• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
I don't know if whiteman would be able to squeeze in over Flaherty, maybe, I think he would need a big growth spurt. Time will tell though. In regard to Di Sano, I think Edmed brings more to the table with a good kicking and running game along with his pass. I thought that Ilias would suit inside centre well because of his strong running game. Also putting Illias at 12 would mean you could play a lot wider than with Towns. If it's Cameron and Towns in the centres I don't think there is much point picking wingers
Yep I'd go with Flaherty - plenty of size right now and if he fires up is very difficult to stop. I can't recall Edmed well but if he can kick competently and reliably that would be a bonus so wouldn't argue. Not as sure re Towns service at Waverley, but plenty of ball to Knox wingers this season. In any event, watching the u16s schools invitational this year it was pretty apparent that with rush defence, ball to the fringes was the exception, so you would want your best physicality and penetration closer in. Cameron and Towns are proven line breakers and McInerney is more than capable of getting the best out of his backline.

jeff thomson

Herbert Moran (7)
Yep I'd go with Flaherty - plenty of size right now and if he fires up is very difficult to stop. I can't recall Edmed well but if he can kick competently and reliably that would be a bonus so wouldn't argue. Not as sure re Towns service at Waverley, but plenty of ball to Knox wingers this season. In any event, watching the u16s schools invitational this year it was pretty apparent that with rush defence, ball to the fringes was the exception, so you would want your best physicality and penetration closer in. Cameron and Towns are proven line breakers and McInerney is more than capable of getting the best out of his backline.

Yep i agree Cameron and Towns are easily the best two centres and i think they would make a good combination

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
some boys that are handy although I am not aware of their schools accurately
Flanker -- Bill Biviano (Aloys I think)
Cam Fish -- Knox??

harry247

Allen Oxlade (6)
If I was to pick CAS 16's

1. Frear (K)
2. Spalding (A)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Trobec (K) played 16 A's this year
5. Moretti (W)
6. Collison (B)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Murphy (W)
9. Tejcek (B)
10. McInerney (K)
11.Cameron (K)
12. Illias (T) trinity 5/8
13. Towns (W)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Basheer (B)
16. Kennady (K)
17. McGuiggan (W)
18. Ienco (A) played 8 this year but would only be a spot at prop for him I think
19. Flaherty (B)
20. Branagan (A)
21. Edmed (T)
22. Andrews (W)
23. Watson (K)

This is just based on this years form
Think Waverley should have more then 4 out of 23 although they didn't win they smashed knox second time round by about 40 odd points and didn't lose a game in the second half of the season unless they were beaten by Aloys not to sure

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
@JT Cranners have struggled since U13s. Not sure how many games they have won in the 3 seasons, but would be very few. Regularly defeated by margins of 40-50.

Consensus so far appears to be:

1. Frear (K)
2. Spalding (A)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Trobec (K)
5. Moretti (W)
6. Collison (B)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Murphy (W)
9. Tejcek (B)
10. McInerney (K)
11. Cameron (K)Illias (T) / Watson (K)
12. Illias (T) trinity 5/8 Cameron (K)
13. Towns (W)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Basheer (B)
16. Kennedy (K)
17. McGuiggan (W)
18. Ienco (A)
19. Flaherty (B)
20. Branagan (A)
21. Edmed (T)/Di Sano (A)
22. Andrews (W)
23. Watson (K) / Illias (T) trinity 5/8

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
@Harry247, agree Waverley U15s are a very good side and played a great game v Knox 2nd round - I wouldn't argue if they ended up with more than 4 in CAS U16s. Note though that Knox had 5 boys in that day who had just completed successful and exhausting state champs campaigns for Gordon. They were as tired and flat as day old English Ale. In Round 1, the same Knox team beat Waverley despite being a man down for 10 mins. They are pretty evenly matched and will play some great games in years to come.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Cranners have struggled since U13s. Not sure how many games they have won in the 3 seasons, but would be very few. Regularly defeated by margins of 40-50.

THey are gradually getting better ... and sometimes out of a team like that, you get a kid that just won't give up, and has some real ticker.

If I was to add one Cranbrook kid it would be Master H Tilley Esq .... he is pretty courageous and if nothing else all the other kids would enjoy the after-party at the Point Piper spread :)

Con2015

Frank Row (1)
1. Frear (K)
2. Spalding (A)
3. Bullen (B)
5. Moretti (W)
6.Thompson (W)
7.Whiteman (W))
8. Murphy (W)
9. Tejcek (B)
10. McInerney (K)
11.Cameron (K)
12. Towns (W)
13.Andrews (W)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Basheer (B)
16. Kennady (K)
17. McGuiggan (W)
18. Ienco (A) played 8 this year but would only be a spot at prop for him I think
19. Flaherty (B)
20. Branagan (A)
21. Edmed (T)
22. Moir (T)
23. Watson (K)

J

James Mood (CSW)

The Waverley College 2nd XV highlights video show how good a team they really were, with many of them being year 11 boys and a strong 16's age group. i think that they will be fighting for the top next year. especially with some of the fastest second rowers in school boy rugby (lochie drew morris and pat clifton).

J

James Mood (CSW)

Waverley College 1st XV looked to be bolstered by incoming excellent players, Mitch Clift and Kieran Wyld.

F

Fully Tubullly

As a close friend of Kayln Ponga's parents i have just found out that he has backflipped on his current contract with the North Queensland Cowboys and has signed with the Sydney Roosters NYC side, he is undergoing discussion with close eastern suburbs CAS school Waverley College to continue his rugby union schoolboy endevours

J

James Mood (CSW)

It
As a close friend of Kayln Ponga's parents i have just found out that he has backflipped on his current contract with the North Queensland Cowboys and has signed with the Sydney Roosters NYC side, he is undergoing discussion with close eastern suburbs CAS school Waverley College to continue his rugby union schoolboy endevours
If this is true, it will be interesting to see how Tyzac Bailey and Kalyn Ponga would play together, with Bailey being a good ball player, but can tend to run sideways and cut outside. This is a habbit that i believe Kalyn could help conquer and potentially make Bailey a better player.

Should be interesting!!!

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
@Init2Winit, are they included in the following?:

1. Frear (K)
2. Spalding (A)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Trobec (K)
5. Moretti (W)
6. Collison (B)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Murphy (W)
9. Tejcek (B)
10. McInerney (K)
11. Illias (T) / Watson (K)
12. Cameron (K)
13. Towns (W)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Basheer (B)
16. Kennedy (K)
17. McGuiggan (W)
18. Ienco (A)
19. Flaherty (B)
20. Branagan (A)
21. Edmed (T)/Di Sano (A)
22. Andrews (W)
23. Watson (K) / Illias (T)

jeff thomson

Herbert Moran (7)
1. Frear (K)
2. Spalding (A)
3. Bullen (B)
5. Moretti (W)
6.Thompson (W)
7.Whiteman (W))
8. Murphy (W)
9. Tejcek (B)
10. McInerney (K)
11.Cameron (K)
12. Towns (W)
13.Andrews (W)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Basheer (B)
16. Kennady (K)
17. McGuiggan (W)
19. Flaherty (B)
20. Branagan (A)
21. Edmed (T)
22. Moir (T)
23. Watson (K)

Not a bad looking squad

konbar

Peter Burge (5)
Have heard that Waverley 15's currently have 5 boys playing Junior Roosters and have good potential to going further at the end of this year. Would be good having a few of these experienced boys in the 16's CAS team.

Illias, Edmed, Tanner and one of the props are with Tigers so a lot of league players in the age group

Status
Not open for further replies.