• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I've heard leo tearing it up in England anyone heard anything?

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So random thought, what do we (Brumbies) need to do to get Godwin playing how we all expected him to do... I mean at one stage he looked like a main stay in the Wallabies as a 10/12.. Now I believe most people would take just about any other inside center in his place at Brumbies level let alone Wallabies... His still young (25).. I think he may struggle to get a game next year with Leo back.. and lots of people wanting us to sign Meakes..

But there must be a way to bring that talent out of him..

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The current issues around signing extra players is that there is no clarity on if the salary cap will be increased or some sort of financial arrangement to take on extra players.

Laurie suggested that if anyone was to be signed, it would be a midfield player or outside back.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Just doesn't seem to have the pace or ability to take the line on to play 10 or 12 at Super Rugby level. Maybe convert him to a No 7?

Just Pace ? I think his quick enough theres something in the ear's not working for the kid.. and ability we all talked of him being amazing.. His not a 7 and wont ever beat the boys there... Maybe his just not up to it..

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think he's just a solid player who will never be a world beater.

He's a very good defender but doesn't have the attacking creativity or brute force to be consistently strong in attack.

He had one season at the Force where everything clicked for him and he looked really good and then he got injured.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Godwin is a solid link man who shouldn't have too much responsibility put on his shoulders. He's never a defensive liability, and he works well in a disciplined attacking line. Basically, surround him with talent and creativity and let him be the steady hand.
I like him and I want him in and around the first fifteen. However, I'm starting to believe that we're more likely to see Hawera retain the 10 jersey and Lilo slotting in at 12.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Balls...

Any word on the referee from that game over the incident?

For neglecting to stop play in a timely manner, he's doing next season in the Pitcairn Island comp.

Didn't see the whole match, but not stopping play was unforgivable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For neglecting to stop play in a timely manner, he's doing next season in the Pitcairn Island comp.

Didn't see the whole match, but not stopping play was unforgivable.

And then threatening to kick the medic off the field......... absolutely disgusting.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
And then threatening to kick the medic off the field... absolutely disgusting.

Can he actually kick a member of medical staff from the field? Would love to know the rules for this.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Should tweet the footage to Nigel Owens or Jonathan Kaplan for a comment. Really make a scene about it

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Can he actually kick a member of medical staff from the field? Would love to know the rules for this.

6.A.5 Entering or Leaving the Playing Area - Authorised medically trained persons may enter the playing area during the match to attend to injured players. They must only enter the playing area if it is safe to do so.

Last phrase probably gives him the right (that's not to say he should)

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
6.A.5 Entering or Leaving the Playing Area - Authorised medically trained persons may enter the playing area during the match to attend to injured players. They must only enter the playing area if it is safe to do so.
Last phrase probably gives him the right (that's not to say he should)

Good find. But, can the Ref boot them from the field? Perhaps he declared it a safety issue?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Godwin is a solid link man who shouldn't have too much responsibility put on his shoulders. He's never a defensive liability, and he works well in a disciplined attacking line. Basically, surround him with talent and creativity and let him be the steady hand.
I like him and I want him in and around the first fifteen. However, I'm starting to believe that we're more likely to see Hawera retain the 10 jersey and Lilo slotting in at 12.

Based on that criteria I am pretty sure Ala'alatoa or Sio could fit the bill at centre. The reality is Godwin is very sound defensively but provides little in attack other than another pair of hands to go through. When he is not missing his metre stats are that good, he avoids going in to contact at the line so never challenges so is easy to defend against essentially freeing up the opposition defender In general he will kick and pass before anything else. He really provides very little.

I am with Brumby runner and think with his build and defensive abilities his best option going forward would be in a 7 role as beyond that where do you play a primarily defensive player?

IMHO if the Brumbies sign another strong centre player and pick on form we may not see Godwin get a game at all in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.