• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
What about barker any hope?

I would not underestimate Barker. The 16A's team defeated both Knox and Waverley in round 2. Its back line is big and fast and the team is maturing well. There are some good players coming through which will make the competition interesting (again) in 2016.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
@ Harry 247 "Towns is a centre isn't he? And you would think there would be a few more Barker boys in there"

This is (fantasy) team selection by popular vote, so if you have any specific Barker names or positional changes add below. I note that 3 of 15 starters from a team that finished bottom half of table doesn't sound too outrageous. If anything, we need to add a few Aloys boys given their strong showing this year. Their 9, Alex Di Sano is handy, but pipped by Tejcek. I think they also have a good 7.

I've heard whispers that the no.8 position may well be locked down by a lad joining a CAS school next year. No incentives involved.

1. James Frear (K)
4. Alex Trobec (K)
5. Harry Flaherty (B)
6. Tadgh Murphy (W)
8. L Moretti (w)
9. Dave Tejcek (B)
10. Josh McInerney (K) d Andrews (w)
11. Max Towns (W)
13. Tom Cameron (K)
14. Ben Shariat (K)
15. Jamie Basheer (B)

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
mate you wrap this stenmark like hes a god i dont see it i have watched him play both 16as and 1st XV and have not seen him run the ball once of make a dominant tackle

just for the record my wife is the one who pointed him out to me ... I actually thought he was Searle ... so put that one down to SonnyJILL

but for the record she knows her footy ... she was putting wraps on that Renton, when I was saying the kids soft ... and she hates Qualode Cooper ... we both call him "Captain Risky" .... off those insurance ads :mad:

guess we will see this weekend

Re the under 15 flash # 8 ... being airdropped ... bet it is into Trinity, although Cranbrook needs it most given this age group will coincide with their centenary celebrations

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
@SDW "Re the under 15 flash # 8 . being airdropped . bet it is into Trinity, although Cranbrook needs it most given this age group will coincide with their centenary celebrations."

I reiterate, it's only a whisper and there are no inducements involved. If happens, full fees will be paid, and it is unrelated to any school milestone years. Just another example of parents considering in the ordinary course moving their boy to a private school for the final 3 years.

And poor old Cranbrook need more than a good #8 to get their A team on track.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
And poor old Cranbrook need more than a good #8 to get their A team on track.

Don't know if I would use Cranbrook and Poor in the same sentence ... but I do take your point.

That Cranbrook 15s side might be winless, but when you commiserate at Daddy's pad next to Malcolm Turnbulls, or on your mate's $5M powerboat.... I suspect those kids score goals after they leave Hordern, and rugby is just what you do when you are not in the pointy end of the plane heading to Aspen

oh well, all types make a world ... and like that about the CAS

Ps I hope you are right and the whispers are true and the #8 lands in CAS land

although CatchNPass, given your North shore connections, guessing it must be at either Knox or Barker

jeff thomson

Herbert Moran (7)
@ Harry 247 "Towns is a centre isn't he? And you would think there would be a few more Barker boys in there"

This is (fantasy) team selection by popular vote, so if you have any specific Barker names or positional changes add below. I note that 3 of 15 starters from a team that finished bottom half of table doesn't sound too outrageous. If anything, we need to add a few Aloys boys given their strong showing this year. Their 9, Alex Di Sano is handy, but pipped by Tejcek. I think they also have a good 7.

I've heard whispers that the no.8 position may well be locked down by a lad joining a CAS school next year. No incentives involved.

1. James Frear (K)
3. (Big prop from barker)
4. Alex Trobec (K)
5. Harry ? (B)
6. Tadgh Murphy (W)
8. L Moretti (w)
9. Dave Tejcek (B)
11. Whatson (K)
12.Tom Cameron (K)
13. Max Towns (W)
14. Ben Shariat (K)
15. Jamie Basheer (B)

Sorry for not knowing some names. With still a hooker and flanker to fill in possibly from Cranbrook or aloys? haven't seen them play this year tho

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
@jeff thomson, good addition re #3 and your 12/13 change may be the answer. I think Aloys had a decent 7, but don't know his name and cant be certain I have that correct. Any Aloys supporters shed some light? Any candidates for #2? Knox has Sean Kennedy who played for Syd this year but in U14s. Not sure if he will continue to play up.

