• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is he ready to go in your opinion Reg?

Part of me doesn't think he is. He's only now just had his first off-season as a professional, but gee he was good last year culminating in the GF MOM. Plus he isn't exactly a small lad.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Tragic tragic news for Poey (and for Aussie rugby)

Jeez - will be be back? will he be as good? Time will tell.

Reckon Hooper and Gill (whilst being sympathehic) don't have to look over their shoulders - well Gilly especially

Rugby can be a tragic game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Someone has already mentioned Tim Cree........

He's apparently been outstanding in the ACT XV, but is more of a 6/8.........

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
My self last year when i heard about the surgery was the top doctor from the afl.. not rugby doctor.. so yeah from what i heard he got the best of the best

Dr Meyers is THE best knee man in Aust. THat is why most of the NRL, AFL, ARU & Natball players end up on his slab....

T

tranquility

Dr Meyers is THE best knee man in Aust. THat is why most of the NRL, AFL, ARU & Natball players end up on his slab..

He is very good, and certainly has a great reputation.

Hugh's father, Peter McMeniman is also very good. So too is Jeremy Bartlett.

Coincidentally or otherwise they all work in the same office.

GrahamMat

Frank Row (1)
Some thoughts and experiences on the mental challenges of recovery from injury, from another open-sider.

Actually, I didn't know he was a Zimbabwean, despite having spent part of my youth there too. He and the nurse tending him in a Brisbane hospital are both ex-Zimbabweans. That's a long way east for people from that part of the world.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
and they are allowed to contract other state academy players right? So who's around? Michael Gunn from up here would be a leading candidate I would expect. But (again) we have a few quality 7s playing around up here at the moment.

Anyone from the Sydney comp?

Michael Gunn would be ideal if they can attract him down here. From the SS, last year I was impressed with Ale from Manly. Maybe not Super ready yet, but would be a good option for development. Pat Sio? Trained with the Brumbies early on this year, but does he play 7?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Look Fardy is a breakdown pest with the best of them, so him at 6 and Bulter at 7 we might be alright on playing 2 guys who while ain't out and out 7's are good in that respect.

Who's the good 7's running around the ACT .. Who was the ACT XV 7 ?

T

Train Without a Station

Butler isn't going to be Pocock. But he doesn't need to be if Fisher and Larkham are smarter than Deans was with McCalman in 2011. Plenty of teams have been successful without a traditional pilfering 7. A heavier focus on counter rucking over attempting pilfering could be successful anyhow.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Look Fardy is a breakdown pest with the best of them, so him at 6 and Bulter at 7 we might be alright on playing 2 guys who while ain't out and out 7's are good in that respect.

Who's the good 7's running around the ACT .. Who was the ACT XV 7 ?

Michael Smith? Think so. Has the right surname if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.