• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Larkham's first session as head coach will be for the players to replicate this*

* = not true

God I just watched this, I love how bernie could just run and create a gab from nothing.. we had it good for a while there. Hopefully he can teach the young guys a bit of his running game

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I think it sounds well considered and will use the strengths of both men to adavnce the Brumbies... My big question is who will bethe forwards coach as laurie did such a great job...

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Laurie is still coaching the forwards. What I think will happen is Bernie will say "We need to be able to do this" and Fisher will coach the forwards on what they need to do in order to do it.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm not so sure that the Brumbies will have an easy time of it next year:
  1. They've got a much tougher draw than this year.
  2. They've got a lot of players on the EOYT who won't start training till early/mid-January and this will impact on their cohesiveness in the first few rounds.
  3. No one in the Australian conference will be a push-over. I can see upsets galore depending on how the Force and Rebels integrate their new players into their teams. In NZ the Chiefs and the Saders will dominate, in SA the Sharks and maybe the Stormers if they can get a result out of their Australasian odyssey. But here it could easily be any one of five, with at least three top-running teams and the other two very close behind.
  4. The Brumbies play very well from in front but I have yet to see them play well when they have to open up and play expansively to chase the game.
  5. Having dual leadership in a team can work better than a single leader, but it can also work much worse. We will need to see how it goes but the jury is still out on how successful it will be.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I reckon 2014 will be the year of the Waratahs. I don't think it will be so flash for the Reds or Brumbies.

The Brumbies were relatively lucky that George Smith was able to come in for Dave Pocock this season. There are a couple of guys like Nic White and Pocock whose absence would really hurt the Brumbies.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
So both larkham and fisher are winners. What could go wrong with having two people trying to agree selections, tactics , training programs etc. Won't be much of a change from the authoritarian regime of white will it? 10% chance it will work, as a tahs fan, I hope it fails slowly. As an aus rugby fan, I hope act rugby realise their folly, even if they only correct it behind closed doors.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So both larkham and fisher are winners. What could go wrong with having two people trying to agree selections, tactics , training programs etc. Won't be much of a change from the authoritarian regime of white will it? 10% chance it will work, as a tahs fan, I hope it fails slowly. As an aus rugby fan, I hope act rugby realise their folly, even if they only correct it behind closed doors.

Seems most Brumbies fans are happy but opposite teams think the Brumbies will fail..

Interesting. We will do well once again because we are a team.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
  1. No one in the Australian conference will be a push-over.

mate every year the rebels and force are supost to be building into something special... i dont wanna crush anyones dreams here but they will be push overs- they will be bottom of the table and they will lose to every sa and kiwi team along the way, save for one game a season where the oposition team doesnt turn up and the force or rebels play like men posessed> then we'll all talk about how much potential they have for the next year and round and round it goes
the reality is they are improving as teams... its just that every other team is improving at a far greater rate
the waratahs would expect growth on last year but the reds and brumbies have new coaches and it could go either way> im optimistic but i aint about to believe that all of a sudden australian rugby will dominate the southern hemishere
*ps not havin a go at u in particular> just read the same hopes and dreams every year from every aussie supporter

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FYI:

web02brumbies-300x0.jpg

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I just wanted to acknowledge the Brumbies for their 'far and wide' recruitment approach. Two kids from Rockhampton flew down yesterday to take part in the trialling and testing for their u20 academy. Regardless of how they go, I know they are both very grateful for the opportunity.
Hopefully they both turn some heads - I know they are looking forward to it.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Oz had this line at the end of their article, which kinda (but not really) contradicts earlier reports that the squad was full:

Im guess Ita is the 1 left.... He maybe just on medical leave or somthing like grands keeper for 200k a year

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
And just saying. The more I read about the set up of Fisher and Larkham the more I like. They know Fisher could do the boss job but it actually sounds like a been there done that for him. They think (and we all) that Larkham could be a great coach. So take the pressure off him, focus on the team, dont worry about culture pathways all that stuff, we have Laurie for that.

Larkhams Head job is to make the Brumbies win, Fishers to assist that guide the forwards and take care of Canberra Rugby..

Sounds great

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
mate every year the rebels and force are supost to be building into something special. i dont wanna crush anyones dreams here but they will be push overs- they will be bottom of the table and they will lose to every sa and kiwi team along the way, save for one game a season where the oposition team doesnt turn up and the force or rebels play like men posessed> then we'll all talk about how much potential they have for the next year and round and round it goes
the reality is they are improving as teams. its just that every other team is improving at a far greater rate

Getting a bit off topic but...

That's just all wrong. The Force beat both the Crusaders and the Highlanders. Lost to the Chiefs and Hurricanes in NZ by 1 and 6 points, respectively. That's a pretty good record. Pretty sure it's as many points as the Waratahs picked up against NZ teams.

Nobody ever says the Rebels or Force are building into something special, just that they are building (ie they still aren't very good but maybe that'll change). This is the first time since 2008 that you could say the Force squad for the following year is better than the one this year.

Did the Highlanders have an entire season where they didn't turn up?

Status
Not open for further replies.