• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

diwi10

Stan Wickham (3)
Trinity 59 - Aloys 10

Entertaining rugby by Trinity. Forwards laid the platform and the backs were creative.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Trinity 59 - Aloys 10

Entertaining rugby by Trinity. Forwards laid the platform and the backs were creative.

Trinity far too strong as the score suggests.(9 tries to 1 )
A huge penalty count in favor of Aloys , & consequently a corresponding advantage in the line outs to them , which for some reason Trinity didn't contest on the Aloys throw ins.
Best player on the ground was Debreczeni , who I think it can be fairly said toyed with the opposition .Also very prominant were Satiu (T/H ) & Morsello ( H)
Best for Aloys was Morrison (T/H) not particularly big but very busy
in the loose.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Shows what I know

Well, I got that wrong. I thought St Aloysius could push Trinity but they were never in it. Aloys had a decent game plan, which involved kicking to the corners and dominating Trinity's woeful lineout. But they couldn't do much with the ball they won. On this showing, they shouldn't get anyone in CAS 1sts though the No7 scored a good individual try with a strong run. Trinity's defence was tremendous - they played with maybe 35% of the ball, yet every time they won possession they looked like scoring, no matter how far out they were. In the forwards, Orr, Morsello and Sio ran powerfully, and Debreczini and Clark in the backs did pretty much as they pleased. Orr and Morsello will pose problems for the CAS selectors. For a lock and hooker, they're great workers around the field and powerful ball-carriers. But a lock and hooker are responsible for the lineout, and Trinity won only three all day. They should probably forget about intricate variations and just chuck the ball to whoever is most likely to catch it. Still - imagine what the scores would be if they could win lineout ball. On this showing, Debreczini and Sio must be in the CAS 1sts, and so should Clark even though he can play Under 16s.

Well done Cranbrook - though Trinity will be just as happy as the boys in white. Cranbrook upsetting Waverley gives Trinity a two-game lead at the mid-point of the competition.

T

the beast

1st XV: Cranbrook beat Waverly 20-18
2nd XV: Game called off due to an injured Waverly Player late in the second half. Waverly leading 17-10..

Both really exciting games.
1st's: Either side were in contention for the victory in the 1sts, but cranbrook wanted it more. Penalties were a problem fo rboth sides... eventually ending up in a mid game brawl. It came down to the last minute with Waverly, to their credit, driving up the field from their 22 to the Cranbrook 10. On this Waverly couldn't penetrate the cranbrook defence and the came ended when the Cranbrook No.1 pilfered to win the game.
Perhaps Waverley should have stuck with a winning side instead of dropping the 8 and 5 from the Aloys game?

G

gilbertt

1st XV: Cranbrook beat Waverly 20-18
2nd XV: Game called off due to an injured Waverly Player late in the second half. Waverly leading 17-10..

Both really exciting games.
1st's: Either side were in contention for the victory in the 1sts, but cranbrook wanted it more. Penalties were a problem fo rboth sides... eventually ending up in a mid game brawl. It came down to the last minute with Waverly, to their credit, driving up the field from their 22 to the Cranbrook 10. On this Waverly couldn't penetrate the cranbrook defence and the came ended when the Cranbrook No.1 pilfered to win the game.

wow thats interesting what happened to waverley i know theyre missing some players but they still beat knox the other week, seems that cranbrook may be underated by many teams as by looking at their record besides being smashed by trinity theyve been quite close for the majority of games
also in the 2nds is there a cas ruling as to if the game is won or if it is a draw or something
and does anyone know if CAS teams have been selected/announced yet

staedler

Frank Nicholson (4)
CAS Representative selections - 2011

OPENS

CAS 1st XV to play CHS @ Cranbrook on Thursday June 9th.

B Lawley (K), T Morrison (A), P Cockinos (C), M Rowley (K), H Orr (T), B Johnson (K), P Kennedy (A), P Sio (T), A Jones (T), J Debreczeni (T), J Pack (T), L Creeley (K), N Scarano (K), S Purcell (B), J Clarke (T) Coach - Mr L Bower (C) & Mr D Oliver (C)

CAS 2nd XV to play CHS @ Cranbrook on Thursday June 9th.

C Orr (T), V Morsello (T), F Satui (T), A Lembke-Hogan (B), H Williams (A), N Mae (T), J Johnson (W), T Fay (C), N Steyn (W), W Paterson (W), A Coles (W), A Logan (T), M Koroi (T), M Ryan (T), H Wileman (W), Res - H Penderson (B), J Boulton (C), C Healy (B), F Bursle (K), J Kingston (A), B Chow (A), J Cameron (K), N Cottee (K), Coach - Mr T Glassie (K), Mr A Edge (K),

C

CDOG

The fullback Oliver DI Lorenzi for 16as is stepping up for 1s duty this saturday. Cranbrook 16s suprsisingly have some good players, there prop Horten Patch is a large unit and there number 6 corban are all promising players of cas 16s and will all be in contention for south harbour and cas duties and other comments??

also to help further there strike for cas duties 3 horten patch is one of the best throwers in Cas 16s and there 6 or sometimes 7 is the best goal kicker in cas 16s by far dnt think he has missed a goal all season although 15 is by far the most promising player!!

from my team the only player in contention for cas 16s is our 1, 8, maybe 4 and 15 that being knox

3 5 6 and 15 from cranbrook apparently are in cas 16s 2nds and 6 will kick for them cause in 1s clark is the best gk

righto jermaine

T

theboss

Waverley today were poor! I couldn't believe how well Cranbrook player, but no exscuse for the Waves forwards to play like they did! Lineouts :| scrums :| ...wow.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Waverley today were poor!

