• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Didn't manage to watch it at all as I was away, saw the video of Samo's awesome hit, but how was Digby?

T

TOCC

Was surprised Digby still had the pace in his legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Diggers didn't play in the finals though (not that I saw anyway)

No word if this was due to injury or precautionary....

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ a bit of both: hurt his hip on Day 1 & still sore next morning so wasn't risked on Day 2.

Was surprised Digby still had the pace in his legs

You & me both, that try v Reds was like a 2011 time warp. Whether he can produce that kinda pace & power week in, week out will be the question, tho.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I went both days and loved it. The quality of play improved as teams got a deal for the game. 10's is a great preseason tournament style. Allows players to show off some skills but also play to patterns some coaches want. Was great to see the Chiefs get up after the passing of Luakai.
Loved the interaction of the players and coaches with the crowd.
Sat in the Heineken Hill section and it was pretty entertaining. The 4 beers as part of the ticket was a good start to the day on Saturday too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Also Digby looked really good. Was unsure of the Cru signing him before the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
^^^^^^^^ a bit of both: hurt his hip on Day 1 & still sore next morning so wasn't risked on Day 2.

You & me both, that try v Reds was like a 2011 time warp. Whether he can produce that kinda pace & power week in, week out will be the question, tho.

Memories of him standing off Quade's inside shoulder, taking a pop pass, and making plenty of metres

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

Thor got Digby good in a tackle that got a bit messy/awkward as they players hit the ground. Digby put his hand up straight away and was subbed. I wouldn't mind betting that tackle knocked him around more than he let on. Great to see him playing like he was back in 2011. Not so great that it's not for the Reds.

Anyone know if the 60 Test cap rule applies to Digby? I mean I know he has less than 60 caps but is that test applied only if they are not registered with the ARU or is it if they aren't playing Super Rugby?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Anyone know if the 60 Test cap rule applies to Digby? I mean I know he has less than 60 caps but is that test applied only if they are not registered with the ARU or is it if they aren't playing Super Rugby?

I dont think there's any rule at this stage. But it would be pretty stupid to treat ANY Aussie playing anywhere in Super Rugby as inelegible.

Let alone a bloke good enough to make a starting side in NZ. Presuming of course that he does. Not sure he'd make the WBs but no reason he wouldnt make the squad and just take it from there.

T

TOCC

I think it's such a rare scenario as well, how many Wallabies have played for Saffa or Kiwi Super a Rugby teams in the past.. if he is good enough then he is worth a shot, at least to give the inside word on the Crusaders camp

Status
Not open for further replies.