• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Cheetahs Prelim 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Cheetahs

15 Hennie Daniller, 14 Willie le Roux, 13 Johann Sadie, 12 Robert Ebersohn, 11 Raymond Rhule, 10 Riaan Smit, 9 Piet van Zyl, 8 Philip van der Walt, 7 Lappies Labuschagne, 6 Heinrich Brüssow, 5 Rynhardt Landman, 4 Lodewyk de Jager, 3 Lourens Adriaanse, 2 Adriaan Strauss (captain), 1 Coenie Oosthuizen

Substitutes: 16 Ryno Barnes, 17 Trevor Nyakane, 18 Waltie Vermeulen, 19 Boom Prinsloo, 20 Sarel Pretorius, 21 Elgar Watts, 22 Rayno Benjamin

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Wheather/temperature/referee/day of the week/location of the snow line/ first or second scrum penalty - all meaningless if the players don't turn up on the day.
All in the head.
If they want it really bad, the Brumbies will win it.
If not, its curtains.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
I dont think its the players turning up we need to worry about - its the crowd. You can still buy tickets on halfway and its a day game - this crowd could be an embarrassment for Aus rugby. What givs Brumbies fans?

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Supposed to be about 12,000 tickets sold so far. Rubbish weather forecast combined with an opposition who traditionally aren't a big drawcard will keep the crowd under 20,000 I suspect

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yep I have my season ticket seat and about 8 others and I have to come from brisbane for it :) CARN BRUMBIES

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Interesting call to start with Rathbone over Tomane. Perhaps Clyde is considered a better defensive option? Or is he just there to sledge the Cheetahs in Afrikaans?

At least the UC students will be happy, they'll be able to unfurl the 'I have a Rathboner' banner again

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
I reckon the Brumbies will recover from last weekend's yips and win by at least 6. It will be a tough battle in the forwards but I think the teamwork there will be better after the disruption of the break for the Lions tour.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Perhaps Kevin Rudd has sent the fans to PNG?
If the weather aint too foul, should be a good game to watch.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I know we're spoiled up here in QLD with Suncorp and the weather so it's probably hard to imagine but it is quite staggering that a playoff hasn't sold out before the weekend!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I dont think its the players turning up we need to worry about - its the crowd. You can still buy tickets on halfway and its a day game - this crowd could be an embarrassment for Aus rugby. What givs Brumbies fans?

No full house for a playoff. Seriously that is pathetic.

^and people wonder why Canberra doesn't get test matches.

I know we're spoiled up here in QLD with Suncorp and the weather so it's probably hard to imagine but it is quite staggering that a playoff hasn't sold out before the weekend!

An embarassment............

Pathetic...........

Staggering...........

The hyperbole..........

Some of you guys might like to know that you can still get tickets to the Crusaders v Reds match.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom