• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Crusaders Rd 18 Sat 13 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Memo to Bernie Larkham. If it wasn't obvious that Nadolo was going to have a huge impact on this game and that putting a midget (almost) Robbie Coleman on him in defense was going to lead to disappointment, then I am a better judge of the game than you. Why have a player who is 30kg dripping wet matching up against a 130kg bull dozer (who incidentally has many other skills beyond just trucking it up)/ It was a disaster waiting to happen, and it did.

I am getting very tired of people talking Robbie up for his undoubted valour but he is just deficient as far as a Super rugby player is concerned. Size matters, and he doesn't have any.

On the game itself, the Crusaders were pretty much at full strength and played a terrfic game. One that would have beaten most teams today. I am sgtill confident that the Brumbies can overcome the Stormers next week (with the rider that Robbie Coleman is no closer to the action than on the bench).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not intended as a slight on your blokes & I don't begrudge them making the six, just pointing out how we came to being a 4th NZ side in the playoffs.

No begrudge taken........... ;)

The 'saders certainly looked like a finals quality team for much of the year, but the NZ conference is exceptionally strong.

They're now the Brumbies bogey team having been unbeaten by them since 2009.

D

daz

After Stirzaker's shocker last night I reckon Cheika is seriously considering only taking Phipps and Genia to the RWC.

Calling out the qwerty troll, because if Cheika only chose players who had never had a bad game in the Oz conference this year, there would be no Wallabies team this year, or any year.

D

daz

Cheers Brumbies. Tahs game doesn't even matter. Brumbies just suck at last round games and never learn.

Do you ever say anything that isn't a troll, or are you just a natural "glass half empty" miserable prick?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Calling out the qwerty troll, because if Cheika only chose players who had never had a bad game in the Oz conference this year, there would be no Wallabies team this year, or any year.

Nah but recency bias is a real thing.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
uploadfromtaptalk1434184716433.jpg

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Pocock failed the half time concussion test and will need to follow the return to play protocols before next week - He didn't look to flash at the end of the game though.

Henry Speight copped a stinger trying to tackle Nadolo and may have tweaked his ankle again.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Brumby Jack said:
Pocock failed the half time concussion test and will need to follow the return to play protocols before next week - He didn't look to flash at the end of the game though.

Henry Speight copped a stinger trying to tackle Nadolo and may have tweaked his ankle again.
I'd call that a stink face

Sent from my D6503 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Facts don't matter do they @Charger. Brumbies beat the Highlanders. But of course that isn't in the class of the Force who had three wins against teams above them. Oh hang on. All teams finished above the Force.;)
I got that fact from the Rugby Club on Thursday night. Last time I trust those arse clowns.

But the sentiment remains. The Brumbies are only in the finals due to how weak the Australian conference has been this year. They've snuck in by bashing up the also rans of the Aussie conference. Including my team, the Force as you graciously pointed out.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I got that fact from the Rugby Club on Thursday night. Last time I trust those arse clowns.

But the sentiment remains. The Brumbies are only in the finals due to how weak the Australian conference has been this year. They've snuck in by bashing up the also rans of the Aussie conference. Including my team, the Force as you graciously pointed out.

The brumbies got to the finals by having the best defense in the mutha fucking competition. Sorry for swearing but I find it so lame that you would deride an Australian team making the finals by saying they did it on the back of a weak Australian conference. That's not the brumbies fault. They did their best and it was enough.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Don't be so hard on the Aus conference. It is stronger this year than the Saffas.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Don't get me wrong, I love all the Aussie teams. How could you not, they're filled with Wallabies I will be supporting in 6 weeks time. If two Aussie teams that one isn't the Force are playing, I always end up going for the team trying to play the most positive rugby.

But you have to be honest with yourself. I'll be screaming my guts out for the Brumbies next week as I sit up through the night to support them. But on current form they're bridesmaids and have made it on the back of a weak conference.

But I do agree the SA one is weaker.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looking to make a whisky sour no doubt.

"The whiskey sour is a mixed drink containing whiskey, lemon juice, sugar, and optionally, a dash of egg white. With the egg white, it is sometimes called a Boston Sour. It is shaken and served either straight up or over ice. Wikipedia"

Seriously, whodafuck thought it'd be a good idea to do that to whiskey? Even Scotch ('cos as we all know there's only one true uisge beatha [water of life] & it ain't from Scortl'nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom