• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^^^^
Much will depend on which lads are called up to Opens and which may play 'down' having played up in previous seasons.

I see above speculation that Murphy and Towns from Waverley may play Opens. If so, their 16s won't be as strong but still a good side.

Barker will also probably lose Tejcek to Opens, but have a very good no. 8 joining them. If he is not called into Opens, he will galvanise the Barker forwards, who have a bit of size but need a bit of mongrel.

Knox may lose 1 or 2 to Opens, but should have the same number playing 'down'.

I suspect Aloys will remain intact, so should be a contender.

Trinity - don't know well enough, but on this year's form are likely to be in bottom half of table.

Cranbrook may struggle again to get many wins even with Glastras potentially playing 'down' (if he is not selected in Opens, and he must be close).

All in all, it may be very competitive, at least amongst A,B,K and W. That would be very positive for CAS rugby.

harry247

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yep agree if Murphy and Towns play opens i can't see Waves winning to many same with Barker with Tejcek who is easily there best.

I don't think Knox will be to affected maybe Cameron to 1's but other then him can't see anyone else.

Trinity should be strong, don't think they will loose anyone but possibly gain a few from the 16's this year.

Aloys will be hard to beat and will really give knox a scare. Just need to get a bit more mongrel in them

Then there is Cranbrook who will struggle to put points on the board let alone win

My pick is Knox closely followed Aloys and Trinity

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
Probably Knox by a whisker for the 16s. Cameron will probably stay in the 16s as the depth is strong in the opens. They will also gain a couple of seasoned underage players from this year

But it will be competitive in the 16s......

konbar

Peter Burge (5)
I disagree I think that Cameron has a good chance of playing in the opens on the wing. I think that the competition will be tight and will depend very much on who plays opens and who a stays. I think that Barker will be hit hard by a likely loss of Tejcek in the 16's and this will be a real set back for them. I think that Knox will be able to cope without Cameron as they seem to have quite good depth and well rounded side. If Waves lose Murphy and Towns they will struggle especially through the backs with the loss of towns. Aloys could be the side to take it out as I can't see them loosing any players and they seem to be playing good rugby!

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
These are the games i'm most looking forward to next season -

Cranbrook Vs Knox 15a's - Great games last season and will be another cracker in 2016. Knox were lucky to get away the both wins but the brook will back bigger and stronger

Waverley Vs Knox 16a's - Two very evenly matched teams having one win each last season. Could go either way depending on who is in 1's and injuries etc. Knox are a very well structured team and will be hard to beat. on the other hand Waverley have a couple of stars but need to play as a team.

Knox Vs Waverley 1st's - The favourites in my opinion, Waverley will hopefully be stronger then last season and Knox will be wanting to go back to back. Knox have the bigger forwards and Waverley with the speedy backs. My tip would be Knox by 10 by hopefully Waves can prove me wrong. The 2nd's fixture will also be a great game!

bigboy

Stan Wickham (3)
My team for Aloys 2016 (last years team in brackets)
1. Kennedy (2nds)
2. Gillman (2nds)
3. Rahme (16a/1sts)
4. Halliday (16a)
5. Gillis (2nds)
6. Denny (1sts)
7. Hrdina (1sts/2nds)
8. Hrdina (1sts/2nds)
9. Heath/Slaven (2nds/1sts)
10. Dainton (rehab)
11. Mazaraki (1sts)
12. Nissan (2nds)
13. Slaven/freed (1sts/2nds)
14. Jeffrey (2nds/3rds)
15. Freed/Slaven (2nds/1sts)

S

sidelineview

Does anyone know if there any new rugby players joining the Waverley College school next year?

BargingBarnes03

Frank Row (1)
IF I WAS SELECTING WAVERLEY 1stXV Backs

9. Bell
10. Donaldson / Carr
11. Mohi
12. Fuller
13. Cartmer
14. Yoandias
15. Jordan

- Shaping Donaldson into a quality no.10 will benefit Waverley for the next 2 years. If he gets a few good early performances in the trail matches we will witness the birth of the next 'O'Donnell'. No Pressure... Ha Ha!

- I chose Cartmer over Yoandias only due to the fact that his game knowledge is outstanding. His small attributes to the team win games. Take for instance Conrad Smith, nowhere near the biggest or strongest player on the field but with amazing knowledge and quick thinking along with good skills and speed. I also feel Yoandias is suited to the wing as he is very very strong and quick.

- In this back-line their is a huge amount of speed and strength but the main factor which makes this back-line so special is the skill level each individual entails, along with 6 of the 8 mentioned have 1st XV experience with 3 going into their 3rd year.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I hear one of 2015 waverley 1st xv coaches is off to
Knox ... To run a boarding house

There sure has been some staff coming and going at Birrell street, of late

And a bit of a loss of rugby brains, over recent years

Serhon ... To newington
O'shea ... To joeys
Engele ... To trinity
Maloney ... To knox

Which leaves good old faithful ... Cornish.

And what of this new deputy head from nudgee, maybe he has some interest in the game they play in heaven ... Still spinning out about Jonah...

Between him and jerry Collins ... Very sad

Bargingbarnes, no place for Cornish in your backline?

S

sidelineview

Which leaves good old faithful . Cornish.
Bargingbarnes, no place for Cornish in your backline?
Good old Cornish and Coleman.
Cornish Jnr could find himself in the forwards.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
word is Cranbrook is embarking on major re-development of the Senior School ... with new aquatic centre under Hordern Oval, complete with day spa, and beauty treatment area (free botox, demabrasion,etc)

the Bellevue Hill action group will be kicking into over-drive ... imagine the line up of Aston Martins and Rangies

.... Cranbrook rugby will never have looked so attractive :D

up the hill....The $cots auxillary, won't be happy, even poor cousin Waverley now has a better 50 m pool and gym ... at least the $scots mums can console themselves with the fact that Shore are filling in their pool, as it distracts from the studies

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
If Tadgh Murphy makes Waverley 1sts this year, ... which I believe he will be .... am I correct in saying that there will have been a Murphy brother in each 1st xv for last 3 years?!

Great effort Mrs Murphy ... and by all accounts you have raised 3 fine young men ... always playing the ball, not the man :)

S

sidelineview

If Tadgh Murphy makes Waverley 1sts this year, . which I believe he will be .. am I correct in saying that there will have been a Murphy brother in each 1st xv for last 3 years?!

Great effort Mrs Murphy . and by all accounts you have raised 3 fine young men . always playing the ball, not the man :)

It's true. They're out of a good dam and sire.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I Gather waverley are going to Canberra, while knox are touring nz in April , not sure on other cas schools

Waves has some good non comp games including the likes of scots, st pats amongst others ... Unlike some other schools waverley's season doesn't appear to be a state secret

Status
Not open for further replies.