• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies V Force Round 1 - 2012R01

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Turners first game back after a year off and you are upset he didnt match the best halfback in the world?
I never said i was upset...just stating the difference in class from the best half back in aus (world) and the next contenders. I mean come on genia stole a ball from between turner legs at the base of a scrum lol he and white have a long was to go.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Alfie Mafi at 15 scares me. In fact pretty much anyone but Shep in the whole squad at 15 scares me. The few times Alfie dropped into 15 last year he looked decidedly shaky.

I think overall it will be another year of heartbreak for the Force. Pocock, Sharpe and Hodgson will be brilliant and grind out a few close wins for us, but I just can't see how we will score enough points to be competitive. But I will pick them to win on the back of a strong start. The Force started against the Reds like demons last year and I think they can do it again,

I really think the Brums have an exciting young backline, Lilo, To'omua, Speight and McCabe. The future will be bright for the Brums in 2 or 3 years if they can build a good pack around Ben Mowen.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Oh....and I bought a new shirt the other week. I think I might wear it instead of the Force jersey tomorrow. It gives off good vibes....

MyLittlePony.jpg

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
What about a certain someone who was not even selected for a Australia A side, let alone the Wallabies?

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Well, it's finally the day Super Rugby starts. Hooray!

To all the other Australian franchises, just wanted to let you know I will be supporting you in every game except when you play the Brumbies. When you play each other I will be an interested spectator.

However, for the duration of the season I reserve the right to be completely one-eyed, overly optimistic about the Brumbies chances, and dismissive of any and all opposition including other Australian teams (apart of course, for when the Wallabies play, when I will include them in my one-eyed optimism).

Of course, if my hopes are (yet again) crushed, I also reserve the right to fluctuate between inconsolable and/or angry as the occasion demands.

So, until 7.40pm, good luck to the Force for this year. After that, goozi-maggots to you for 90 minutes or so.

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
Interesting backrow for the Brumbies - White clearly doesn't care as much for balance as he does sheer size. A lot like the 07 Boks where the smallest forward was Burger.

Are guys like Hooper and Fainga'a gonna struggle to develop under that sort of game plan?

brumsfan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hooper and Fainga'a will benefit and develop from the professional set up that is now in place. But if big is best (which all Jakes quotes suggest) then they sadly will only play minor roles off the bench, or when injuries come to Vaea or Fotu. I believe this would be a real waste, particularly with hooper, as he is one of the stars of the future, the best athlete, fastest forward and only true fetcher in the team, and off contract this year.
Good luck to Brumbies for tonight, lets have a great start.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Everyone has gone quite...

I think there are lot of nerves between these 2 teams fans not knowing what to expect from there teams tonight.

Good luck to night everyone may the best team (Force) win lol JJ

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It really is a case of 'wait and see'.
I've been a Brumbies fan for years and you normally know what's going to happen. But with such a high turnover of players, and Jake White has also said this, you just don't know what's going to happen.

It could be a surprise, but even if they lose this first match, I don't think it's cause to give up on them already.

The Force are a bit the same, with many injured players and new faces from the EPS involved - mostly off the bench.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Force have never won a season opener. We have a pretty good record in Canberra though. I think if it was the third or fourth game of the season, we'd win it, but our handling and defence won't be sharp enough to win this one.

M

Moono75

Yes good luck to all teams. Enjoying my Friday off work and will be off to rendezous with some cold beers in 2 hours for the opening act in the Super Rugby opera for 2012. Main act to follow with the Force game. Feeling nervous to see how the team comes together and as Forcefield points out it would be nice to win our opening game for a change....come on Force lets shake up the status quo. I'm tipping Nalaga 2 tries :)

Good luck Mudskipper. GO THE FORCE!!

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
White could be that goal kicker that the Wallabies have been looking for, getting him in the team is the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom