a few times before and this wasn’t much different.
Simon Manix from Pau was next and he was the best of the day in my view. Talked about some issues he had as a player with the AB’s and why he left the country. Went through the process of bringing Pau up from D2 to the Top 14.
Razor Robinson was next and he went into culture. You can see why he is successful with the amount of passion and thought he puts into his team.
Cheika and Byrne finished off taking questions from the crowd. I’ve never been a huge Cheika fan but I must say I was impressed. He was very honest and explained why things are done and what changes are happening in Australian rugby. Lots of talk about skill and fitness development in players. They bought out the old chestnut of Australian players not being fit enough but backed it up with stats from performance and training. I feel more positive about the Wallabies this year than the Reds but it will be a wait and see.
Overall the day was really enjoyable, I’d recommend going to anyone in the future.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I wanted to ask what percentage of training was spent on dance moves but chickened out.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
If anyone here is keen for a punt look at the odds on offer for the Wildknights to beat the Rebels in the first game. Wildknights are paying massive overs.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Any bet against us is a good bet IMO, unless we are playing ridiculously well, we'll be out 0 and 3 I think. It's a good enough squad, but it lacks basically all our 23 except Colby and maybe Debreczini if he's lucky.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
JD is in Melb, Adams went instead. Either they think he needs to work with Genia some more, or he has dropped behind Jack as th first choice 10.
Ps agree the Rebels will be lucky to win a game

T

TOCC

0ba3dc730aded134b35e56a0c76da33c.jpg

T

TOCC

Reds look unaccustomed to Brisbane heat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
So I think the Reds need to work on their breakdown organisation. I think they are trying to force the offload, because they are struggling with the breakdown.

Also Lachlan Maranta better show a lot more if he's getting on the field in Super Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.