• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Rebels, Round 10 @ GIO stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Should be a tense encounter ....I'll watch it for the match ups- should be interesting , in particular .... The forwards battle
Fardy vs MacMahon
Carter & Arnold vs Jones & Timani
Butler vs Higgers
Moore vs all comers
Christian Dior vs Jack Daniels
English needs a big one ...as does Neville (off the bench)
If Speight and Tomane get good service look out .
Rebels by 3 ...think i'll go back to trading the A$ as it looks easier to pick than this match .

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
Christian Dior vs Jack Daniels

As a girl I feel obliged to say Dior will tear it up in this one, but my gut says Daniels will win hands down, causing a lot of headaches the morning after.

Not great news about White being out, but a good opportunity for both Dowsett and Powell, especially with no set first no. 9 yet for next year. I'd love to see Dowestt have a blinder, I definitely think he has it in him. Also wasn't Powell in the Aust u20's? So he's not short on ability, just have to see how he stands up in the "big leagues".

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I thought Powell outplayed Dowsett in the NRC but it may have been because he was always playing against tired legs.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Don't forget fireworks and sub zero temperatures. Oh, and the place is full of Politicians.

D

daz

In the car at 6am tomorrow for the trip up. I'd take in the sights and attractions on the way, but once you get past Rutherglen, there isn't any.

Maybe I'll take a photo of the 1/4 full Hume Weir if I'm really bored.

:p

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Anyway,

It's going to rain and has been all of today so won't be expecting much of a spectacle, similar to the Brumbies v Shorks game last year.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
daz, there is also apparently some amazing canine sitting on a luncheon container, quite close (about 19 km or so) to Gundagai. i believe its a not to be missed attraction and well worth making the detour.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Naivalu with a cracking try thanks to a Stirzacker break off a scrum. Along with a couple of penalties, the Rebels are up 13 - 0 with about 3 minutes to half time.

Lilo won't make the Wallabies squad on this performance.

Brumbies scrum also being done over. Looks like a long night for the Brumbies so far if the second half is like the first.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Naivalu with a cracking try thanks to a Stirzacker break off a scrum. Along with a couple of penalties, the Rebels are up 13 - 0 with about 3 minutes to half time.

Lilo won't make the Wallabies squad on this performance.

Brumbies scrum also being done over. Looks like a long night for the Brumbies so far if the second half is like the first.
And guess who got first tryscorer.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Can someone tell JP Smith that it's the TH Prop who's supposed to be the fucking pot plant. In one word, ineffectual.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
JP Smith is a fraction of the player that Sio is.

Speight in out wide after the half time hooter. 18 or more phases on the Rebels line and eventually they were caught short by some hurried passes. A loopy pass that bounced a couple of times will found Speight with an eon of time.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Stirzacker charged Lilo's kick, and it just misses the post. 13 - 5 at half time, Brumbies maybe lucky with that scoreline but they're still in it without a doubt. Anything can happen in the second half but the Brumbies will need to be way better.

If their was one weakness with the Brumbies pre-season you'd say it was depth, and it is really showing tonight.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Raining.

With no To'omua and no White, the Brumbies kicking is pedestrian.

Debreszeni keeping them pinned in their own half, regardless of possession.

A soft penalty off a Dowsett bomb 25m from their own line gives Harris a chance at another penalty.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Harris misses his second penalty.

Rebels still up 13- 5. Looks like an unpleasant night in Canberra with the rain coming down.

Both teams are more interested in forcings back so far in the second half, understandable given the conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.