• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Reds Super Rugby round 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I would assume Nic White would be starting, in which case...

White > Genia

And this Chris F'Sautia is already better than Robbie Coleman (or Kuridrani, who would be the better comparison)?

You Queenslanders...

Ahhh Slim, there is a fine line between baiting and just coming over completely ignorant. Congrats, you just flew past that line.

The sad thing is I think most people recognise White as a quality player. I'd say he's now surpassed Phipps as the back up half for the wallabies. But I'd suggest he is still the back up. Genia's form this season has been patchy, but like sex even when its bad, its still pretty bloody good. Moreso, when its good (as in the last couple of weeks) its bloody fantastic.

Random posts with no reasoning such as "White > Genia", which seem to be your calling card, really does no credit to White the player (make an argument for christ sake. Why is he better? Because he's a brumby? Because he can boot the ball? Why?), the Brumbies (who again, most people recognise are playing fantastic footy) nor yourself (sorry, can't justify anything here. I believe you offer very little as a contributor to this site).

Country Kid

Chris McKivat (8)
Could we all be happy with a score line of Bumbies 28 Reds 28? Both teams score four tries.

Comp points: 3 each

Allsports

Stan Wickham (3)
Come on all White V Genia really.... lets just hope for Aus Rugby that both these young men play well & both come out unscaved of any injury before the upcoming tests as I believe we'll need both of them

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Settle down fellas. This forum has been a good and civil place this season even with the derbies and off field controversy. Let the passion flow but surely we can skip the hand bags at ten paces crap.

I know how I want this game to go but the reality is it could be anything. there is like a bees willy between these two sides.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
the amount of work he would have to do in that channel would be a lot more then normal not sure how he would go prefer digby to go there with morahan on the wing and quade at 15
I dont think the higher workload would be harder, at least you know where the work is coming from.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I would assume Nic White would be starting, in which case...

White > Genia

And this Chris F'Sautia is already better than Robbie Coleman (or Kuridrani, who would be the better comparison)?

You Queenslanders...

And why not CFS better than Coleman or Kuridrani. He was outstanding in the Queensland 'B' team games and is obviously a champion player.
It's not a matter of if he wears Wallaby gold, but when. Ioane already is moving into out centre to make way for him on the wing in the Reds.

We have to start them early up here Slim, because before long they get poached by the other franchises.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
And why not CFS better than Coleman or Kuridrani. He was outstanding in the Queensland 'B' team games and is obviously a champion player.
It's not a matter of if he wears Wallaby gold, but when. Ioane already is moving into out centre to make way for him on the wing in the Reds.

We have to start them early up here Slim, because before long they get poached by the other franchises.

Ok Emu, I let your other post through to the keeper (which happened to be Slim), but lets not heap expectations on CFS. Sure, the kid looks like he will be a good player, but Coleman has been a good performer for the Brumbies for the past couple of seasons.

Let CFS develop in his own time. When he has more experience under his belt, and has fully grown into his body, then we will be able to make a more accurate judgement of him.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ioane already is moving into out centre to make way for him on the wing in the Reds.
Only after someone has been benched though.
With Taps (when fit)and Fainga'a both needing to be fitted into the team due to Harris being a kicker and playing at centre I dont see Ioane moving in a spot. We also have Lucas and Morahan to play 15 and be a super sub for a number of positions.

I like the look of CFS but would struggle to fit him into the Reds if all players are fit and availiable, even on the bench. I think this was the first game with 3 backs on the bench so when things get back to normal we will need one less back on the bench.

slydare

Frank Nicholson (4)
I popped down to Ballymore yesterday arvo and watched them train for a while. The thin Twin and Lucas were both with the rehab group which is a bit of a worry.

It didn't look super serious so hopefully they're both fit and firing for the weekend. Ant especially...

Status
Not open for further replies.