• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Crusaders - R12

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Had the same feeling, and the crowd as well, lots of frustrated fans around.

The ref missed a lot of things for both sides.George Smith was living offside for much of the game. The Brumbies defence seemed to pushing the offside laws continually. As you said, a lot of frustrated fans, and I'll add on both sides.

The Brumbies were totally outclassed. Any attempt to insinuate they lost because off the reffing (not saying you are) is way off the mark.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
Well mate that's just bullshit. Its a competition of 15 provinces and not 3 countries. I respect that other rugby fans may have a different view. I support the Reds and am more than comfortable on cheering for the outcome that best suits them. If that don't apply I will take the underdog any day of the week. Sully above has nailed my reasons for taking the Saders and as said in my original post that it is nothing personal. My outlook changes when Australian players unite in a Wallaby jersey.

I would stereotype your bullshit on the basis of who you support but that would be an injustice to other supporters of that team. Rather I will stereotype you as the sort who jumps in front of the keyboard and strings two sentences of crap together that have not added any value to the forum.

good day to you sir and apologies to other members for disrupting the conversation at hand.
Very sorry for not adding any value to the forum.As you mention,other rugby fans may have a different view and I happen to be one of those.It may be that it's 15 provinces but I can't separate the fact they are from 3 different countries and I will continue to support ALL the Australian teams against the Kiwis and Saffers.Anyway,you got your wish but unfortunately your team could not take full advantage.
My comment also was not a personal attack on you(unlike yours to me)but just a comment on how much more parochial Reds supporters seem to be compared to others,be that good or bad.It was not meant to offend you in any way.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
A good game by the Crusaders. Class act.

Great post
eusa_whistle.gif

By far our best performance, even better than the Stormers win. Not the finished product but better work from forwards without the name Sam Whitelock or Matt Todd.

Ellis and Carter had the backs moving forward and far more direct. Fruean finally had a good game, may it continue. Dagg looked hungry off the bench and wouldn't be surprised if he comes off the bench again.

Brumbies looked indifferent early on, and either were a little shell shocked by the physicality of the early exchanges or were sitting back on their heels allowing the Saders to make yards and waiting for a mistake. Didn't look anything like the earlier rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.