• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
Cranbrook loss to Kings was by significant larger score, even allowing Kings to score when Kings had two in the bin.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Cranbrook loss to Kings was by significant larger score, even allowing Kings to score when Kings had two in the bin.
I Wasn't at either game, but maybe there was a Cranbrook supporter who was at both that might be able to comment re the strength of the 2 sides.

Clearly Kings do have a very strong side this year and came fresh from a tour of Europe with some match form, and probably did have a big advantage over Cranbrook at first hit out.

Formerflankers match report from Shore game indicates and very good defensive work by Brook. So I am thinking the coaches have done a bit of work in this area since Kings game.

No doubt Shore would have liked to put more on them, but I am told it was pretty slippery conditions and not conducive to a high score.

Shore would be happy with their own defensive work. Keeping Brook scoreless.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
I Wasn't at either game, but maybe there was a Cranbrook supporter who was at both that might be able to comment re the strength of the 2 sides.

Clearly Kings do have a very strong side this year and came fresh from a tour of Europe with some match form, and probably did have a big advantage over Cranbrook at first hit out.

Formerflankers match report from Shore game indicates and very good defensive work by Brook. So I am thinking the coaches have done a bit of work in this area since Kings game.

No doubt Shore would have liked to put more on them, but I am told it was pretty slippery conditions and not conducive to a high score.

Shore would be happy with their own defensive work. Keeping Brook scoreless.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Shore played very poorly in the first half and Cranbrook dominated the territory.

But in the second half the Shore boys were much better and bombed at least 3 certain tries. A few of the Shore boys need to learn to draw and pass when there are unmarked players outside them, rather than going themselves. Converting these would have made the scoreline a bit closer to the TKS result.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Ladies and gentlemen (if I can use the second term loosely)……

…… the CAS season will be starting on 7 May and it's my job unpaid preoccupation to produce a blog of of the CAS games every weekend.

I know what the clever people are thinking - there are three matches on every Saturday at the same time so how can even Lee Grant be at three different places at once?

You raise a good point and probably have a suggestion: Lee, why don't you ask people to help you out? They could write some stuff down and maybe take a few snaps and send it all to you and you can put it together. You can even give them a credit that they did the work. It's not rocket surgery.

You can even go to another footie match or stay home and mow the lawn.

Great idea - why didn't I think of that? Don't know about the lawn part - it's a jungle out there.

Do any of you go the the games? And can you help out by doing some reports during the season?

Just volunteer here or send me a convo if you like. Even if you can do only a couple of games in the season it will be a great help.

I will send you guidelines if you are interested.

Cheers

LG

We are still looking for writers for all schools so please put your hand up to help out if it is possible; two games for the season is not a lot, and even one is better than nothing.

Please put your name down here or send me a convo if you prefer.

Thank you.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
What is the Mail on Cornish ... He looks completely unhampered by knee

A waverley team that included him, would definitely have some firepower

Altgh that is going on form of years ago now

CAS_RumourMill

Bob McCowan (2)
With Knox's prestigious 'Gala Day' now almost upon us, there are several changes across the park.

Knox vs Joeys:
Knox had a valiant loss in New Zealand going down by three points to a super strong, Mount Albert side. They will be seeking redemption for this defeat however they come up against a red hot Joeys side with the potential to win the GPS. Knox also go in with a key injury to inside centre Matt Horsley who picked up a AC fracture and will possibly be sidelined for the rest of the season. Knox's preparations have remained low key thais week but it will remain to be seen how strong their back line is with the promotion of Hunter Myers back to the run on side. Whilst sturdy enough against St Augustines, his chemistry with the other players on the field was still questionable and often looked fragile in defence.
Leo Bosch has also continued his strong form at number 9 and has put his name into the hat for captaincy of the Knox juggernaut that seems unable to be stopped by the other inconsistent CAS schools. Even so, a better team list can be seen below in order to fix both issues of team chemistry and cohesion.
1. Grindal
2. Purcell
3. Cutrone
4. Frost
5. Ireland
6. Margin
7. Gee
8. Basson (c)
9. Bosch
10. Stocks
11. Carroll
12. Woodcock
13. Armstrong
14. Kane
15. Grattan

Predicted Knox Line up vs Joeys:
1. Grindal
2. Upton
3. Cutrone
4. Frost
5. Ireland
6. Margin
7. Gee
8. Basson (c)
9. Bosch
10. Woodcock
11. Tilley
12. Myers
13. Armstrong
14. Kane
15. Stocks
Team Trainer: Hunter Nicholas

CAS Rumour Mill will return tomorrow night with the Late Mail for each game.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Re Waverley's Starting XV ....Not sure why Szabo doesn't get more of a look in ... for what it's worth I rate him ?

Is wright still on suspension ...assuming he is back next week, hope he learns from his spell ... although I don't know if the latest offence was good, bad or ugly?

CAS_RumourMill

Bob McCowan (2)
Late Mail: All teams unchanged except for the outlined Knox changed (Horsley out, Myers in) and Barker with Tiaan Stals being ruled out with an injury.

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Sorry RumourMill, hate to break it to you your mail is off.. I have Captain Drew Morris out with injury, not sure who slots into 5, maybe Ellis or Gregory, Not confirmed but I would assume O'sullivan slots back into his 7 role after his 2 week concussion break unless he's still affected.

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
Knox v Joeys will be the game of the year across all grades and levels! Can someone please video the game and put highlights on this forum much like the Waverley fixtures?!?! Get out to Knox to watch this one !A lot of excitement and the atmosphere will be superb!

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
With Knox's prestigious 'Gala Day' now almost upon us, there are several changes across the park.

Knox vs Joeys:

Joeys 1sts Team List V Knox

1 Holley
2 Vivers
3 Yates
4 Edstein-Boyes
5 Spooenr
6 Ashurst
7 Dalton
8 Tuinakavadra
9 Dowling
10 Wilkinson
11 Day
12 Reilly
13 Jaffer-Williams
14 Tse
15 McTaggart

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
No programs at the Shore v Barker match??? Not sure why... Barker 1st decimated by injuries.. 7 players out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barker v Shore age results. Barker 15As lost a close one 31/28... 16As drew 12/12.... Update on the 2nds.. Barker lead 12/7 with kick to come

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Shore as a school are under prepared.. Only one linesman and no ball boys..halftime in 2nds.. Barker lead 12/7

Status
Not open for further replies.