• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
All NRC matches to be streamed via Rugby.com.au for this years season, in addition to all matches been broadcast on either Foxsports or Kayo.

They’re really pushing the streaming app, it’ll be interesting to see where that goers in the future.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Article in Monday's fin about how RA want to have some FTA content for Super in 2021 and beyond. Understandably Patrick Delaney blowing up in a fairly strong retort. Sounds like words of a nervous man.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
The article also confirms some numbers. Shows Foxtel are very important but with total revenue of $120m, not overwhelmingly so.

Foxtel is understood to pay about $15 million in cash plus several million in contra advertising, and on-sells Wallabies matches and a Super Rugby replay match to Ten for $4 million.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
I watched my first Shute Shield game in few years over the weekend, through the channel 7 appt, I seriously hated the adds in between tries/points.

I don't know how many adds they had but it was really annoying, maybe it is just me but I like to watch the game without any interruptions

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Article in Monday's fin about how RA want to have some FTA content for Super in 2021 and beyond. Understandably Patrick Delaney blowing up in a fairly strong retort. Sounds like words of a nervous man.

As I refuse to pay for the Fin. care to share some of those words. Frankly, without the distinct offer of an increased deal. Why shouldn't RA look at ways to hopefully boost the visibility of Super Rugby?

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I watched my first Shute Shield game in few years over the weekend, through the channel 7 appt, I seriously hated the adds in between tries/points.

I don't know how many adds they had but it was really annoying, maybe it is just me but I like to watch the game without any interruptions

I agree, the Ch7 web app for viewing shows is total rubbish, and so full of ads that it's nearly not worth it

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The FTA coverage also had ads after every scoring event, as well as during other breaks in play. Not sure that it's any different to the coverage on the App.

It's the inane commentary that irks me more than the ads.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
The FTA coverage also had ads after every scoring event, as well as during other breaks in play. Not sure that it's any different to the coverage on the App.

It's the inane commentary that irks me more than the ads.

The live coverage only has one ad I think where the online version shoves six in each break.

Yeah the commentary is a bit on the inane side.

TheNude

Peter Burge (5)
As I refuse to pay for the Fin. care to share some of those words. Frankly, without the distinct offer of an increased deal. Why shouldn't RA look at ways to hopefully boost the visibility of Super Rugby?

Photo of the article attached.... courtesy of George Gregans cafe in Mascot

Attachments

• C41EB972-8D5A-468B-8369-49F07115E5A0.jpeg
    C41EB972-8D5A-468B-8369-49F07115E5A0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 261

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
I decided against watching the Shute Shield semis on TV this Saturday... instead I am actually going to go to North Sydney to watch it live, No Adds :)

Yep the commentary is pretty bad IMO, I think it still has a amateur feeling about it which may not necessarily be a bad thing for some, but for the casual fan like me it lacks a fair bit when you compare it to Fox Coverage.

Anyone know a good pub to watch the Bledisloe in North Sydney? RA dropped the ball here, they should have hired a massive screen for North Sydney Oval, straight after the second semi the game comes on, get some beer sponsors to set up some bars and some food trucks!

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I decided against watching the Shute Shield semis on TV this Saturday. instead I am actually going to go to North Sydney to watch it live, No Adds :)

Yep the commentary is pretty bad IMO, I think it still has a amateur feeling about it which may not necessarily be a bad thing for some, but for the casual fan like me it lacks a fair bit when you compare it to Fox Coverage.

Anyone know a good pub to watch the Bledisloe in North Sydney? RA dropped the ball here, they should have hired a massive screen for North Sydney Oval, straight after the second semi the game comes on, get some beer sponsors to set up some bars and some food trucks!

Try The Rag and Famish. Just down the road from the oval. Great pub, great beer selection. Likley to be a bit crowded on Saturday.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
The union hotel always shows rugby and sponsors norths. The commodore is good and blues point hotel is a cracker. Kirribilli hotel will have it on and of course the oaks. Rugby heartland!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Watched it at the Oaks, haven’t seen a rugby crowd like that for years, at least not one actually supporting the Wallabies.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Argentina vs Randwick at Coogee Oval to be broadcast on Foxsports on 7th Sep creating 10hours of rugby back to back:

12:35 All Black vs Tonga
2:30 Randwick vs Pumas
5:00 NRC - TBC
7:30 Wallabies vs

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Argentina vs Randwick at Coogee Oval to be broadcast on Foxsports on 7th Sep creating 10hours of rugby back to back:

12:35 All Black vs Tonga
1:00 Fiji v Force (NRC)
2:30 Randwick vs Pumas
4:00 Rising v NSW Country (NRC)
5:00 NRC - TBC
7:30 Wallabies vs