• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
New jerseys...

EDITED-1.jpg

A return to the "burnt orange" gold.

1513654440682.jpg
Looks beautiful

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Looks beautiful

A design only a mother could love. Have a look at the Reds jersey for a well-designed jersey that doesn't look totally boring in its colour selection. The burnt orange actually dulls-down an already super-dull navy. Team will play OK, just not in a great outfit.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I mean the jersey is ugly, but it looks like the jerseys of yesteryear (which I would debate were always ugly).

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Maybe it's just me, but I like it, having had no real attachment to any Brumbies Jersey. Particularly for how clean it. Nice, solid, non-clashing colours in well defined areas, and the little bit of additional colour in the trim.

No fading, no slashing, no weird shiny greys/silvers, no crazy patterns half visible, no team mascots/logos plastered on the front, unobtrusive center sponsor.

Lots for Jersey Designers to pay attention to learn I reckon.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Maybe it's just me, but I like it, having had no real attachment to any Brumbies Jersey. Particularly for how clean it. Nice, solid, non-clashing colours in well defined areas, and the little bit of additional colour in the trim.

No fading, no slashing, no weird shiny greys/silvers, no crazy patterns half visible, no team mascots/logos plastered on the front, unobtrusive center sponsor.

Lots for Jersey Designers to pay attention to learn I reckon.
I agree it's nice solid colours it's a nice Jersey...

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
A design only a mother could love. Have a look at the Reds jersey for a well-designed jersey that doesn't look totally boring in its colour selection. The burnt orange actually dulls-down an already super-dull navy. Team will play OK, just not in a great outfit.
They engaged with the fans and gave them what they wanted, which is something that other clubs could try.
I couldn’t give a shit what other jerseys look like, this mother is totally happy.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
It always good to keep with tradition and heritage and it has its place. Its good that the Brumbies allegedly engage with the fans (those one they actually did) but i wonder if they would have been better placed to ask the 25%+ of the ex-members they lost over the previous year about what would have brought them back.

This year, even in keeping with the going back to the past theme that evokes mixed feelings across the membership, they had the option to split the difference and keep with the traditional home jersey that is well liked and make the away jersey more of a contemporary vehicle to "renewal".

If the membership is still low in 2018 as predicted they really have boxed themselves in to the change corner in 2019 which will upset the "traditionalist' members as usual.

As for our opinion on the jersey, well its a 50/50 split between Mst's. One loves it the other likes it but thinks its not really that inspiring other than appealing to the traditionalist .

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not really important imo, but I like the away jersey better than the home one.

More to the point, Brumbies fans will probably be interested to learn that Ruan Smith has been named in the Sunwolves squad for 2018. Probably have to wait til 3 June to see him in action when the Brumbies host the Sunwolves.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Brumbies' website reporting that Pocock suffered a head injury in the final in Japan and had to be replaced at half time. Not good news.

Also reporting that Christian Lealiifano will be back training from next week after a successful (according to Les Kiss) stint with Ulster.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Here's how I see the season for Brumbies: first three games are away - Sunwolves, Reds and Rebels all wins - Sharks at home, but Loss, followed by Tahs and Reds at home for two more wins, unfortunately Highlanders will destroy you, but you will be stronger for it and defeat the Jaguares at home followed by a home loss to Crusaders, win v Rebels, Loss v Lions, Wins v Bulls and Sunwolves, losses v Hurricanes and Chiefs, and a season finale win v Tahs. Put me down for 10 Wins this season to Brumbies. Go Brumbies

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Anyone think that Drew Mitchell can convince Matt Giteau to play for the Brumbies in the 10s. Exemption from Suntory pending.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tell me why Drew Mitchell would have any interest in Giteau playing for the Brumbies, and why the Brumbies would have any interest in Giteau? Mitchell has never to my knowledge been a recruitment agent for the Brumbies, and Matt G would seem to have lost his one true supporter with the full time move of Larkham to the Wallabies.

T

TOCC

Because they're good mates and he is the type of bloke that would think it would be a fun idea to have one of his good mates to fill one of the others teams marquee positions, i certainly dont think the Brumbies would say no if Giteau offered his services. Can't see it occurring though, he probably has contractural liabilities.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
After his last stint here, most Brumbies' fans would probably agree that he has liabilities, though not necessarily of the contractual type.

Status
Not open for further replies.