• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Waratahs Super Rugby-R4 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Nope. I'm not sure if Lindommer did. He was the one who suggested it.

I'm not sure what our group is doing after the game but we should make it to the Wig and Pen for a couple before the game.

Based on last year, I doubt they'd let you book a section. It's a pretty small bar and we had to queue for a few minutes last year to get in because it was full when we got there after the game.

My bad I couldn't have been bothered looking through the thread again.

I'll maybe see you in there before the game

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
What is Volavola like under the high ball?

Dropped his first one at training yesterday running at pace, but let's see how he goes.

He seems to be the kind of player who can take club form two levels up (in effect) into the Super arena without too many games under his belt. That's unusual; but his test will be sterner on Saturday.

PS - Cheika said that Horne would be available for selection next week.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Volavola will be busy tomorrow, I expect the ponies to work him.

Especially if we still have the no kicking as return rule still in place

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Well, if the Crusaders trial is any guide, Volavola can return those kicks with interest - he's got some range on that boot.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Ironic isn't it. After Jake criticised the Tahs as repeating last year's dour style, both teams have chosen a fast, exciting, high risk and non tackling player at fullback. Any long kicks could be dangerous for both teams.

P

Paradox

I hope Mogg has improved his defense this year. I can't recall him being overly bad in defense but other people on the forum have highlighted it as an issue. He's better at holding onto the pill in contact though thus far. Early days.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Its a non issue. He's shitting all over any other fullback candidate.

People are very eager to trash his defence, yet he's missed 2 tackles this year, to Beales 14.....

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
People are very eager to trash his defence, yet he's missed 2 tackles this year, to Beales 14...

But he has only attempted 4 tackles. Beale has attempted 28.

His defence is a question mark still hanging over his head. To play 15 in a test match your defence needs to be rock solid, or else you will be humiliated like KB (Kurtley Beale) in Bled 1 2012.

P

Paradox

But he has only attempted 4 tackles. Beale has attempted 28.

Which implies Beale shouldn't be in a position that requires a lot of tackling (and that both players miss 50%).

What's your prediction for the match Ba Ba? I have Brumbies by 5. Palu is a big loss IMO. His offloading has been quite good (along with TPN)

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Which implies Beale shouldn't be in a position that requires a lot of tackling (and that both players miss 50%).

What's your prediction for the match Ba Ba? I have Brumbies by 5. Palu is a big loss IMO. His offloading has been quite good (along with TPN)

Maybe, although he got his act together at the end of last year.

As for my prediction, I am a bit torn. Think it will be very close. Head says Brumbies, heart says Tahs. So Tahs by 5.

M

Moono75

This will be a cracker of a game.....or at least promises to be. Hooper is going to have his hands full today with Pocock and Smith, but he is a great player and has a better running game. Can Volavola back up the promise of last week, lets hope so. Both teams are going to muscle up in this encounter. I can feel a fight or two breaking out in this one.

For some reason I've got the feeling the Tahs can win this by 8 points. Schmoo and Folau to get some pies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Honestly it will take a serious shocker for the Brumbies to lose this. Tahs will have a dig but the Brumbies will be far to clinical for them.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tahs have 9 recent Wallabies in the starting lineup. If they should perform to that level they will be very hard to beat. But the Brumbies have the best coaching setup and that equates to a better game plan and more effective combinations. Expect the scrum battle to be hard fought but even; the lineout to go with the Brumbies and better attacking structures from the Brumbies in the backline. Hope the game provides a much better spectacle than yesterday's effort between the Rebels and Reds. Brumbies by 8.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Tahs have 9 recent Wallabies in the starting lineup. If they should perform to that level they will be very hard to beat.

To be honest, that would be a worry if the Wobs were setting the world on fire. As it stands, don't think Wallabies status instills fear in the opposition. Paradoxically, the Brumbies started to win when most of the Wallabies left at the end of 2011.

Reactions: gel

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Tahs have 9 recent Wallabies in the starting lineup. If they should perform to that level they will be very hard to beat. But the Brumbies have the best coaching setup and that equates to a better game plan and more effective combinations. Expect the scrum battle to be hard fought but even; the lineout to go with the Brumbies and better attacking structures from the Brumbies in the backline. Hope the game provides a much better spectacle than yesterday's effort between the Rebels and Reds. Brumbies by 8.

I can understand why you say this being a Brumbies fan but looking outside as a neutral the Brumbies are so much more skillful and coherent right across the park.

Hooper vs Pocock - Hooper I think will be schooled by the master and if Smith gets on the Paddock he will be schooled by the master again. Hooper is fantastic but I tip a reality check will be given tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.