• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I remember Ita Vaea playing all three of the backrow in the last two years, will he be Pocock's backup? Or are we after a new openside?

I think losing Coleman would be bad but not awful. Mogg having an average day this year has been just as good as Coleman having a good day at fullback.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
I remember Ita Vaea playing all three of the backrow in the last two years, will he be Pocock's backup? Or are we after a new openside?

Will Vaea even be playing next year? I seem to recall reports at the time suggesting it was possible he may never play again. Though I guess the fact that he hasn't been cut from the squad would suggest he's a fair chance to come back.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He is too good to be playing club footy - would understand completely if he wanted to move to the Rebels or Force.

Very nice guy, and always has been - would be a great asset.

Robbie has a truckload of talent and skills, but imo is too small to be successful at S15 level. I've been disappointed with his performances this year when he's come off the bench. Defence against the big runners seems to be his weakness.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)

I think losing Coleman would be bad but not awful. Mogg having an average day this year has been just as good as Coleman having a good day at fullback.
There was a player running around with the Sevens - Tom Cussack - who I think should be looked at as Pococks back-up. Big strong and a good turn of speed. Workrate is very high as well

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
There was a player running around with the Sevens - Tom Cussack - who I think should be looked at as Pococks back-up. Big strong and a good turn of speed. Workrate is very high as well

He's still with the sevens and now that Rio is on the radar I don't think he'd want to focus on 15's yet and lose his chance for Rio.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
Super player who can play all back row positions. He would drop the sevens in a heartbeat if offered a fulltime contract with the Brumbies & if White brings in another SA backrower ahead of him there needs to be serious questions asked.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Super player who can play all back row positions. He would drop the sevens in a heartbeat if offered a fulltime contract with the Brumbies & if White brings in another SA backrower ahead of him there needs to be serious questions asked.

Another? We don't have any SA back-rowers.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
There's a young 7 playing for Manly (yeah, another one) Aho I think. He looks to have the goods and comes from a proven breeding ground at the Marlins. Is he Aust qualified?

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Growden's latest gossip piece has Todd Louden linked with a job at the Brumbies:

http://www.espnscrum.com/australia/rugby/story/191021.html

Can't see there'd be a spot for him, unless perhaps Larkham is being lined up for an assistant coach job with the Wallabies. Either that or it'd just be in a 'consultant' role like Brian Smith

After mulling this over could he be lined up for Brumby Academy now that decentralisation is to occur.

We previously had Darren Coleman.

James O'Connor

Bob McCowan (2)
Surely we will have to start signing some players soon, hopefully kimlin will stay.

Local talents Cuscack, Staniforth and Robinson should be included in the greater squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.