• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarryd Hayne

Stan Wickham (3)
Updated proposed teams based on most recent form:

1sts

1. Grindal (K)
2. Coghill (B)
3. Wayland (T)
4. Rasch (T)
5. Frost (K)
6. Margin (K)
7. Kemmeny (C)
8. Basson (K)
9. Jordan (W)
10. Woodcock (K)
11. Mohi (W)
12. Armstrong (K)
13. Stenmark (C)
14. Carr (W)
15. Stocks (K)

2nds

1. Coghill (B)
2. Upton (K)
3. Dawson (K)
4. Clifton (W)
5. Ireland (K)
6. Moretti (W)
7. Stead (T)
8. Tuitavake (T)
9. Bosch (K)
10. Dainton (A) if fit, otherwise Stenmark
11. Slaven (A)
12. Fuller (W)
13. Yoanniddis (W)
14. Stewart (C)
15. Longville (T)

AAaron

Bob McCowan (2)
Predicted 2016 CAS table

1sts:

1. Knox
2. Waverly
3. Trinity
4. Cranbrook
5. Aloys
6. Barker

2nds:

1. Knox
2. Waverly
3. Trinity
4. Barker
5. Cranbrook
6. Aloys

rugbyking2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Predicted 2016 CAS table

1sts:

1. Knox
2. Waverly
3. Trinity
4. Cranbrook
5. Aloys
6. Barker

2nds:

1. Knox
2. Waverly
3. Trinity
4. Barker
5. Cranbrook
6. Aloys

I'd put $20 on a joint Knox/Waverley title in 1s and 2s. Coming back to Death Valley will be tough for Knox, akin to their loss their a few years back against an arguably weaker Waverley side. Expect Waves to win both grades and the schools to share the Henry Plume Shield each with a loss.

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
Engele has been there like 10 minutes

Great teams don't get made overnight

Joeys has kids 24/7 for 6 years and can't win a title

So I think bit harsh attributing trinity's woes to the new coach
Every team gets new players every year. The coaches at Waverley and Knox have been spoken about for years but they get results. He's hardly a "new coach". He's been at Trinity for 3 years now and has oodles of experiences coaching at higher levels (CAS 1st XV and NSW 2nd XV). He should be able to get SOMETHING out of his team. He can't.

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
Williams? Proven success?
I never thought I'd see those words in the same paragraph, unless the word not also appeared in that paragraph, let alone the same sentence.
The guy's contribution to rugby consists off all the one liners others were able to make up when he coached the Tahs
Proven success at Knox. We are talking schoolboy rugby here. He has had plenty of success. Like him or not. Agree with his rumoured salary or not, he has done great things for the rugby program. It's obviously working.

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
Updated proposed teams based on most recent form:

1sts

1. Grindal (K)
2. Coghill (B)
3. Wayland (T)
4. Rasch (T)
5. Frost (K)
6. Margin (K)
7. Kemmeny (C)
8. Basson (K)
9. Jordan (W)
10. Woodcock (K)
11. Mohi (W)
12. Armstrong (K)
13. Stenmark (C)
14. Carr (W)
15. Stocks (K)

2nds

1. Coghill (B)
2. Upton (K)
3. Dawson (K)
4. Clifton (W)
5. Ireland (K)
6. Moretti (W)
7. Stead (T)
8. Tuitavake (T)
9. Bosch (K)
10. Dainton (A) if fit, otherwise Stenmark
11. Slaven (A)
12. Fuller (W)
13. Yoanniddis (W)
14. Stewart (C)
15. Longville (T)
STENMARK! You have got to be kidding me. Shut the computer Mr Stenmark.

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
Sorry. I stand corrected. He's not 6'4, 110kgs. He's 112kgs.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    271.5 KB · Views: 342

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Regrets, it's probably a good time I tell you that all those profiles on the TeamApp are gee ups. Written by the players themselves to have a laugh amongst each other, I would say Clifton is no more than 95, he weighed much more last season.

