• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Can someone explain the Eps isn't it now just a squad spot paid for by the club? Or is it they can only be used if injury occurs

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
And any chance we will ever sign Tom Cusack. I know his a sevens guy and been injured but he looks like a gun.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Draw is not too bad. No Jake White clash next year.

Brumbies (don't play Hurricanes & Sharks)

1. (H) Reds
2. (A) Chiefs
3. (A) Rebels
4. (H) Force
5. (A) Reds
6. (A) Waratahs
7. Bye
8. (H) Cheetahs
9. (A) Blues
10. (H) Rebels
11. (H) Highlanders
12. (H) Waratahs
13. (A) Stormers
14. (A) Lions
15. Bye
16. (H) Bulls
17. (A) Force
18. (H) Crusaders

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Has Robbie Coleman played scrummie before? He might have very well played every backline position. Surely the ultimate utility player.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Based on the earlier discussion of the current squad make up and how it is already forward heavy, you'd think not

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I hope we sign Ita Vaea, and I hope he stands by the work the brumbies did with him while sick. But everyone will want the guy. His type dont come around often.

But I just hope his fit and healthy and playing rugby, I will always be a fan..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Australian Wallabies hooker Stephen Moore has quit his position on the ACT Rugby Union board to focus on club captaincy and says players should not be granted a compulsory seat on the Brumbies board.

Player power is embedded in Brumbies history and the ACTRU is bound by an agreement with the Rugby Union Players Association to have a player representative on its board.

But Moore has questioned the value of having a player representative, adding that the best candidate should fill his role rather than limit it to a current player.

"I would query that there's a need for a professional player to be on the board," Moore said.

"My view is that the best people available need to be on a board. I don't think professional players should be represented because they are players for that reason alone.

"If there's a player who is the best person for the job, then so be it. That's just how I feel about that position.

"Having observed the board and been a part of it, I just felt there wasn't a role there for a professional player and the way to move forward is to fill that role with the best possible person."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/wallabies-captain-stephen-moore-steps-down-from-brumbies-board-20141011-114nxf.html#ixzz3FqZ0oU4K

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Jesse Mogg has had a recon on his right rocky boulder and will miss up to 6 months which is around 1-2 months of the new season

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...gs-loss-to-eagles-in-nrc-20141011-114nx0.html

So who is the logical stand-in while Moggy is out of action? Pat McCabbe could have been but not now unfortunately. Christian played some ITM games at fullback for Waikato a few years back. Robbie Coleman? Would expect him to be peppered with high balls because of his shorter stature.

This looks to be the spot where the Brumbies are currently most exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.