• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Crusaders Rd 18 Sat 13 June

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Looking to make a whisky sour no doubt.
Good luck in the finals. Just think as pressure mounts teams are shrinking into their shells and playing the type of game we have got lambasted for the whole season. Hope the rolling maul takes you where you want.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Stormers will be happy to get the Brumbies on Newlands next week. If we win, happy to get the Tahs in Sydney. Aussie dream to continue!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The brumbies got to the finals by having the best defense in the mutha fucking competition. Sorry for swearing but I find it so lame that you would deride an Australian team making the finals by saying they did it on the back of a weak Australian conference. That's not the brumbies fault. They did their best and it was enough.

The Force made the Aus conference competitive. The beat the Tahs twice and the Rebels. The Blues gifted wins to the rest of the NZ teams. 0/8

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Took the words out of my mouth. They've put out a side that they're expecting to lose. So the Stormers will be 7th. Wouldn't be a joke at all!
If they played in the Aussie conferense they would have topped the log. By far the easy one.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^ ummm, you (Aus & SA) get one each by right, on this occasion a second Aus team made it in by one comp point...... I wouldn't be getting too in @Paarl's face over that, could easily have been 2 x Seth teams in the six (or one of each & four x NZ)

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Good luck in the finals. Just think as pressure mounts teams are shrinking into their shells and playing the type of game we have got lambasted for the whole season. Hope the rolling maul takes you where you want.

The Force got lambasted by losing. Last season they played a similar game plan but were successful, no one complained. Make no mistake though, if you play boring rugby and lose you won't have many admirers besides the die hards.

I'm so sorry that being snide towards other teams is the only joy super rugby brought you this season.

M

Moono75

The Force got lambasted by losing. Last season they played a similar game plan but were successful, no one complained. Make no mistake though, if you play boring rugby and lose you won't have many admirers besides the die hards.

I'm so sorry that being snide towards other teams is the only joy super rugby brought you this season.

so the Brumbies played boring and lost tonight. I guess you proved your own theory.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Uh, back to the game.....

Mogg, White, and Coleman were fucking terrible.

Why was Coleman, the smallest player on the field, going as high on Nadolo as he could at every opportunity?

2 fucking tries directly from his shit technique. Has to be dragged for To'omua next week, and while we're at it, Dargaville can replace Mogg.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Uh, back to the game...

Mogg, White, and Coleman were fucking terrible.

Why was Coleman, the smallest player on the field, going as high on Nadolo as he could at every opportunity?

2 fucking tries directly from his shit technique. Has to be dragged for To'omua next week, and while we're at it, Dargaville can replace Mogg.

Maybe because one of the biggest problems for defenders with Nadolo is the same as SBW, he offloads very well, especially when the Saders have used him running in the centres. He usually tackles low so maybe some thought as to why the change before the slagging off a usually good reliable player. It is not as if Coleman's defence usually resembles Beale is it.

As for Mogg, is he just playing as he is told and kicking most ball away? His running game has never recovered the zip and penetration he showed early last year and the year before, as it stands he is barely super level in his play.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Congrats to the Crusaders and sending off Carter and McCaw with a win . 2 oc the greatest players of the modern game... Both absolute champs...
Syormers will be tough i hope To'omua can start... I think the stormers will remember their last close meeting and be worried, the pressure is on them not the Brums... Go gettem boys and come back and do the Tahs in Sydney..

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Question.

Piper played an advantage for offside or something. It was a penalty to the crusaders. Then the brumbies knocked on the ball after the crusaders kicked it. He continued to play advantage for the knock on. Then hoes back to the penalty advantage. How the hell can he play a new advantage and then go back to an old one?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I don't think any team could beat the crusaders atm anyway. On fire! Piper missed some obvious stuff that didn't help but jeez the savers finished this year strong. Brumbies in a great position to take it out this year.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Win, and the Ponies may play in NZ. Lose, and they risk having to travel to Cape Town. One would think that'd be a massive motivation to pull a win out of their collective Khybers. Disappointing result, very disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.