• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v British & Irish Lions Tuesday 18 June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well done Brumbies! Absolutely rapt for you, that'll shut the Lions rabble up for a bit. On a side note, where is Kimlin off to next season?

Grenoble.........

I'm hoping for a xmas miracle and we can somehow get him to stay.......

Please Santa? Or Satan?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well done Brumbies! Absolutely rapt for you, that'll shut the Lions rabble up for a bit. On a side note, where is Kimlin off to next season?

France.. But by god we should keep noodles.. he didnt drop anything tonight and that proves his better

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Would anyone say with confidence JOC (James O'Connor) is better than To'omua for the game plan Deans is going to play?

The only difference is JOC (James O'Connor) has the experience, but damn if I don't think To'omua might shade him for ability to run a backline

Absolutely. I have been told time and time again that he was the best of the best out of QLD GPS (schoolboy rugby) backs from 05-08. Included the likes of Pocock, Cooper, JOC (James O'Connor) etc. etc.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Awesome effort. Was going to single out some players but that would be wrong, what a superb effort, especially the last 20 to hang in there.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well done Brumbies. You deserved better than a midweek fixture.

Fuckin boring game tough.

Really??? You dont like rugby then.. Brumbies came out like a fire and put it to the best players from the north.. they subbed came back like a train.. brumbies frought there gutts out.. if you didnt like it you dont know the sport it's not about great moves.. fast backs it;s about Kilmen fighting every lineout .. winnign when we needed too.. the Scrum getting shunted then holding it when we wanted it... Fardy stealing a ball like david pocock.. if you think that game was boring go watch league

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
and im sorry we kicked our goals we had the lions by the short and curlies.. not the first team but not ours either

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Absolutely. I have been told time and time again that he was the best of the best out of QLD GPS (schoolboy rugby) backs from 05-08. Included the likes of Pocock, Cooper, JOC (James O'Connor) etc. etc.

Interesting, I would tend to agree that he just shaded those mentioned above, then again Pocock was also an inside centre so perhaps that's a harsh comparison..

To be honest back then I thought he would have to be in green and gold before Cooper and JOC (James O'Connor) but for some reason or another his development hit a bump after high school. He booked his ticket on the EOYT tonight and I have no doubt we will see him in Aus colours soon enough.

On another note, Kudriani was massive in defence, to be fair his try was assisted by some awful defending. It will be interesting to see if Jake will try to find room for McCabe.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I don't think JP made it on the field?

Ruan scrummaged ok for a rookie up against such a high level of opposition, and again seemed to get involved around the field...

Was definitely shown up at scrumtime though when the Lions brought on the reinforcements in the second half...

Overall though not a bad effort...

I was more than satisfied with the front row against the initial Lions' three. I thought they achieved at least parity, and certainly were not dominated. The Lions' replacement front row played for the final 20 minutes and the Brumbies' props stayed on for the whole 80 minutes. So their effort against what could be a large part of the Lions' test front row who came on fresh was extremely commendable and included enough pressure to force a critical turnover near the end. Scott Sio should be on the Wallabies bench, while I think all three will be stars in the near future.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
I believe I said this

Makes a mockery of the whole selection process. Retired international playing in japan gets selected, wtf? Bit of an insult to Visser, Brown, Earls, blimey even Ashton

What a mad back line. Hogg’s second match at fly half, Barritt at 13, Wade only just capped by England, Kearney just back from injury and then Shane stopping by for a run out before he goes on to commentate next weekend.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
I was really impressed by the Brumbies last night. That 2nd string outfit showed the guts, grit and determination that has been absent from Australian Rugby in recent times.

Kudos to the Brumbies and Kudos to Jake White. You're a legend!!

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Using the excuse it was the lions B team to me is rubbish and no credit to the young (internationaly Uncapped) Brumbies that you also can call the B team. It just show the depth coming through the brumbies franchise and Whites coaching skills.

Said before in a post that mogg said a big FU to deans. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.