• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Anyone knows if there's any truth in the Brums trying to recruit Jack Debreczeni from West Harbour

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Jake visiting WP

Sport24

Jake White spotted at Newlands

2013-09-05 08:00

Cape Town - Former Springbok and current Brumbies Super Rugby coach, Jake White, was spotted at the Western Province Currie Cup practice session at Newlands on Wednesday.

White was in discussion with WP coaching trio Allister Coetzee, Robbie Fleck and Matthew Proudfoot.

While the reason for White's presence at the practice was not immediately known, WP's 'faithful' fans will be hoping some of his coaching 'magic' rubs off on the team, who, although the only unbeaten team in this year's tournament, find themselves in third place in the standings as they prepare to take on the table-topping Sharks at Newlands on Saturday.

Kick-off is at 19:10.

5b0dc196a93c41f48029ecb4b475be38.jpg

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
On friday I was a little confused as I watched Tasman play. The half back was Swanepoel. Was this the Brumbies 3rd string. As the Brumbies are not in the habit of early releases does this mean Mark Swanepoel is no show to replace Ian Prior.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
EPS player, plus if you recall 2010 we released Lealiifano to play for Waikato. That also happens to be where we discovered Speight.

I'd still say he's our new backup 9, only guy I'd want to chase is Phipps but the Tahs have him.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
EPS player, plus if you recall 2010 we released Lealiifano to play for Waikato. That also happens to be where we discovered Speight.

I'd still say he's our new backup 9, only guy I'd want to chase is Phipps but the Tahs have him.

But that was before Jake came in and made all of the Brumbies represent a local side.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Having said that I'm guessing Swanepoel was one of the Easts' saffer gang?

In which case their season ended a few weeks back.........

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Jesse Mogg's had his shoulder reconstruction and said at this stage he'll be back about mid-March

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It was a bit of a catch 22 for him. Wait any longer and maybe not make the wallabies teams or miss more of 2014.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Haven't heard much.

I did see him in Auckland on the way back from the final but he hasn't been able to do much training with his complication.

Status
Not open for further replies.