& it shows in the CAS squads listed above. When was the last time a CAS 1st XV had ZERO Waverley players - the old boys are not going to be pleased with this! But it's totally reflective of where the schools rank at the half way mark of the competition.

Trinity 13 players / 5 wins
Knox 8 players / 3 wins
Waverley 5 players / 3 wins
Barker 4 players / 2 wins
Aloys 5 players / 1 win
Cranbrook 3 players / 1 win

C

CAS

credit where credits due and trinity's dominance during the first half of the season has been shown in selections. 13 players having made the squads. I do think some players were unlucky from opposing schools having individually probably shown more spark than the trinity boys particularly in the forwards but keeping a familiar squad together does have its benefits. The non selections of injured "certainties" Charles Ingram Melsom (WAV), Cameron Clark (KNOX) and Chris Talakai (WAV) is as the selectors said proof that they would not be selecting injured players. Find it hard to justify only 5 picks from the Waverley squad that defeated knox and alo's without key players, but in saying this their outing at hordern today probably hindered more than benefited these selections

B

baldingwingforward

Based on these squads the CAS will get absolutely hammered by the GPS this year. The backrows and centres in particular will get dominated. This is one of the weakest CAS comps for years, highlighted by Waverleys low number of selections and their poor results. If the weather is dry i tip 30 + victories to GPS 1s and 2s

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
This is one of the weakest CAS comps for years, highlighted by Waverleys low number of selections and their poor results. ...

Get some humility - just because your beloved Waverley has taken one, does not mean that CAS is a weak side or that it’s a weak competition. Most times when the regularly inferior get up & over the usually strong, it suggests a strengthening of the competition.

F

FOOTBALL44

Very astonishing that Will Patterson did not make CAS 1s alongside with Johnson not making it. Also a massive a suprise Jam Clark made opens CAS 1 infront of Coote

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
credit where credits due and trinity's dominance during the first half of the season has been shown in selections. 13 players having made the squads. I do think some players were unlucky from opposing schools having individually probably shown more spark than the trinity boys particularly in the forwards but keeping a familiar squad together does have its benefits. The non selections of injured "certainties" Charles Ingram Melsom (WAV), Cameron Clark (KNOX) and Chris Talakai (WAV) is as the selectors said proof that they would not be selecting injured players. Find it hard to justify only 5 picks from the Waverley squad that defeated knox and alo's without key players, but in saying this their outing at hordern today probably hindered more than benefited these selections

And Clunies-Ross from Trinity.

S

skuxo.deluxo

thought waverley's j.johnson and k.spurr both dominated knoxs brett johnson and pat kennedy. just goes to show how much politics are actually in schoolboy rugby

B

baldingwingforward

Get some humility - just because your beloved Waverley has taken one, does not mean that CAS is a weak side or that it’s a weak competition. Most times when the regularly inferior get up & over the usually strong, it suggests a strengthening of the competition.

Mate - i have nothing to do with Waverley or the CAS for that matter. Totally neutral and watch a lot of rugby. Just telling it like it is. From what i have seen the CAS will struggle this year, particularly in the forwards...

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
CAS struggle most years - but not because Waverley or Knox are having ordinary years. My informants are telling me that the CAS competition (& therefore the CAS XV) might be stronger than years gone by. They say that the Trinity XV are playing genuinely attractive & expansive team based rugby, rather than the others falling over and letting them scramble to the top of the heap.

T

theboss

And Clunies-Ross from Trinity.

He only lasted a few minutes versus Barker - tackled after kicking the ball up field - linesman flagged it - ref spoke to the offending player - then packed a scrum with Barker feed. 4-6 weeks off!

T

the beast

CAS Representative selections - 2011

OPENS

CAS 1st XV to play CHS @ Cranbrook on Thursday June 9th.

B Lawley (K), T Morrison (A), P Cockinos (C), M Rowley (K), H Orr (T), B Johnson (K), P Kennedy (A), P Sio (T), A Jones (T), J Debreczeni (T), J Pack (T), L Creeley (K), N Scarano (K), S Purcell (B), J Clarke (T) Coach - Mr L Bower (C) & Mr D Oliver (C)

CAS 2nd XV to play CHS @ Cranbrook on Thursday June 9th.

C Orr (T), V Morsello (T), F Satui (T), A Lembke-Hogan (B), H Williams (A), N Mae (T), J Johnson (W), T Fay (C), N Steyn (W), W Paterson (W), A Coles (W), A Logan (T), M Koroi (T), M Ryan (T), H Wileman (W), Res - H Penderson (B), J Boulton (C), C Healy (B), F Bursle (K), J Kingston (A), B Chow (A), J Cameron (K), N Cottee (K), Coach - Mr T Glassie (K), Mr A Edge (K),
WHAT no T.Cipolla the future australian schoolboy or J. Turnbull the 100m try scorer.

N

ned

Geez I hope Steyne's dislocated shoulder is mended well enough to cope with rep rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.