• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Reds rd1 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Links has obviously decided that this weekends game is a shoe-in for the Reds and to rest 'Big Kev' for the Waratahs game.
On the 'Big Kev' tag, I know he's had that one for years but apparently he has emerged (well he had emerged) from team Rehab with a new nickname; Wreck-It Ralph!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
On the 'Big Kev' tag, I know he's had that one for years but apparently he has emerged (well he had emerged) from team Rehab with a new nickname; Wreck-It Ralph!

wreck-it-ralph-box-office.jpg

James+Horwill+2011+Super+Rugby+Grand+Final+YnuG36n5a69l.jpg

Resemblance is uncanny.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I think the brumbies will win this. Really looking forward to watching lealiifano again, hope he can be as influential as last year.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Apparently according to Jake White, Horwill will be playing on Sat night. Well, he'd know!

But White dismissed the Test lock's early withdrawal as "mind-games", and predicted Queensland would be near full strength with Anthony Fainga'a to also overcome a hand injury.
"They'll play, they'll all be in," the 2007 World Cup-winning South African coach said.
"Last year they said that Quade Cooper got injured in the hotel and wasn't going to run out and then he ended up playing the whole game (won 13-12 by the Reds in Canberra).

"At the end of the day it's all mind games now - that's the way the Reds operate.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...per-rugby-opener/story-fn8t7efs-1226576038625

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I'd say it's actually Jake White who is playing the mind games - but by doing this I don't know what he's achieving.
If he's right, so what. If he's wrong, also so what.
Maybe he's just doing a media beat up to draw bigger crowds.
I can see in the not too distant future, a requirement for any intending A Grade football coach to obtain a degree in Sports communication/media relations.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
This will be a low score affair, final scores close, repeat of the last game.
Defences to overpower attack, barr the one-off try due to luck/individual stuff up.
Penalty kicks may be decisive.
Hope I am wrong (doesn't happen too often though ;) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.