• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Double V

Waverley 17 Knox 15

Knox started the game with the momentum - and pretty much the whole half. Waverley played the worst half of their year so far and Knox should of had a few more points at the half break if it wasn't for a few poor errors and hesitation. The Knox backs looked pretty slick, though, especially fullback Cameron Clarke who had a great individual effort.

Halftime 12-0.

Waverley's power in the forwards though started to prevail early in the second half with a standout performance from Chris Talakai (Sam Talakai's(CAS 1st XV 08,09) younger brother) who is only 15. The back row from Waverley started to dominate the breakdown and it was not long before Waverley had first points due to continuous pressure on Knox's try line. 12-7. Waverley then scored with 10 to go and was converted. 14-12.

With 5 minutes to go, Knox earned a penalty from 30m out, which was coolly slotted and gave Knox a 1 point buffer, 15-14. Waverley then gained posession with 2 minutes to go, and earned themselves a penalty from the sideline 25m out. 15 year old fullback Will Patterson steps up and hits it over the black dot, 17-15. Full time whistle blows.

Standouts:
Knox - 8. Yueng
15. Clarke (best free-running fullback I have seen in years)
7. Alexander

Waverley - 8. Holloway
12. Anderson (book him in for NSW I or II's)
3. Talakai

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Double V said:
Waverley 17 Knox 15

Knox started the game with the momentum - and pretty much the whole half. Waverley played the worst half of their year so far and Knox should of had a few more points at the half break if it wasn't for a few poor errors and hesitation. The Knox backs looked pretty slick, though, especially fullback Cameron Clarke who had a great individual effort.

Halftime 12-0.

Waverley's power in the forwards though started to prevail early in the second half with a standout performance from Chris Talakai (Sam Talakai's(CAS 1st XV 08,09) younger brother) who is only 15. The back row from Waverley started to dominate the breakdown and it was not long before Waverley had first points due to continuous pressure on Knox's try line. 12-7. Waverley then scored with 10 to go and was converted. 14-12.

With 5 minutes to go, Knox earned a penalty from 30m out, which was coolly slotted and gave Knox a 1 point buffer, 15-14. Waverley then gained posession with 2 minutes to go, and earned themselves a penalty from the sideline 25m out. 15 year old fullback Will Patterson steps up and hits it over the black dot, 17-15. Full time whistle blows.

Standouts:
Knox - 8. Yueng
15. Clarke (best free-running fullback I have seen in years)
7. Alexander

Waverley - 8. Holloway
12. Anderson (book him in for NSW I or II's)
3. Talakai

Nice to read your report.
Looks like it was an interesting game to watch. Yes Clarke looks good in full flight doesn't he? Interesting to see your rating on Yeung as I've regarded him as a bit of a `show-pony'.
I see Barker had a strong win against Trinity (5 tries to 2) and Aloys just got up against Cranbrook by 2 points.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
TerryTate said:
what do you mean by show pony exactly?

If he has a forward's number on his back I expect him to do his fair share of the grunt work- not hang out in the backline.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Games on this coming Saturday 15/05:

Barker vs Cranbrook

Trinity vs Knox

Aloys vs Waverley

. Would think Barker, Knox & Waverley are favoured.

D

Double V

Barker, Knox and Waverley with convincing wins.

and even without bias aloys, waverly has gone to crap since the bondi massacre

Back to Sportal for you matey ;)

C

catchpole

I've been noticing Cameron Clark at Rugby and Athletics since 2004.

From memory he went through an injury period in 2006-07 when he suffered from chronic hamstring strain/tears and I thought that his run may have ended. Not so!

I saw him last year in the NSW U.16 Trials and then noticed he collected an award from the 2009 Australian U.16 Championships.

A quality Year 11 player with excellent vision. Knox are lucky to have him.

I am expecting him to appear in the NSW Schools (I or II) side this year unless there is someone else really special out there.

D

Double V

Waverley 29 Aloys 15

Barker 38 Cranbrook 7

Knox 35 Trinity 13

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Well I was interstate last weekend and I guess major result was the apparent ease with which Barker defeated Knox. I understand Cameron Clarke was out- perhaps the talk of injury-prone has some truth to it. With 2 defeats now it seems unlikely that Knox can defend their CAS premiership.

Games this coming Saturday are(home team first)

Knox vs Aloys
Waverley vs Barker
Cranbrook vs Trinity

Major game is the Waverley/Barker clash at Queens Park. If Barker can defeat Waverley on what can be a windy cold
unforgiving pitch they would then be warm favourites for CAS.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Played on the best all-weather ground in Sydney- KG1- knox defeated Aloys 24- 6 (4 tries to zip).
Not an overall attractive game with a ref keen to blow the pea out of his whistle.
Knox dominated in the forwards and 3 of their tries came from their rolling maul - No 6 Jack Maguire claiming a hat-trick.
Jordan Reid was also prominent in a strong pack.
Once again fullback Cameron Clarke did not play and it appears without him the Knox backline has little spark.

I understand Waverley vs Barker did not proceed at Queens Park due to ground conditions. A little surprising on this sand-based ground- bet Barker were happy though!

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Barker weren't happy, what is the situation when a round get's washed out I assume they catch up with a mid week game for the 1st XV and 2nd XV?

Barker I was reading on facebook were saying things like 'I bet they are doing it to get players back for the catch up game I assume'

I think it refers to injured players and I am not sure if Asipeli Fine was playing?

C

catchpole

I note that Cameron Clark does not appear in either CAS Team. Does anybody know what is the situation with the Knox Fullback?

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Mu understanding is that he has had ongoing ham-string problems- Pity as he is an outstanding prospect.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
He didn't play in the CAS team v CHS today. Was looking forward to seeing him play as he was outstanding in the U/16 comp last year.

Is he the son of Fox Sports commentator Greg Clark? How long is he out for - right to play against GPS?

Report on CAS v CHS later in the trial and selection picks thread but CAS won both the Ones and Twos.

D

Double V

He didn't play in the CAS team v CHS today. Was looking forward to seeing him play as he was outstanding in the U/16 comp last year.

Is he the son of Fox Sports commentator Greg Clark? How long is he out for - right to play against GPS?

Report on CAS v CHS later in the trial and selection picks thread but CAS won both the Ones and Twos.
Looking forward to the report Lee - was planning on watching until someone decided to rob my house this morning and I was running around all day - life goes on.

From what I've heard CAS 2's and 1's were extremely gutsy in their performance. How did the 8 (Holloway) go for CAS 1's? I have huge raps on this kid and have kept an eye on him since his move from the country. Was the backline fluent? Might need a bit of fine-tuning before the big one against GPS.

C

catchpole

Lee.

Cameron is definitely the son of Greg Clark of Foxsports.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Skullring''s excellent report CAS v CHS moved to NSW Schools - trial games and selection picks.

Put all trial games reports and opinions on NSW teams selections in that thread from now on please. Thanks

skullring beat me too it - I fell asleep when I got home (those 2 glasses of wine with dinner) - it happens at my age.

catchpole

Thanks for that. I thought somebody told me that last year at the U/16 tournament, and watching Clarkie cooking snags at the Knox BBQ a few times was a clue, but I couldn't trust my memory.

No doubt the son is faster than the dad. I beat the dad up the steps in the members area of the SFS once. Walking the dogs every night had me in good shape.

C

catchpole

LG

No problems. Clarkie has lost a bit of pace (no idea if he ever had any really!) but still a good bloke from my limited exposure. I am advised his son is a good bloke as well.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Stop-Press:

Game originally scheduled for KGI on Monday evening:

Knox vs Riverview has been cancelled. I understand Riverview pulled the pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.