• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

The only players in the Brumbies starting XV this week that I don't rate are; Fanifo, Phibbs, and Chisolm. I really like Coleman on the bench, he can add real value at the back end of games, and the pine is a good spot for him to get a grip on the game. Its a real shame how the year has panned out, so much talent in the capital.

Lets hope Kimlin can keep smashing blokes and play himself into WC selection.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Look on the bright side. 2012 will be a fresh start. A lot of dead wood chopped, new coach and no pesky WC in the back of players minds.

I would have thought with the current form of most of the Brumbies that any thought of the WC for them would be quite delusional.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
It seems less likely that Rocky Elsom will get back on the field for the Brumbies in 2011. His hamstring injury is still hampering him and with the season in the toilet, there's probably no reason to risk it for the RWC and with speculation surrounding his whereabouts in 2012 it could be more beneficial to develop others, particularly with Mitchell Chapman moving to Japan for 2012.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yes, his father mentioned the upcoming tour on the weekend. Would that take precedence over super 15?

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
Yes, his father mentioned the upcoming tour on the weekend. Would that take precedence over super 15?

Brumbies Selection panel are bloody idiots if they dont give VAnderglas a crack at 6 for the rest of the season.
Can someone please explain what this bloke has done exactly to fall off the radar with the Brumbies and how Hooper and Faiagaa offer more than him?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies Selection panel are bloody idiots if they dont give VAnderglas a crack at 6 for the rest of the season.
Can someone please explain what this bloke has done exactly to fall off the radar with the Brumbies and how Hooper and Faiagaa offer more than him?

I think his contract to the 7's take precedence. I would have thought he'd be given some chance when Mitchell Chapman was out injured. Maybe he's been tagged as a '7's only' player and it's counting against him?

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Perhaps they are reluctant to promote players due to costs?

A mate that works for the Brumbies has mentioned they are hardly flush with cash.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

What does Vanderglas offer more than them?

I'm all for singing the tune of Canberra players, but he's not better than any of the guys mentioned above...

He's not a 7 so he's not going to play ahead of Hooper or Fainga'a...

And despite him leaving I would never pick him ahead if Chapman...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
What does Vanderglas offer more than them?

I'm all for singing the tune of Canberra players, but he's not better than any of the guys mentioned above...

He's not a 7 so he's not going to play ahead of Hooper or Fainga'a...

And despite him leaving I would never pick him ahead if Chapman...

a decent lineout option in the backrow for a start

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
I would have played him at 8 rather than Colby, Henry is at least close to the 110kg mark, reasonably tall and due to 7's would be up with the fittest in the squad.

He offers something different, going off this years results it's a wonder they haven't tried something new.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anywas, I fail to see where hed squeeze into the squad now?

I wouldn't play him ahead of anyone in the starting backrow of chapman/hooper/Vaea, and Fainga'a is the best choice for the bench...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I've seen quite a bit of Vanderglas and have come to the conclusion that his rugby mission in life is to play 7s rugby. He is superb at it. In professional XVs rugby he is a lightweight backrower and I'm not talking about how much he weighs.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I have to agree with Lee here...

Plus there's no one in the current squad he would replace...

Aside from Salvi...

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
Light Weight Backrower, really.....from what I have watched of Vanderglas both here in Canberra, in Shute Shield for Randwick and also for the few Brumbies Game he has had...he has always bought a decent amount of Physicallity to the breakdown as well as another attacking weapon on the edge...plus his lineout ability etc....but I guess if the Brumbies next year want to go with the real Light weight 7 or 6 and Shortish No8 then good on them...but i dear say with Jake White coming in and his passion for massive backrow...Hooper, Fainga'a days might be numbered in the starting side. I will say the new 8 from Toulon after watching him on Eurosport the other night....not sure how much he will add to this pack....

Status
Not open for further replies.