• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
This makes no sense the bloke doesn’t need to qualify for Aus he is Australian and has played 7s. WTF would you go to Italy when you are arguably the next best 13 in the country? Surly if the Brumbies weren’t paying him enough some other clubs like the Force or Rebels would??

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
jauzy19 This is why I am worried when I see you post :(

So true. It's like the info you want to know but don't actually want to know. Maybe Jauzy should start all posts with an apology in bearing bad news?

Whoever is advising Kuridrani management wise is a fool. Seriously this guy was making in roads and had a pretty solid path into the Wallabies. Shame he isn't sticking around.

Brumbies have a good alternative in Andrew Smith, luckily.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This makes no sense the bloke doesn’t need to qualify for Aus he is Australian and has played 7s. WTF would you go to Italy when you are arguably the next best 13 in the country? Surly if the Brumbies weren’t paying him enough some other clubs like the Force or Rebels would??

Maybe the lure of going to play with illustrious Aussie fly half Daniel Halangahu was just an offer too good to refuse. o_O

Whilst Kuridrani's decision to leave is a bit strange considering he might not be that far away from playing for the Wallabies, the flipside of that is AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has an absolute mortgage on the jersey at the moment and will be the 13 as long as he is healthy.

I think people underestimate that the lure of going overseas for a year or two isn't just about money. So many young Aussies in all fields move overseas for a period for a life experience (often working for less money than they would at home).

When Kuridrani has an opportunity to do it for more money than he'd be currently earning it could be a pretty enticing opportunity if you're so inclined.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Maybe the lure of going to play with illustrious Aussie fly half Daniel Halangahu was just an offer too good to refuse. o_O

Whilst Kuridrani's decision to leave is a bit strange considering he might not be that far away from playing for the Wallabies, the flipside of that is AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has an absolute mortgage on the jersey at the moment and will be the 13 as long as he is healthy.

I think people underestimate that the lure of going overseas for a year or two isn't just about money. So many young Aussies in all fields move overseas for a period for a life experience (often working for less money than they would at home).

When Kuridrani has an opportunity to do it for more money than he'd be currently earning it could be a pretty enticing opportunity if you're so inclined.

As well as experiencing Italy, Italian women, and being paid well

He will be 100kms away from my favorite city in Italy, Bologna

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ha.........

1. stadetoulousain_normal.jpg
    jauzy19@jauzy19
    9h
    Centre Tevita Kuridrani from @BrumbiesRugby has signed for italian franchise @ZebreRugby #rugby #Brumbies #Zebre
    Expand
  2. Brumbies_avatar_normal.jpg
    Brumbies Rugby@BrumbiesRugby
    1h
    @jauzy19 @ZebreRugby Think you're a fair way off the mark there.

Hide conversation

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
great retort by brumbies.
would stun me. the standard in italy is low and the money with even the top italian teams is a ways off the rest of the rabo league and others in europe.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So true. It's like the info you want to know but don't actually want to know. Maybe Jauzy should start all posts with an apology in bearing bad news?

Whoever is advising Kuridrani management wise is a fool. Seriously this guy was making in roads and had a pretty solid path into the Wallabies. Shame he isn't sticking around.

Brumbies have a good alternative in Andrew Smith, luckily.

Yeah, but how are the reserves stocks looking? Maybe time for Joe Tomane to move into 13 if there are more alternative wingers in the wings (so to speak). I do like the look of Stephan van der Walt. Is Clyde playing next year?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yeah, but how are the reserves stocks looking? Maybe time for Joe Tomane to move into 13 if there are more alternative wingers in the wings (so to speak). I do like the look of Stephan van der Walt. Is Clyde playing next year?

Just saw he may not be going. I for one will be very happy if that's the case. Joe might have to stay out wider for a bit longer.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Fotu Auelua and Andrew Smith have signed one year contract extensions.

Sam Carter has signed through to the end of 2015.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Anyone know when Pocock is due back? From twitter he seems to be traveling quite well?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
He could pretty much go where he wants.

He is well known in the industry and does a great job where ever he has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.