• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I actually watched every Super Rugby Au, and every Super Rugby match involving an Australian team last year.......... almost never live, always on replay at a time that suited me later in the evening.

I actually used to enjoy the South African time zones for that reason.........

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yes, well I won’t watch them all, I just see it as the choice to watch it all if/when I get a bit of downtime. Kind of like my gym membership really.

I'll watch the Super, TT and Wallabies.
Additionally I'll watch the Tigers, and will try to keep up with as much QPR as I can. Shute probably just the finals.

Easy worth the cash for me.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I actually watched every Super Rugby Au, and every Super Rugby match involving an Australian team last year.... almost never live, always on replay at a time that suited me later in the evening.

I actually used to enjoy the South African time zones for that reason...

Hey mate genuinely curious, you said earlier Kayo was a bugged out POC, and I’ve seen so many posts on their social media saying the same, but I’ve never had a problem. I run it on my phone and via Apple TV and haven’t had it drop out or not connect, but it seems to be an issue for many user. Do you live rurally or what’s the go? Asking because I’m moving from Brissy to down the coast so I’m curious if it’s an internet issue or what.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hey mate genuinely curious, you said earlier Kayo was a bugged out POC, and I’ve seen so many posts on their social media saying the same, but I’ve never had a problem. I run it on my phone and via Apple TV and haven’t had it drop out or not connect, but it seems to be an issue for many user. Do you live rurally or what’s the go? Asking because I’m moving from Brissy to down the coast so I’m curious if it’s an internet issue or what.

Nope, inner Melbourne, good internet connection etc...........

But I’ve generally found all of Foxtel’s streaming services to not be the most reliable for a number of reasons, inconsistent picture quality just one issue.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If you’re uninterested in club rugby, the Super Rugby season is only 4 months long, so for HD you’re only paying $100 for the entire season including Trans Tasman.

Bingo: and if you do it right, you can cut a month off the start and catch up later.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Be interested to see the Australian Open schedule once released, given the final is on the 21st Feb that means they’ll probably have the men’s singles semis on the 19th Feb, the same day as the opening round of super rugby.

Given the TV audience for AO finals matches last year was around 700k, that will certainly take priority on the main channel.

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
yeah i noticed this a few weeks ago. we could get punted to Gem.

can't blame them though. its a flagship product that goes for two weeks.

Be interested to see the Australian Open schedule once released, given the final is on the 21st Feb that means they’ll probably have the men’s singles semis on the 19th Feb, the same day as the opening round of super rugby.

Given the TV audience for AO finals matches last year was around 700k, that will certainly take priority on the main channel.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
well of course, its Ruperts "modus operandi", whatever the real merits, it is always can the opposition, until a change is necessary and then just like "1984", a complete reversal.

It is business (or at least how many think it is)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
From the Reds member mail out:

Stan is welcoming all Super Rugby members to pre-activate the Sport package to get a 30 day free trial. Trial will start when Stan Sport launches on 19th February 2021 for Round 1 of Super Rugby AU.

Visit www.stan.com.au/sport for all the details.

Super Rugby AU will also have one match per round on free-to-air TV with 9Gem.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Meanwhile, from Stan

Stan officially announces add-on Sport package will be available for $10 a month. Customers can pre-activate now to get a 30 day free trial for a limited time only.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Can confirm - have signed back up now as the wife has indicated she wants to watch some stuff on Stan and I'll dive back in as well.

So that's a month free. How's the VPN/ESPN plan stacking up by contrast, eh?

stannish.png

hoggy

Trevor Allan (34)
Well just checked and I was on Stan Premium $20 bucks, so dropped that to basics $10 and signed up for the 30 day free trial, gotta say I think it is pretty good value.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well just checked and I was on Stan Premium $20 bucks, so dropped that to basics $10 and signed up for the 30 day free trial, gotta say I think it is pretty good value.

I'll be interested to see what the streaming quality is like - if HD is good for $24 a month I'll stick with it, otherwise if it keeps dropping I'll back to $20.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Starting with Stan premium package, because I think they deserve a shot for supporting us and the missus will have time to test the general offer. Flicking through it looks good. I'll back off if I don't find things of interest.

Love the "New Home of Rugby! Reds v Brumbies COMING SOON"

Bring on the season, I'm ready.