jeff thomson

Herbert Moran (7)
@jeff thomson, good addition re #3 and your 12/13 change may be the answer. I think Aloys had a decent 7, but don't know his name and cant be certain I have that correct. Any Aloys supporters shed some light? Any candidates for #2? Knox has Sean Kennedy who played for Syd this year but in U14s. Not sure if he will continue to play up.

yep Towns and Cameron should be the centres doesn't matter which way and yes aloys did have a decent 7 by memory

Timothy jones

Frank Row (1)

Aloys have a very decent 7, I would say the best in the age group. Alex Rahme is his name.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
@TJ, thanks for solving that mystery - Alex seems to be the preferred #7 option.

Any other suggestions for the #2 slot?

jeff thomson

Herbert Moran (7)

1. James Frear (K)
2.?
3. (Big prop from Barker)
4. Alex Trobec (K)
5. Harry ? (B)
6. Tadgh Murphy (W)
7. Alex Rahme (A)
8. L Moretti (w)
9. Dave Tejcek (B)
11. Watson (K)
12. Tom Cameron (K)
13. Max Towns (W)
14. Ben Shariat (K)
15. Jamie Basheer (B)
Looking like a decent side, Aloys 10 went alright aswell. does anyone know if the watson in the 15a's is related to Conor Watson

Timothy jones

Frank Row (1)

The Aloys 10 James Westbury is decent. I think Their 13 Ben Pollack played for nsw in the 14's this year. Their 8 miles Branagan is also good.

konbar

Peter Burge (5)
If I was to pick CAS 16's

1. Frear (K)
2. Spalding (A)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Trobec (K) played 16 A's this year
5. Moretti (W)
6. Collison (B)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Murphy (W)
9. Tejcek (B)
10. McInerney (K)
11.Cameron (K)
12. Illias (T) trinity 5/8
13. Towns (W)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Basheer (B)
16. Kennady (K)
17. McGuiggan (W)
18. Ienco (A) played 8 this year but would only be a spot at prop for him I think
19. Flaherty (B)
20. Branagan (A)
21. Edmed (T)
22. Andrews (W)
23. Watson (K)

This is just based on this years form

Timothy jones

Frank Row (1)
If I was to pick CAS 16's

1. Frear (K)
2. Spalding (A)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Trobec (K) played 16 A's this year
5. Moretti (W)
6. Collison (B)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Murphy (W)
9. Tejcek (B)
10. McInerney (K)
11.Cameron (K)
12. Illias (T) trinity 5/8
13. Towns (W)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Basheer (B)
16. Kennady (K)
17. McGuiggan (W)
18. Ienco (A) played 8 this year but would only be a spot at prop for him I think
19. Flaherty (B)
20. Branagan (A)
21. Edmed (T)
22. Andrews (W)
23. Watson (K)

This is just based on this years form

Decent squad. Questionable in the centres however, surely wouldn't run two fly halves for this type of occasion. Also would have to put Di sano as 21 on the bench.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes Ilias ... From trinity he has a bit of speed... That was the trinity back I rate

Harry whiteman, from waverley could do with a bit of size, but I think he got best and fairest ahead of other more trumpeted names

And besides he isn't a leaguie... A Beastie ... Unless I am mistaken ... Shld join Randwick

As someone said at this age... All you need is a bit of a growth spurt, a good offseason

As often the young stars are simply ahead on the growth timing ... And between 15-17 the timing advantage dissipates

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Decent squad. Questionable in the centres however, surely wouldn't run two fly halves for this type of occasion. Also would have to put Di sano as 21 on the bench.
Agreed. I'd be going with Cameron/Towns as centre combination. You want strength, penetration and defensive capability mid field against what will be some formidable opposition centre pairings. Ilias is a handy FH but he doesn't have the penetration of the other two. Di Sano played back up role to Tejcek for Gordon and MNZ and did a good job.

konbar

Peter Burge (5)
I don't know if whiteman would be able to squeeze in over Flaherty, maybe, I think he would need a big growth spurt. Time will tell though. In regard to Di Sano, I think Edmed brings more to the table with a good kicking and running game along with his pass. I thought that Ilias would suit inside centre well because of his strong running game. Also putting Illias at 12 would mean you could play a lot wider than with Towns. If it's Cameron and Towns in the centres I don't think there is much point picking wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.