• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Waterboy

Stan Wickham (3)
Don't think they'll run with a back up No 7 on the bench, so I'm anticipating Smiler to cover No 6, and he has been going ok lately.

I agree that Arnold will probably start and maybe Enever on the bench. Think Tom needs another year (or at least more time) before taking on Super rugby.

Would rather see Moore start to see how long he can play instead of bringing him on for a set time later in the game when it probably isn't known just how long he will last in his first game. And what happens if Mann-Rea goes down in the first 5 - 10 minutes?

Without Ah Wong, the backs bench does look a bit thin. Hopefully one or both of Dargaville and Taliauli step up to the required standard, and Moggy comes back fit and in form. We do look a bit weak in the 9 and 10 reserve spots at the moment.

I assume Joe Powell will be the third string 9? Lealifano, Coleman and Iona can all play 10 if need be. Taliauli and Dargaville both look great talents but not sure if the expereience is there... i would be leaning towards Taliauli as the better of the two, could he be a long term 15?? Im also rather concerned about the hooker situation!!! maybe they will have to bring someone in on a short term contract if injuries continue

ACT Waterboy

Stan Wickham (3)
My thoughts are this back 3 are sorted
Fardy
Poey
Butler

Locks Carter and the next best. But what Im looking forward to this season is 2 of our 8's Ita and Futo if we can get them fit and firing we will have a massive dominate player all game.. Teams are dreaming of that.

The depth is also fantastic in the back row
Smiler, Doyle, Auelua and Vae are all quality players

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Maybe they could force feed Pocock for the next two weeks and get him to play hooker in the opener against Queensland as they appear to be short on options.

"The starting hooker position remains up for grabs after Mitch Wade suffered a season-ending knee injury in last weekend's 24-19 pre-season loss to the Otago Highlanders in Wagga Wagga.
Brumbies captain Stephen Moore is likely to come off the bench in his return from a torn ACL, while Siliva Siliva and Josh Mann-Rea are also on limited training programs.
The other option is throwing in the uncapped Les Makin, who came on for Wade."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ear-deal-in-french-rugby-20150203-134rcu.html

Is it time to cut Siliva loose, he seems to be permanently injured?

T

TOCC

So all those who were calling him a criminal will no doubt be retracting their comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
That now means we can't play 'Smooth Criminal' when he tackles someone.

But we can potentially distract him by putting a 3-Tonne Excavator on the sideline. He might get distracted and chain himself to it. I'll see if Massey Ferguson have any spare for when you pony fellas head down to Mexico.

In all seriousness, I do admire the guy for having the courage of his convictions and joining the protest. He was very lucky to get away with it. He does WAY more good for Rugby and various charities than he does bad (KB (Kurtley Beale), JOC (James O'Connor) etc etc...)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I take the view that it would be good to get a near full season out of Siliva before he heads South. I see that Pat Leafa has signed again with the Rebels apparently until end of 2016, so there will be a very good Hooker missing out down there for extended game time next year.

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)
Very nice to hear our local U20's Brumbies squad had a win against the Rebels. Realise its just a trial game, but good start in preparation for the Champs in SA at end of Feb. Any stand outs in the squad?? U20's OZ team contention? I am aware of some boys who will probably get through, especially from last years squad. Connel McInerny (hooker), centre from Q'byn can't think of his name ATM. The fullback from Gungalin?

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
My thoughts are this back 3 are sorted
Fardy
Poey
Butler

Locks Carter and the next best. But what Im looking forward to this season is 2 of our 8's Ita and Futo if we can get them fit and firing we will have a massive dominate player all game.. Teams are dreaming of that.

Certainly could do need a No.8 ASAP... Congrats to both for getting back, hope to see them take the field soon...

Oh and to the rest of the brums 2015 rookies u guys look the deal make it yours....

And just remember Bulter's Super Bowl winning play... A rookie made it happen !!!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies have put out a press release naming Pocock as the 13th Brumbies' captain...........

Brumbies Captains

1. Brett Robinson
2. Ewen McKenzie
3. George Gregan
4. Owen Finegan
5. Stirling Mortlock
6. Alister Campbell
7. George Smith
8. Stephen Hoiles
9. Matt Giteau
10. Stephen Moore
11. Ben Mowen
12. Nic White
13. David Pocock

Kimlin's effort against the B&I Lions doesn't count?

Status
Not open for further replies.