• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

From Twitter, the ARU have stopped Tom Staniforth from playing in the ITM Cup as too retain Australian talent within the NRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Very interesting. It's a bloody joke seeing Aus players in the ITM Cup and then Super Rugby teams signing Kiwis.

What was the fucking point of the NRC if not to stop that!
True if we are going to send our best young stars to the ITM cup why bother with the NRC.. Although I suspect Tom was looking for somthing a little different.... He would probably do well going to a different team other then the Rising.. Change as good as a holiday..

T

TOCC

News article now saying he will play for the Eagles..

I think it's the right decision by the ARU, the comp won't improve unless the best players are playing in it..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies wanted to send him to the ITM for the experience........

ARU knocked it back..........

Brumbies are fine with that, although the Vikings have already filled their squad so he'll play for the Eagles.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
News article now saying he will play for the Eagles..

I think it's the right decision by the ARU, the comp won't improve unless the best players are playing in it..

Link?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Great news!

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ining-french-club-nevers-20150731-giotvy.html

Going to be fighting it out with Enever for a bench spot though.... good competition to have.

I thought Smiler was a stand out this year coming off the bench, and am very glad to see him stay on. But the way Arnold and Enever performed after Sam's injury will make the bench lock spot very hotly contested indeed. In his favour, Smiler also covers 6 and I think he's played some 8 as well. Maybe both on the bench, but that would be just as harsh on Butler assuming Vaea starts at 8. Certainly exceptional injury cover in the second row and back row.

Now, just need to shore up the 12/13/15 cover and get that international 9 who's apparently close to signing. Might explain why Bernie seems to be after Andrew Smith to return. Pity we missed out on Hodge. He looks to be one out of the box.

Reactions: mst

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Wouldn't worry too much about game time for Arnold/Butler/Carter/Enever/Fardy/Smiler/Vaea in the 4/5/6/8 jumpers, St Catastrophe of the Injuries has yet to have her say at the selection table. Her vote here will be decisive. Nice depth.

What's happened to Fotu Auelua?

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
2016 looking good for the brumbies so far. Already looking like the team to beat in the Aus conference.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wouldn't worry too much about game time for Arnold/Butler/Carter/Enever/Fardy/Smiler/Vaea in the 4/5/6/8 jumpers, St Catastrophe of the Injuries has yet to have her say at the selection table. Her vote here will be decisive. Nice depth.

Worried about where Jarrad Butler fits into that lineup. Not sure about Fotu's future. If he's still around 9 quality players fitting into 5 spots might need a few injuries to let them all get good game time. And I haven't even factored Tom Staniforth into the mix.

EDIT : And that's not allowing for Pocock and Fardy being rusted on starters. So really 9 or 10 vying for about 3 spots.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
If he's still around 9 quality players fitting into 5 spots might need a few injuries to let them all get good game time. And I haven't even factored Tom Staniforth into the mix.

Western Force are looking for a few in the 4/5/6 area. :)

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Worried about where Jarrad Butler fits into that lineup. Not sure about Fotu's future. If he's still around 9 quality players fitting into 5 spots might need a few injuries to let them all get good game time. And I haven't even factored Tom Staniforth into the mix.

EDIT : And that's not allowing for Pocock and Fardy being rusted on starters. So really 9 or 10 vying for about 3 spots.

IMHO it give us a strong "engine room" and noting that there is a lot of interchangeability, it provides the ability to let them work hard and rotate in and out allowing the opportunity them to freshen up without the team losing anything, and that even with an injury or two (touch wood!)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

I tend to agree and a few of them Fardy Pocock etc are going to have a big RWC so it's going to be tough year next year and rotations going to be important..

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Sio
Moore
Alexander
Carter
Arnold
Fardy
Pocock
Vaea

Alaalaatoa
Mann-Rae
Anae
Smiler
Butler

That is one hell of a forward pack. If Bernie does the right thing and puts Lilo and To'omua the right way round that team is going to be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.