• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
isnt Hyne a 2nd rower

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I thought so but they sent him to SA for cover when Butler was injured. So I think he is considered a lock / flanker, same as Dean Oakman-Hunt. He is shorter than Fardy at 196cms, so closer to Smiler and Ah-Wong.

At least we should have some depth in the flanker ranks.

What does make me have a giggle about conversations like this is that we must remember that their is no depth in Australian rugby and limited emerging talent!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I like the idea of Alcock coming in if it proves to be so. From all the fankers/Nos 8 who are around, only Wells could really be classified as a No 7, and he is very green. Great move to have another No 7 providing cover/competition for the spot.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I like the idea of Alcock coming in if it proves to be so. From all the fankers/Nos 8 who are around, only Wells could really be classified as a No 7, and he is very green. Great move to have another No 7 providing cover/competition for the spot.

It would be good to have the cover / competition at 7, but its only for a year and I then wonder who loses out? I also fear that the the knock on from Pococks return will see us lose the likes of Butler and others with the flanker stocks we have.

Personally, i would take a chance on 2 green 7's, one being Wells. They have a year to make their mark and see if they can increase their value.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Maybe Chris sees a twelve month stint at the Brumbies as being a stepping stone on the way home? Anyway, it's possible that one or two of the current flankers will leave at the end of 2017 regardless of Poey's return or Chris' presence. Churn happens.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
12 months of footy vs 12 months on the bench

? Are you suggesting Alcock would get twelve months starting time at the Force? Not while the wily old fox Hodgson is in the side. More chance of game time at the Brumbies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
? Are you suggesting Alcock would get twelve months starting time at the Force? Not while the wily old fox Hodgson is in the side. More chance of game time at the Brumbies.
no other way round, he'll probably start 7 at the Brumbies Butler at 8

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

Not the case for Wells sadly.

I would have thought if he was looking for game time he would have headed for the Reds but he missed that boat. With much made of Butler being signed to cover Pocock I don't think it will get him game time. Alcock is a pretty good player, but cant get a regular start at any franchise so what are the Brumbies taking him on and why?

I have no issue with giving some of the players that have been around a shot in a new environment, but at this point i think the Brumbies need to stop taking on the "reformist" role and focus on the emerging talent especially when its for a single year.

I agree churn will always happen but this is unique i that it can be managed somewhat.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
With Alcock signing, it means minimal work required for the sign writer on the player lockers.

Cross out Po and replace with Al.

:eek: Um, ah....was the door opening for the budget cuts or "one name suits all" lines opening intentional?

I just hope that they haven't done a generic No.7 Jersey:p

Status
Not open for further replies.