• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Brian Smith came in for a lot of praise last night. A few years ago he was very open in criticising our game as boring, totally uninteresting, and so on. I wonder what he thinks now, given that he actually knows something about it?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Mowen says the right things and does the right things but for a number 8 the bloke just doesn't make the dominant hits you need. I mean, he's no mayflower but compare him to other starting 8s and you'll see what I mean.

His strengths are his workload and his lineout jumping, if he was in Europe there's no doubt in my mind he'd be an out-and-out opensider. Even by Aus standards he should be a 6.

Would somebody please move him to the flank and let Fotu start, with Mowen moving to 8 late in the game when Fotu's legs go.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, if Kimlin has another game like that we could see Fotu brought into the starting XV.

I was very imrpessed by Fotu's physicality in the latter part of the match........

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I was very imrpessed by Fotu's physicality in the latter part of the match....

Exactly, some blokes have the skill to alway gain ground in 1 on 1 collisions and it's obviously a good skill.

Fotu has the rare ability to gain ground in 2 on 1 collisions which is a massive asset now that union defences are often using 2 man leagueish tackles.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fotu should start at 8 and Mowen at 6 for me Mowen is a 6 not an 8 anyway.... Did anyone see the bump Fotu gave Quirk when he tried to tackle him, poor young guy bounced off like he was nothing.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Fotu should start at 8 and Mowen at 6 for me Mowen is a 6 not an 8 anyway.. Did anyone see the bump Fotu gave Quirk when he tried to tackle him, poor young guy bounced off like he was nothing.

And the thing is, I'd say Quirk was the 2nd hardest hitter on the field.

I really think the if Palu is injured Fotu could be a valuable player in test rugby.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Henry Speight copped a rib cartilage injury and could be out for 6-8 weeks.

He was magnificent under the high ball, that's really terrible. On the plus side, it means Rathbone and Tomane will get more game time.

I don't think this'll unduly worry White and the Brumbies brains trust, they've got plenty of outside backs (as do both the Tahs and the Reds).

Brian Smith came in for a lot of praise last night. A few years ago he was very open in criticising our game as boring, totally uninteresting, and so on. I wonder what he thinks now, given that he actually knows something about it?

Yeah, nice to see one of the mungo heathens see the light. BTW, did I read somewhere Smith's time at the Ponies has come to an end?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Apparently Henry 'Lazarus' Speight could even be right to play this week. The scan on his ribs didn't show any break or significant damage.

Zinzan

Herbert Moran (7)
Henry Speight to be a Wallaby in 2013.
If not against the lions he will definitely be a rugby championship wallaby.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Sad, but true. Dingo won't put him above Diggers, Shipperly, Cummins, Mitchell, Vuna or Tomane. Even though he's probably better than all but Digby.

he is a good finisher, but that isn't enough for first choice wobs

I expect the back three for the Lions to be

11 Digby
14 JOC (James O'Connor)
15 Beale

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
he is a good finisher, but that isn't enough for first choice wobs

I expect the back three for the Lions to be

11 Digby
14 JOC (James O'Connor)
15 Beale

If you are right, we will lose. I wouldn't mind betting that none of those three make it for at least one of the Tests. Longish odds, but I have a feeling in my water.

Status
Not open for further replies.