• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies V Force Round 1 - 2012R01

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi

Frank Nicholson (4)
I like the Brumbies bench

I hope Zack Holmes gets his chance and shows why the Brumbies rate him

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So, it turns out Cam Shepherd has simply been dropped for this match...

Regardless, I would assume Japan or Europe aren't too far away for him?

T

tranquility

Your kidding? That unbelievable.
The team looks much weaker without him in the side in my opinion.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Scratch that...

He does have a slight leg strain.

I wouldn't of thought Graham would be that mad...

M

Moono75

Scratch that...

He does have a slight leg strain.

I wouldn't of thought Graham would be that mad...
Sheps sitting this one out, were saving him for the big game next week. On his day he is a great talent, as good as anyone....but shit he's as brittle as a violet crumble left in the freezer too long. Shep take some fish oil tablets mate...get those bones strong and healthy.

T

tranquility

As long as he can stay healthy he shouldn't go anywhere, an absolute game changer and one of the biggest punters of the pigskin in the land.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Way to many Brumby fans here :x

Here is my completely unbiased ratings of the two teams facing each other:

Alexander v Cowen - Adv Brumbies
Moore v Charles - Adv Brumbies
Palmer v Ma'afu - Even (Palmer is better at the set piece, Ma'afu moves around a bit more)
Power v Lynn - Adv Force - Who on earth is Power? Lynn a least has some Super rugby experience
Carter v Sharpe - Adv Force
Kimlin v Hodgson - Adv Force (both play a very different style, just think that Hodgson has more impact)
Vaea v Pocock - Adv Force
Mowen v McCalman - Adv Force
White v Sheehan - even
To'omua v Stannard - adv Brumbies
Mogg v Nalaga - adv Force
Lealiifano v Sidey - adv Brumbies
Smith v Stanley - adv Force
Speight v Cummins - adv Force
Coleman v Mafi - adv Brumbies

Hegarty v Taione - even
Murphy v Longbum - adv Force
Fardy v Battye - adv Force
Hooper v Cottrell - adv Brumbies
Prior v Turner - adv Force
Holmse v Seymour - adv Brumbies
Tomane v Wara - even? Who are these guys (Wara was a tourist over the off season with the Force, I didnt know he had a contract)

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
You're kidding, right? 'Fano has it all over Sidey...a journeyman hack of a super player. Speight and Cummins would be almost even going on late Super form from last year. Stanley has it over Smith, who's never impressed in Brumbies colours. Both White an Prior have it over thir Force counterparts.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
You're kidding, right? 'Fano has it all over Sidey...a journeyman hack of a super player. Speight and Cummins would be almost even going on late Super form from last year. Stanley has it over Smith, who's never impressed in Brumbies colours. Both White an Prior have it over thir Force counterparts.

Cummins>speight. But I agree with all the other stuff you said.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Lilo probably has it over Sidey, neither are overly impressive, so swap the centre calls.
Before Turner's injury he was ahead of White. Id have him ahead of Prior. And Sheehan isnt actually a bad halfback, he has loads of mongrel about him. White is a player of the future but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves will we. I call even and Ill stick to it.
Im sticking with Cullet over Speight.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Well done to Cottrell, hope he fires when given the opportunity to get on the field. Great to see a bloke who didn't go through the recognised pathways getting a dig.

Wallatahs

Allen Oxlade (6)
Tomane v Wara - even? Who are these guys (Wara was a tourist over the off season with the Force, I didnt know he had a contract)
As an NRL fan, I can't wait to see Tomane get a run - can play 11 through to 15 (apparently)

M

Moono75

All well and good to make those direct player for player comprisons (especillay the bench players) but that isn't the way it's going to eventuate in the game. You may have Brumbies bench players having to come on to play against the starting 15 Force player, comparison goes out the window then (& vice versa).

Both teams have a lot of unknowns, coaching and being able to perform on the big stage will play there part.

T

tranquility

Turner is an absolute star, and was well and truly ahead of White before his injury.
Both of those players are the blokes who will fight it out for Genia's backup in my opinion.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Turner is an absolute star, and was well and truly ahead of White before his injury.
Both of those players are the blokes who will fight it out for Genia's backup in my opinion.

And after watching Turner up against Genia last week there is light years between them (including white)

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Turners first game back after a year off and you are upset he didnt match the best halfback in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.