• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Waratahs Super Rugby-R4 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Tahs need to make a couple of changes for next week.

Sekope Kepu isn't playing well and needs to be on the bench. Paddy Ryan needs to start.

Sitaleki Timani will come back and Greg Peterson will drop off the bench. Chapman should stay in the run on side.

I'm guessing Barnes won't be right yet, but we need to play another back on the bench. Jeremy Tilse should drop off and Lachie Turner should be added as another outside back option.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Tahs fans coming into town. Average IQ of ACT to go down as alluded to. :)
Lol well I'm bringing Brumbies fan with me so it's unsurprising. Sorry, didn't know the intellectualisation of the ACT was our end goal. Should I abandon her at the airport? ;)

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
Sekope Kepu isn't playing well and needs to be on the bench. Paddy Ryan needs to start.
Agree with everything else you said but not sure about this. If not for blatantly illegal tactics, Kepu picks up a fistful of penalties at scrum time last night. He wasn't prominent around the park, but I like the option of bringing Paddy on after 50/55, fresh legs and aggression, and try scoring prowess as we're now seeing.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The Tahs need to make a couple of changes for next week.

Sitaleki Timani will come back and Greg Peterson will drop off the bench. Chapman should stay in the run on side.

I'm guessing Barnes won't be right yet, but we need to play another back on the bench. Jeremy Tilse should drop off and Lachie Turner should be added as another outside back option.

Folau to stay on the wing? He had a much better game all round last night, I thought. In an interview, BB said he should be (or hopes to be) ready next week.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Folau to stay on the wing? He had a much better game all round last night, I thought. In an interview, BB said he should be (or hopes to be) ready next week.

Folau has been playing at fullback.

EDIT: Just saw that he played wing after Kingston went off. I stand corrected!

If Barnes is back

9. McKibbin
10. Foley
11. Mitchell
12. Barnes
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Kingston
15. Folau

That would be the logical order. In years past, I would have assumed that would immediately rule it out as an option. Now, I'm optimistic.

I do think 10. Foley 12. Barnes 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) provides a lot more balance and play making. As good as TC is at certain facets of the game, he's not great at the ones he needs to be to partner with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
If barnes is fit to start I'd have him at 15 with Folau on the wing.

I think Cheika is gravitating towards starting Volavola but he needs a few more bench performances just yet.

Carter needs to be replaced but I'm not confident barnes is the answer. Folau could be but thats an option for later in the season.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
just booked to head down to this, tickets in the bay 22. Any pub recommendations for a pre/post match beer?

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
just booked to head down to this, tickets in the bay 22. Any pub recommendations for a pre/post match beer?

Probably depends a bit where you're staying. There isn't anything near the ground (Zierholz bar at Canberra Uni probably the closest but still at 20+ minute walk). Best bet either a pub in the city and catch a free bus from the city bus interchange or there's a few places out of the city that run their own buses up to the game - Duxton if you're near O'Connor and the RUC in Barton or Gryphons in Griffith if you're south of the lake are some. As well as the wig & pen mentioned by Slim, other pubs in the city include King O'Malleys and PJ O'Reillys (if you're into faux Irish pubs) or Civic Pub

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Brumbies have been head and shoulders above the rest in the Aussie conference, Force clearly at the bottom and the other 3 have had some moments of good play but lacked consistency. Brumbies would have to start favourites and realistically, Waratahs will need to be at their best for 80 minutes to win.

I'll wait and see the teams before concrete predictions, I do think that the backline that we've seen in the last couple of weeks needs adjustment. I don't think that TC and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) should be together in the centres, as it cuts off the option of spreading the ball quickly (unless you cut out TC to the fullback coming in and cut out AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to the winger).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-ash3/r90/885543_10151449574199806_833232811_o.jpg

T

tranquility

Very exciting. Although he looks like he could shed a few layers.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I agree with a lot of what's been said here. Ryan to start over Kepu, who has plenty of talent but seems to get lazy, needs the kick in the arse that Robbo got. I also agree with others that both AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and TC in the centres is just too predictable. I would move Israel to wing until he gets a bit more of a handle on the game, play AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 15 where he is safe and runs the ball back strongly, and move Kingston in to 13, the guy is one of those players where every time he touches the ball you think something is going to happen.

I think Volavola should come off the bench, adds great impact but shouldn't start until he fixes his defence. i agree with others that having two props on the bench is pointless, would like to see someone like Turner coming on when players are tired. Also, McKibben wants to make sure he keeps kicking goals, because IMO Lucas is giving better service to his backs.

Sadly, I have to say the Brumbies have to be red hot favourites, the only way the Tahs will be in this is if they take their best 20 minutes from the last two games and do that for 80, and the evidence suggests they're a long way short of doing that at this stage. I don't know how you get these guys to focus for an entire game, but unless Cheika can get them to do that we will only make up the numbers.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Probably depends a bit where you're staying. There isn't anything near the ground (Zierholz bar at Canberra Uni probably the closest but still at 20+ minute walk). Best bet either a pub in the city and catch a free bus from the city bus interchange or there's a few places out of the city that run their own buses up to the game - Duxton if you're near O'Connor and the RUC in Barton or Gryphons in Griffith if you're south of the lake are some. As well as the wig & pen mentioned by Slim, other pubs in the city include King O'Malleys and PJ O'Reillys (if you're into faux Irish pubs) or Civic Pub

No one is suggesting moose heads? I was looking forward to an after party at the moose...

Status
Not open for further replies.