• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It's confirmed Pocock is off to Panasonic Wild Knights for 3 seasons : end of 2016 after Spring Tour, 2017 season, then after the 2019 World Cup

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That should hopefully give him a limited off-season/pre-season at the end of 2017, and a full off-season/pre-season at the end of 2018. I believe he will be refreshed come the RWC 2019.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Alcock would be my preference of the No7s from the west. Godwin, I'm not so sure. He is probably being looked at to replace Matty until the youngsters like JJH and Jooste prove their worth. Just maybe, however, he might rise to the level of potential he showed earlier on, ion a new team setup.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Goodwin is a great signing IMO, and Alcock too. I think Goodwin has similarities to To'omua so I think he's a perfect fit.

Even if he doesn't reach those "heights" we all want him too I'm confident he will still be a solid super xv player who will only add to the depth of the team.

Same goes for Alcock.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Gee that JJH is a good talent. Is he locked down for next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked down ATM and will probably make Godwin at best a short term prospect in an already crowded group of utility backs.

The Alcock move make no sense for the Brumbies as Butler is only on a one year deal, Pocock will be back in a year, and from what we are seeing Wells is a good talent showing really good promise and Ben Hyne in the wings waiting for a chance.

IMHO, forget both and buy a good goal kicking 15 and another 10.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What about Robbie Coleman?

Going further down the pecking order the longer he stays around. Haven't seen a stand-out game by Robbie, including at World 10s, for a couple of years. JJH looked a whole lot more comfortable and accomplished in his short cameos before the test window break than Robbie has all year. And if he reaches his potential, Godwin will also be streets ahead. IMO Robbie is at the stage of his career where a move overseas would be wise. But Bernie Larkham doesn't seem to see it that way. Maybe loyalty getting in the way?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Locked down ATM and will probably make Godwin at best a short term prospect in an already crowded group of utility backs.

The Alcock move make no sense for the Brumbies as Butler is only on a one year deal, Pocock will be back in a year, and from what we are seeing Wells is a good talent showing really good promise and Ben Hyne in the wings waiting for a chance.

IMHO, forget both and buy a good goal kicking 15 and another 10.
It is if we want to play Butler 8 which we do as its his best position

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
It is if we want to play Butler 8 which we do as its his best position

True, but in the flanker ranks we also have Smiler, Fardy,Wells, Hyne, Valetini(EPS?) and Vaea's spot to be filled which i would assume they would want a bigger ball runner; and that is with Pocock away.

So beyond 2017 we would have a pretty packed roster.

I believe that in addition to above at least one the Oakman-Hunt boys (flankers) also have been part of the Brumbies wider training group of late.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
True, but in the flanker ranks we also have Smiler, Fardy,Wells, Hyne, Valetini(EPS?) and Vaea's spot to be filled which i would assume they would want a bigger ball runner; and that is with Pocock away.

So beyond 2017 we would have a pretty packed roster.

I believe that in addition to above at least one the Oakman-Hunt boys (flankers) also have been part of the Brumbies wider training group of late.
We got that big number 8 from the Reds coming down next year. hmm

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
We got that big number 8 from the Reds coming down next year. hmm

Crap. I forgot about the one from the Reds. So including Alcock it is about 8 options; Pocock being the 9th when he returns and its not including any of the NRC potential candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.