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Don't take my word for it, ask any boy from Waverley and they'll tell you that both the profiles are a rort and that he doesn't weigh 110/112

theauthority123

Bob McCowan (2)
Predicted 2016 CAS table

1sts:

1. Knox
2. Waverly
3. Trinity
4. Cranbrook
5. Aloys
6. Barker

2nds:

1. Knox
2. Waverly
3. Trinity
4. Barker
5. Cranbrook
6. Aloys

Cranbrook 2nds are 2 wins, 1 draw and a loss, a lot better than 5th place, and they drew with Waves on the weekend.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
If anyone is interested there is a great program via youtube on Auckland First XV schoolboys highlights , a 30 minute TV show each week . A great way to promote the game (hint ARU).

MAGS (who beat Knox by 3 points in a trial a week before the Joeys trial) are now leading the comp with 4 from 4 and beat Auckland Grammar 50-nil on the weekend.

Up the Bunnies

Frank Row (1)
Went and watched Knox vs Trinity on the weekend. Was a very strong game from Knox despite their lack lacklustre crowd. Trinity marched down the tunnel with a strong crowed behind them but this didn't seem to do the trick.

Knox was dominant in the game and seemed to capitalize of Trinitys errors. One of the key players i though would have to have been Knox's fullback Stocks (15) that did a great kick chase from half way, ending up tackling the opposing player in goal. Over time knox slowly put the nails in the coffin but Trinity still fought hard in the rucks, and winning some of Knox's line outs. A highlight of the game would have had to been Knox #8 (Basson) which had a great run and lead to a magnificent try. Overall Knox was too powerful for Trinity in all aspects and will be hard to beat this season.

P.s Trinity has some quality chicken tenders in their canteen.

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
Regrets, it's probably a good time I tell you that all those profiles on the TeamApp are gee ups. Written by the players themselves to have a laugh amongst each other, I would say Clifton is no more than 95, he weighed much more last season.

Thanks for the heads up. It begs the question though, if they are giving parents, friends and associated all this access why treat it like a joke?

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Time to give some thought to Saturday. Knox plays St Aloysius. Trinity put 50 points on St Aloysius; Knox put 49 points on Trinity. Fortunately Rugby isn't a straight-line equation. But it's hard to see any result other than a strong Knox win. By the same logic, Cranbrook ran over Barker and then leaked 62 points to Waverley, so things look ominous for Barker against Waverley.

The good thing about last season's competition was that while Knox was plainly the best side, the other five schools were evenly matched. This year we have three pairs. Waverley will chase Knox to the finish line; Aloysius and Barker will slug it out for the wooden spoon. That leaves Cranbrook and Trinity jostling for third, and their game on Saturday looks like the closest contest. At home, I think Trinity has a slight edge.

This, by the way, will end the first round of the home-and-away. The team leading at the halfway point hasn't been beaten for the Plume Shield since forever. Unless St Aloysius pulls off a major upset, it's looking like a good week for Knox.

Kilgore Trout

Herbert Moran (7)
Time to give some thought to Saturday. Knox plays St Aloysius. Trinity put 50 points on St Aloysius; Knox put 49 points on Trinity. Fortunately Rugby isn't a straight-line equation. But it's hard to see any result other than a strong Knox win. By the same logic, Cranbrook ran over Barker and then leaked 62 points to Waverley, so things look ominous for Barker against Waverley.

The good thing about last season's competition was that while Knox was plainly the best side, the other five schools were evenly matched. This year we have three pairs. Waverley will chase Knox to the finish line; Aloysius and Barker will slug it out for the wooden spoon. That leaves Cranbrook and Trinity jostling for third, and their game on Saturday looks like the closest contest. At home, I think Trinity has a slight edge.

This, by the way, will end the first round of the home-and-away. The team leading at the halfway point hasn't been beaten for the Plume Shield since forever. Unless St Aloysius pulls off a major upset, it's looking like a good week for Knox.
Where is the Aloys V Knox being played ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Where is the Aloys V Knox being played ?

At Willoughby. A place where Knox tends to struggle. Though I think this year may be a little different: I believe Aloy's injury toll is mounting. Uncontested scrums may be seen in the 2nds at the very least.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
The ability of Aloysius, Trinity and Cranbrook to compete is always subject to their injury toll - the loss of a couple of good players makes a big difference. So far this year, Trinity has been luckiest and Aloysius the least fortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.