• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Crusaders - R12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jims Mowen scores a consolation try for 7 points.

Is it too little too late.

Both teams going for a bonus point.

4 minutes left. 20 - 30 scoreline

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How did they not get up for this game, unbelievable.

I think that's a bit of an insult towards the Crusaders who were immense.........

But the Brumbies' forwards were not at their best today......... although George Smith, Sio and Mowen all played well..........

Sio's scrummagin is just tops.........

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Great game, from a Saders point of view. Brumbies did not start well - though their pilfers were very good in the 1st half. Saders defence was a stand out for mine & we started to get to the ruck a fraction quicker in the 2nd half.

Dan Carter was on fire with the boot too.

I still consider the Brumbies a real contender for the title. Saders need to string more games like this together.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
so often you see teams suddenly up their intensity a thousandfold when they look to be set to lose. Why, why did the Brumbies only start to play like they did in the 75th minute in the 75th minute?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought it had the intensity of a finals match there for a while.......

But the 'saders experienced players all came through for them........

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
one good thing from this game no matter who you follow

what a relief to be able to watch a game that is not simply a sideshow to a rock concert. except from the horse neigh at kickoff time, but best of all no f@#$ing Queen at any point in the game, god I hate them.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The Brumbies appeared very flat to me and their execution was generally and surprisingly poor, with passes going high and being the man and kicks poorly directed. Just such an average game from what we have come to expect from this side.

Apart from that I have only one real issue with the game. The first try came from a one of the Crusaders best peices of trained cheating you will see. The scrum is barely holding and Whitelock? breaks from the scrum, holding the jersey of Crocket with one hand doesn't count as being bound especially when you can tackle the opposition halfback (White) and prevent him from tackling his opposite or even being close to being in a a position to execute an attempt. The flow of the match was altered by that try i thought and really it (the offside) should have been picked up. I cannot wait for the hit to be removed from the scrum as I hope we will see the referees actually start to penalise offences at the scrum that don't involve all the issues that occur before the ball is put into the contest. As things stand now if the scrum satys up on the hit and the ball is presented the refs will ignore pretty much everything including a collapse if the ball is cleared, to my mind they simply do not want to have to risk another scrum being packed.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Enjoyed the game, personally though Mogg probably made it bloody hard for him to get into Wallabies, first real intense pressure he has been under this year, and he struggled a bit. Mostly though I thought the Saders tighties won the game for them, just look how Todd was able to operate with tight 5 on top, and I thought George Smith was less effective with his fatties struggling a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.