• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
he's definitely left Treviso. He packed his bags and left. No holiday

But doesn't yet show up as a transfer out on their team list for next year.

Queensland contracting law and player agents deserve a whole episode of the X files. From Genia's non Force contract, to JOC (James O'Connor)'s undetermined duration contract, QC (Quade Cooper)'s I have signed but didn't want to and now Anae has left but seem his club is yet to find out......and you wonder why they cant oust RG!

If he is hunting for a contract I can see why he would be sniffing around the Brumbies, but I would assume it would be via the NRC which I am yet to hear he is linked with the Vikings.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
He sent a similar tweet in the past when he was down here for a holiday (took the kids to Questacon) and to get his passport sorted for Italy which generated similar speculation.

According to the Treviso transfers list for 15/16, he is not leaving. So its most likely visiting friends with some contact shopping for next year unless there are deals yet to be done.

Edit: for those that want a giggle, have a read of the Touloun "ïn's" list - JOC (James O'Connor)?:p

http://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/34076-Transfers-2015-16

They have Quade there too.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If the cynics have their way over on the Wallaby squad thread he'll be suiting up for the Wallabies in a coupla weeks..... ;)

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Back-line for next year:

9. Dowsett
10. Cooper
11. Tomane
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Lilo

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Moggy's departure will leave a big hole for the Brumbies at 15. Robbie's a useful stand in but I really think he has problems contesting the high ball and in one-on-one defense against the size of current day centres, wingers etc. And he certainly is way down the list of potential Wallabies imo.

So, I would think the Brumbies will be in the market for a new No 15. Maybe Dave Feltscher from Warringah?

Aidan Toua.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Back-line for next year:

9. Dowsett
10. Cooper
11. Tomane
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Lilo

Um....no! Even if he came free; no. Not saying he isn't a good player but not at the Brumbies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Um..no! Even if he came free; no. Not saying he isn't a good player but not at the Brumbies.

Haha I think Cooper should go to the Rebels they need some spark in attack down there. We are pretty privileged to have a settled back-line already.

Next year will be great with Lilo 10 and To'omua 12 all season.

A decent kicking fullback would be great though.

Reactions: mst

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Haha I think Cooper should go to the Rebels they need some spark in attack down there. We are pretty privileged to have a settled back-line already.

Next year will be great with Lilo 10 and To'omua 12 all season.

A decent kicking fullback would be great though.

nah we don't need him. Future Wallaby pairing of little red and JD will do us jsut fine.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Do you know why he wanted out of his ProD2 contract after a year, and why Agen started him at 15 only 6 times, the other 14 games were off the bench or wing?

'Family reasons' I think it was. My mail is that he is definitely in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.