• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

half

Alan Cameron (40)
As widely expected Netball have announced their new 8 team oz-only comp and broadcast deal with nine. Two live games on Saturday night, plays inrernationals, finals etc. Telstra will also be streaming games.

Lots of partnerships with NRL and AFL clubs

No details yet on which channel nine will use or financial details of the deal, change to salary cap etc

They are using go, which I think is their lowest rating channel.

T

TOCC

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/16083248/why-australia-leads-sports-world-wearable-technology

This article spiked my interest especially in regards to the fan experience, could have live feeds of Foleys hear rate as he lines up for a match winning kick, or the track the max speed of Izzy Folau as he scores a try.. Even displaying a metric which measures the collision in a tackle would be great to see.

Wallabies/ARU are already working with Catapault the leading company in the field, just need to embrace it a little more.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Foxtel will can Presto in January 2017 and just focus on Foxtel Play for Internet provided material. It appears that they will finally offer Sport on Foxtel Play.

Foxtel Play will offer five different entry tiers, ranging between $10 and $15 per month, a 40 per cent to 60 per cent reduction from the current entry point of $25.
Entry drama and entertainment packs will be priced at $15 per month, or $25 for both, while lifestyle, documentary or kids will be priced at $10 per month.
Sports, including Fox Sports, beIN Sports and ESPN, will be an additional $25 on top of a selected entry package. A movie package will be an additional $20.
The pricing revamp means that sport, a key subscriber drawcard for Foxtel, could be purchased for $35 per month, compared with $50 now.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/business/media-a...hut-down-presto-20161004-gru9zc#ixzz4M4oeHuUk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They've always offered sport on Foxtel Play............

They're just changing the pricing system now.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just looking at the new pricing system.......

It's a fucking rort........ the packages are cheaper, but they've split up the channels so those currently with a premium entertainment package will have to buy two of them to keep those channels.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Actually, just looking at my current subscription and now I'll have to pay more to keep the channels I have...........

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Foxtel Play is also only in SD, and the apps are buggy as hell....

Yeapppppppp, not worth the time and effort going down this route if the games aren't shown in HD. Not to mention, the games aren't shown on demand, that is, if you don't watch it live you can't view it.

I moved the couch/tv into another room on the weekend, fired up the old playstation to watch the game. Nothing, only the games at Suncorp and the Kiwi vs Argie game.

Tried to can Foxtel at lunch and they were 'inundated' with calls, so I'm waiting for a call back =/

dru

Tim Horan (67)
You have all got me worried now. My current subscription gets Super Rugby. Do I have to change the subscription in 2017?

T

TOCC

$35 a month to watch super rugby.. doesn't seem too bad to me given it's $15 less then what it used to be..

I actually like it, doco package plus sports is only $35/month.. I don't watch the rest of the channels as it is now anyway, I might switch from regular Foxtel to this.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I currently have Foxtel Play and the Sports package is $25 a month. Bundled with the basic entertainment package (you have to choose one) and it's $50 a month. If they are removing the need to add on the bundled extra and just get the Sports package for $35 a month then that would be worthwhile.

T

TOCC

I currently have Foxtel Play and the Sports package is $25 a month. Bundled with the basic entertainment package (you have to choose one) and it's $50 a month. If they are removing the need to add on the bundled extra and just get the Sports package for $35 a month then that would be worthwhile.

You still need to bundle, but they have increased the range of basic packages and te cheapest ones come in at $10 now(docos, kids etc).. sports package is still $25 but you need to bundle it with one other.. so $35 for sports and one other pack

My take is it's pretty good value if you know exactly what you want, and it should rightfully be cheaper given the lesser quality of the stream, reduced reliability and bandwidth use..if you use more then just sports, then you're probably better off getting normal cable Foxtel