• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bellcheese

yes he is going to being NSW 16's coach along with a newington coach aswell

C

CAS10

i think your view of the waverley forwards may be a bit misleading. dont forget the waverley number 8 was sent off in the second half and the prop off with injury. The forwards had to step up with a man down and a replacement. So of course they are tired in the game as they are all working harder than usual. The weakness i spotted was the drift in the waverley centres, they both move across before they move forward thus causing potential holes between themselves and the 10. And i agree the service from the nine is quite good, however he looked slow around the field and sloppy in defense.

To say that Waverley's nine is slow around the paddock would be silly, considering he made every breakdown and every tackle that came his way, also noting he was not meant to play the past 2 weeks, as he has been playing with a grade 1 shoulder dislocation.

F

FOOTBALL44

FRED fiola this weekend will be proving to cas selectors his dominate running game aginst cranbrook

R

rockon

in reply to footballs post, it will be a huge weekend in u16's games, with a few teams out to prove a point in the final stages of round 1, i believe especially in trinity and knox as knox is coming of a close but damaging loss and the recent losses pre-knox which i believe are a boost. Personally along with these games will showcase some of the best rugby as the final spots for CAS teams will be decided, my money is on a few trinity open players who are playing underage, a few of the knox backs, the waverley fullback also has shown himself to be a brave runner regardless of his shape. also with the likes of their blonde haired winger who is playing 1sts??

M

meathead

in reply to footballs post, it will be a huge weekend in u16's games, with a few teams out to prove a point in the final stages of round 1, i believe especially in trinity and knox as knox is coming of a close but damaging loss and the recent losses pre-knox which i believe are a boost. Personally along with these games will showcase some of the best rugby as the final spots for CAS teams will be decided, my money is on a few trinity open players who are playing underage, a few of the knox backs, the waverley fullback also has shown himself to be a brave runner regardless of his shape. also with the likes of their blonde haired winger who is playing 1sts??

This is a CAS "1st XV" 2011 forum

R

rockon

meathead, if you read there is direct link of opens players in 16's. minus my brief explanation of a few 16's, i also note players PLAYING in their respective 1st XV teams. which is CAS 1ST XV!

M

meathead

meathead, if you read there is direct link of opens players in 16's. minus my brief explanation of a few 16's, i also note players PLAYING in their respective 1st XV teams. which is CAS 1ST XV!

Regardless i do think this weekend will be a big one in footy, with big match ups in the forwards in the knox v barker game and the waverley v cranbrook game. Also will give the opportunities for the backs of the respective sides to give a CAS selection one last shot.

C

Courier

To say that Waverley's nine is slow around the paddock would be silly, considering he made every breakdown and every tackle that came his way, also noting he was not meant to play the past 2 weeks, as he has been playing with a grade 1 shoulder dislocation.

Well clearly you are wrong. in the game i watched on the weekend he missed quite a few tackles and yes he got to the breakdown but delayed, which shut down any chance of quickball. And i find it hard to believe he was playing with a shoulder dislocation, considering as a halfback each pass requires full movement and power throughout the shoulder joint.

M

meathead

Correct me if im wrong, but there is no such thing as a grade 1 shoulder dislocation. Was it a shoulder subluxation? Or a separated shoulder (acromioclavicular separation) ?

B

blueandgold

Well clearly you are wrong. in the game i watched on the weekend he missed quite a few tackles and yes he got to the breakdown but delayed, which shut down any chance of quickball. And i find it hard to believe he was playing with a shoulder dislocation, considering as a halfback each pass requires full movement and power throughout the shoulder joint.

well if you are as observant of the game as u claim to be you would have also noticed that quick ball wasnt an option for waverley due to the success of the aloys forwards in slowing the waverley ball down constantly during the game

N

ned

Agree with you regarding the dislocated shoulder injury, as it would be near impossible to pass with any shoulder injury.

C

Courier

well if you are as observant of the game as u claim to be you would have also noticed that quick ball wasnt an option for waverley due to the success of the aloys forwards in slowing the waverley ball down constantly during the game

Aloys may have slowed the ball down successfully on a few occasions. But there were MANY opportunities to give quickball out, especially to the blind sides of the field where there was unmarked wingers

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well, the question is, what do Aloys do tomorrow? I'd say slowing down the ball is part of it. Slow down the ball, deny the Trinity backs any room, and watch the defence close to the rucks where Sio and Morsello can run dangerously. Knox didn't seem to contest the breakdown much last week - so making Trinity work harder for the ball may make a difference. And I'd say Trinity's major weakness has been its lineout, so maybe playing for territory and huggig the sideline will work.

Smart money would still be on Trinity, though.

N

ned

Well, the question is, what do Aloys do tomorrow? I'd say slowing down the ball is part of it. Slow down the ball, deny the Trinity backs any room, and watch the defence close to the rucks where Sio and Morsello can run dangerously. Knox didn't seem to contest the breakdown much last week - so making Trinity work harder for the ball may make a difference. And I'd say Trinity's major weakness has been its lineout, so maybe playing for territory and huggig the sideline will work.

Smart money would still be on Trinity, though.
I think the only thing Aloys can do, is PRAY.:-\

A

accountblue

Cranbrook vs Waverly

1st XV: Cranbrook beat Waverly 20-18
2nd XV: Game called off due to an injured Waverly Player late in the second half. Waverly leading 17-10..

Both really exciting games.
1st's: Either side were in contention for the victory in the 1sts, but cranbrook wanted it more. Penalties were a problem fo rboth sides... eventually ending up in a mid game brawl. It came down to the last minute with Waverly, to their credit, driving up the field from their 22 to the Cranbrook 10. On this Waverly couldn't penetrate the cranbrook defence and the came ended when the Cranbrook No.1 pilfered to win the game.

C

CDOG

waverly were not too pleased with being defeated by a more able cranbrook side. surely the number 12 playing for cranbrook is a shot for the CAS teams with that performance

Status
Not open for further replies.