• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
On form? Haven't seen him play 15 for a couple of years, and his form on the wing for the Vikings has been poor imo. I just don't see him as a viable option for 15 when he is someting like 30 - 45 cm shorter than most of the opposition players who will be contesting high balls with him. For evidence, go back and watch the Vikings games where he played on the wing. On every occasion he chased the high kick or kick off, he never contested the balll but (sensibly) waited until the opposition player caught it and then immediately went in to the tackle. That tactic will not work in a defensive situation when he is the only player contesting the high ball at the back.

Robbie's spot is as close to the play as possible where he can use his speed off the mark and defend as soon as his opposite receives the ball.

The Brumbies will be in deep trouble if they don't get hold of a proper, reliable No 15.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Dargaville is a good signing. The majority of the Sydney Uni professionals have "normally" been signed to the Rebels or the Tahs. Good to see their talent pool is being shared around.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Dargaville plays a similar style to McCabe, yeah? If so:
Sio, Siliva, R. Smith, Carter, Fardy, Smiler, Doyle (I want Pocock's knees as far from rugby as they can be until april), Butler, White, To'omua, Tomane, Tatekawa, Kuridrani, Speight, Dargaville should be our lineup in round one.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
My confidence in Lealiifano is low, despite his wonderful performance last night. If he keeps it up on the EOYT, of course I'd pick him. Someone in another thread said that form is the ultimate currency, and his is poor, while Tatekawa's is high (admittedly for Japan, given he got 0 play time with us).

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Wow rugby fans have short memories. A bit of bad form and we chuck a player on the scrap heap. Lilo is bloody quality. You Brumby blokes have got to get Bernie to play him at 10 and To'omua at 12.

Personally I think they're both great, but I don't think my word holds much sway with Bernie :)

Reactions: mst

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Dargaville plays a similar style to McCabe, yeah? If so:
Sio, Siliva, R. Smith, Carter, Fardy, Smiler, Doyle (I want Pocock's knees as far from rugby as they can be until april), Butler, White, To'omua, Tomane, Tatekawa, Kuridrani, Speight, Dargaville should be our lineup in round one.

Year - this is precisely where an unlike button would be handy.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
After watching the NRC campaign I am a little disappointed Brumbies didn't give local young guns Perry and Powell contracts over Doyle and Dowsett

Perry and Powell both played much better than Doyle and Dowsett. Powell's service from the back of the ruck is second to none.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
My confidence in Lealiifano is low, despite his wonderful performance last night. If he keeps it up on the EOYT, of course I'd pick him. Someone in another thread said that form is the ultimate currency, and his is poor, while Tatekawa's is high (admittedly for Japan, given he got 0 play time with us).

Tatekawa?

The guy who couldn't even get a spot on the bench when there was an injury crisis?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So I've been a long time critic of To'omua playing 10 and CL at 12 for the Brumbies, as I think To'omua should be playing 12 as he does for the Wallabies. But after Saturday's game, I'm not so sure. Do I owe Bernie an apology?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
So I've been a long time critic of To'omua playing 10 and CL at 12 for the Brumbies, as I think To'omua should be playing 12 as he does for the Wallabies. But after Saturday's game, I'm not so sure. Do I owe Bernie an apology?

Well it was first game at both super rugby and international level where CL played good at 12. Previously he was best at 10. Its a massive shock. Who knows what to do now!

Status
Not open for further replies.