• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Rebels, Round 10 @ GIO stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Any recommendations from our Canberra brothers and sisters on a good place to go for a beer pre-game?

Don't say Sydney!
I don't mind the pub at the Uni of Canberra, they do craft beer and also 1 litre beers.. Can't remember there name though, then it's just a quick walk over to the game.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I posted it from the release and also saw them training in those positions although don't be surprised if they mix it up.

They're just numbers after all.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The link I posted from the Canberra Times also states clearly in the article

"...while Henry Speight will shift into the No. 12 jersey, but will share fullback responsibilities with Robbie Coleman."

what the hell is going on?

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Any recommendations from our Canberra brothers and sisters on a good place to go for a beer pre-game?

Don't say Sydney!
Zierholtz Brewery at Uni of Canberra and the bar outside the stadium on the western side will be back for Saturdays game. Beer, schnapps, cider and food. That's where we'll be :)

Happy

Alex Ross (28)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
daz,

Benstpoke in Braddon is a great new brewery pub. You can probably grab a bus into the game from around there too..........

Wig & Pen has moved into Llwelyn Hall at ANU School of Music............. it's quite out of the way and when I tried to go there after the Cheetahs game they'd called last drinks before 9.50pm............ :mad:

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The link I posted from the Canberra Times also states clearly in the article

".while Henry Speight will shift into the No. 12 jersey, but will share fullback responsibilities with Robbie Coleman."

what the hell is going on?

Crimes have just got it wrong......,.

As BJ said, Speight may slide into there but the Brumbies press release and team sheet clearly has Ah Wong wearing 12 this weekend.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
On the bright side Lilo at 10. Fingers crossed we will see some of that 2012(?) form.
Yep 2012 Lilo was killing it at 10 and looked the goods, till that fat traitor bastard AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (tongue in cheek) fell on his ankle..

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Rebels side unchanged for the match.

Surprised Dom didn't get a look in, but these things happen.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
geez, TT must hate the Irish as much as they hate him. good to see Jordy get another go, both from the Rebels and the Melbourne Uni point of view.

edit: according to Rebels website, Sexton not Whittaker as reserve, FB/Twitter wrong ? who would believe it !

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yep 2012 Lilo was killing it at 10 and looked the goods, till that fat traitor bastard AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (tongue in cheek) fell on his ankle..

I'm pretty sure if you went back to a video of the incident, Leali'ifano breaks his ankle colliding with another Brumbies player making a tackle (from memory I thought it was Andrew Smith)... well after the 80 minute hooter... in a game they'd already won comfortably... with no prospect of a four try bonus point.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm pretty sure if you went back to a video of the incident, Leali'ifano breaks his ankle colliding with another Brumbies player making a tackle (from memory I thought it was Andrew Smith)... well after the 80 minute hooter. in a game they'd already won comfortably... with no prospect of a four try bonus point.

Yeah I went and found the reply, it was a tackle on Betham and Andrew Smith fell onto his leg as he fell off the tackle..

I still blame AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) :p

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm pretty sure if you went back to a video of the incident, Leali'ifano breaks his ankle colliding with another Brumbies player making a tackle (from memory I thought it was Andrew Smith)... well after the 80 minute hooter. in a game they'd already won comfortably... with no prospect of a four try bonus point.

Spot on. It was literally the last play. They collided trying to tackle one of the Tahs, who knocked it on in the next tackle and the game was up.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

Don't say Sydney!

Probably a bit late to get a booking on the free bus to and from the game, but Benny & Fard's place the Dock @ Kingston isn't too bad.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
daz,

Benstpoke in Braddon is a great new brewery pub. You can probably grab a bus into the game from around there too....

Wig & Pen has moved into Llwelyn Hall at ANU School of Music..... it's quite out of the way and when I tried to go there after the Cheetahs game they'd called last drinks before 9.50pm.... :mad:

Bentspoke is good and I understand it is the new location of the brewer from Wig and Pen. It is only about 100m to Debacle where there is apparently a free bus to the game, but maybe only for Debacle patrons.

BTW, have any of our Sydney/Melbourne (in particular) friends caught up with the Canberra barista who just won the World Barista Championship in Seattle? No more sly digs at Canberra not having class coffee facilities.:)

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
BTW, have any of our Sydney/Melbourne (in particular) friends caught up with the Canberra barista who just won the World Barista Championship in Seattle? No more sly digs at Canberra not having class coffee facilities.:)

Hopefully this is the only bragging you will be doing this week

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Hopefully this is the only bragging you will be doing this week

Yeah, wont be a problem. Between church and catching up on games on Sunday and your sad long trip home we can wait until Monday to start the banter! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.