• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Just a brief overview:

Shute Shield is broadcast in NSW/ACT only on 7Two and 7Two Prime....

Foxtel only broadcasts Shute Shield on 7Two in Sydney, as Foxtel doesn't carry FTA channels (at least not all of them) in regional markets..

In the other metro markets, Foxtel carries the local 7Two content.

Ok I just worked it out.

You can't record the Shute shield outside of NSW/ACT.

But you can watch it live on 7Plus

at least on the website (I don't know about the app) here's what you do.

At 7plus you click on "live" from the top menu.

In the 7plus "live" page you can change your region just below the video. Select NSW/ACT

then watch Sydney SevenTwo live on the internet.

If you purchased some sort of screenshot video recorder you could possibly make a recording of it but that's over my head.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
This coming Saturday Northern Suburbs at home to Eastwood.

AFAIK the only way to archive it, or watch it later, is to record it yourself.

T

TOCC

This is from a HSBC report into Seven's rugby:

2. Sevens createsits own "Big Bash"The higher pro le of sevens as a series of competitions between national teams, at multi-sports games such as the Olympics, and at the World Rugby Sevens Series, will create new national competitions between clubsor franchises. In Australia, the ARU has already been looking at what it can learn from the success of cricket’s Twenty20 Big Bash; in the US, this might involve sports franchises; in the UK, the teams might be associated with the English Premiership and the Pro12 clubs. In turn, this will increase knowledge of the sport among people who might not have the opportunity to go to a World Rugby Sevens Series event, and create new national media exposure, coupled with broadcast and scheduling innovation (in the same way that coverage of Twenty20 cricket has been transformed). This will also develop a pool of players and coaches, increasing the depth and the reach of the sport.

http://pulse-static-files.s3.amazon...bfe/The_Future_of_Rugby_-_An_HSBC_Report_.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

And just realised it also included in an article on the front page of GAGR

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
This is from a HSBC report into Seven's rugby:

2. Sevens createsits own "Big Bash"The higher pro le of sevens as a series of competitions between national teams, at multi-sports games such as the Olympics, and at the World Rugby Sevens Series, will create new national competitions between clubsor franchises. In Australia, the ARU has already been looking at what it can learn from the success of cricket’s Twenty20 Big Bash; in the US, this might involve sports franchises; in the UK, the teams might be associated with the English Premiership and the Pro12 clubs. In turn, this will increase knowledge of the sport among people who might not have the opportunity to go to a World Rugby Sevens Series event, and create new national media exposure, coupled with broadcast and scheduling innovation (in the same way that coverage of Twenty20 cricket has been transformed). This will also develop a pool of players and coaches, increasing the depth and the reach of the sport.

http://pulse-static-files.s3.amazon...bfe/The_Future_of_Rugby_-_An_HSBC_Report_.pdf

Have given it a read. Interesting perspectives in there. I think they are essentially on the money with the broadcast aspect. Was it yesterday or perhaps Tuesday morning Twitter announced its deal to live stream Thursday Night Football in the US. There is a ridiculous amount of growth potential out there.

T

TOCC

QRU streaming the Easts vs Souths QPR game on Facebook, that's the first time I've seen that happen.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
3 new HD beIN SPORTS channels to launch this weekend

The day you've been waiting for has almost arrived. beIN SPORTS is launching 3 new channels in the Foxtel Sports Pack from the 14th of May 2016. The channels will be available in HD for customers with the HD channel pack.
How to watch beIN SPORTS on Foxtel from the 14th of May 2016?
You're a Foxtel Sports Pack subscriber
If you have the Foxtel Sports Pack, the 3 new beIN SPORTS channels will become available to you from the 14th of May 2016 as part of your pack. The new channels are:
  • beIN SPORTS 1 - channel 513
  • beIN SPORTS 2 - channel 514
  • beIN SPORTS 3 - channel 515
You're a Foxtel customer but you don't have the Foxtel Sports Pack
Your beIN SPORTS on Foxtel subscription will end on the 15th of May 2016. You can upgrade to the Foxtel Sports Pack for an extra $25* per month to gain access to the 3 new beIN SPORTS channels as well as 9 other dedicated sports channels from FOX SPORTS, FOX FOOTY, ESPN and Eurosport.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
It was great to watch the Champions Cup final on BeIn.

The coverage is of such a higher standard than Super Rugby

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
As widely expected Netball have announced their new 8 team oz-only comp and broadcast deal with nine. Two live games on Saturday night, plays inrernationals, finals etc. Telstra will also be streaming games.

Lots of partnerships with NRL and AFL clubs

No details yet on which channel nine will use or financial details of the deal, change to salary cap etc