• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryTate

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Chosen said:
Other results where CAS teams were involved:

Riverview 22 Waverley 21
Barker 45 Stannies 0
Grammar 12 Cranbrook 10
Trinity 33 Pats 5
Aoys 22 St Pius 12

I gather Barker has had a pretty good pre-season. Would appear a solid result from Waverley as well.
CAS comp-proper starts next Saturday.

tight one between waves and view
stannies might not be the side they were that won ISA couple years ago
rest of the results dont surprise me much

chosen your son left in 2008? did he play 1st XV with australian schoolboy Mark Johnson that year?

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
TerryTate said:
The Chosen said:
Other results where CAS teams were involved:

Riverview 22 Waverley 21
Barker 45 Stannies 0
Grammar 12 Cranbrook 10
Trinity 33 Pats 5
Aoys 22 St Pius 12

I gather Barker has had a pretty good pre-season. Would appear a solid result from Waverley as well.
CAS comp-proper starts next Saturday.

tight one between waves and view
stannies might not be the side they were that won ISA couple years ago
rest of the results dont surprise me much

chosen your son left in 2008? did he play 1st XV with australian schoolboy Mark Johnson that year?
Yes-same year.The Knox pack contained Johnson + also Australia A No.8, Luke Rissman. Bit hard for a 80kg flanker to crack the 1st XV- however he was in run-on team on 4 occassions and came on as a replacement in another 4 games.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
rugbywhisperer said:
DPK said:
YEAH! Go Oaks!

Great argument there to which I have absolutely no reply.
Getting a lot like Sportal here chappies.

Yeah, I've really opened Pandora's Box with that comment.

...wait, I seem to recall:

rugbywhisperer said:
I've got free QRU box seats - nah nah na na nah

rugbywhisperer said:
Seb V said:
If they were to play a game tomorrow id pick this team. Things change though and by the time the tri-nations come around i bet the team would be totally different. Mainly on the fact of star players findin form. But for now my current team is:

15 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 Mitchell
13 Ioane
12 A. Fainga
11 Hynes
10 Cooper
9 Genia
8 Palu
7 Pocock
6 Elsom [c]
5 Mumm
4 Douglas
3 Alexander
2 TPN
1 Robinson

16 S. Fainga
17 Weeks
18 Chisholm
19 Hodgson
20 Burgess
21 Lealiifano
22 JOC (James O'Connor)

You may notice no gits and no barnes. Well thats cos they have been shit house this super 14. Hope they find form soon. Also have S.Fainga instead of Moore, thats bascially because i thought he did an awesome job against the force and his line-out throwing was superb. A.Fainga for inside centre because the reds backs are killing it so far. Plus better defence then JOC (James O'Connor), lealiifano.

Totally agree

Please, RW, keep giving everything you've got to the forum. Really, you're helping us all.

R

rugbywhisperer

My comment re the crowd behaviour at the reds game was not only warranted it is factual.
Please do not take a seriuos comment such as that and turn it into a weapon for your own use.

My other comment here was to point out that there is an ever increasing number of inane comments here similar to what you expect on Sportal.
Thirdly, I may be wrong, however it appears you have attributed someone elses comment to me -

Please explain where I have erred as these are two viable comments.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
rugbywhisperer said:

What does this add to the forum?

rugbywhisperer said:
Totally agree

Or this?

I'm not saying I am the perfect poster, but you shouldn't jump on your high horse.

Expressions of happiness for one's team when they win are not forbidden on this forum. We do have a thread called "F*CK! IF YOU LOVE THE QLD REDS POST HERE!", after all.

R

rugbywhisperer

DPK said:
rugbywhisperer said:
What does this add to the forum?

rugbywhisperer said:
Totally agree

Or this?
I'm not saying I am the perfect poster, but you shouldn't jump on your high horse.
Expressions of happiness for one's team when they win are not forbidden on this forum. We do have a thread called "F*CK! IF YOU LOVE THE QLD REDS POST HERE!", after all.

Ok, point taken and absorbed.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Back to the Rugby:

1st Round of the CAS Competition, this comi ng Saturday (01/05): Home teams first

*Waverley vs Trinity
*Cranbrook vs Knox
*Aloys vs Barker

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
I refereed at Pius on Saturday, watched the 1's.....

I thought Pius were made to look rather good for most of the game, but if Aloys do play like that again I would imagine they could be smashed by Barker, Knox & Waverley etc.... They came back as a good team do at the end of the game to seal it...

I suppose first hit of the season I am pretty sure for Aloys..

TerryTate

Allen Oxlade (6)
interesting that double v you've backed your school's opposition... not all is well down waverley way?

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Knox 27 (5 tries) Cranbrook 17 (2 tries)

As indicated, Knox goalkicker off target with only 1 conversion.
Cranbrook a much bigger team than in past years and they put it to Knox in first half.
Cameron Clark back at fullback for Knox and he enjoyed several speedy incursions into the backline.
Hugh Alexander at 7 was dynamic for Knox- will be a good contest with Goodman of Barker for No 7 spot in CAS.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
The other CAS scores were:

Waverley 27 Trinity 17
Barker 22 Aloys 15

Perhaps this CAS competition is going to be a lot closer than a lot of the pundits predicted.

D

Double V

TerryTate said:
interesting that double v you've backed your school's opposition... not all is well down waverley way?

I'm a realist. The team this year is a far cry from the teams of 07',08' and 09', although yesterday versing Trinity they put pretty dodgy pre-season form behind them and won comfortably.

probably understands waverly rugby isn't nearly as good without the sports scholarships

Dropped scolarships in 05', won the comp in 07' and 09'.. :thumb

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Fixtures for 08/05 are:

* Knox vs Waverley
* Cranbrook vs Aloys
* Trinity vs Barker

I won't be able to report as doing an up-country trip.

D

Double V

The Chosen said:
Fixtures for 08/05 are:

* Knox vs Waverley
* Cranbrook vs Aloys
* Trinity vs Barker

I will be at Knox v Waverley.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Double V said:
The Chosen said:
Fixtures for 08/05 are:

* Knox vs Waverley
* Cranbrook vs Aloys
* Trinity vs Barker

I will be at Knox v Waverley.

Look forward to your report - get a programme @ the BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.