• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
CAS 1sts Rorke?!
Nah .. only joking
Rorke is a quality player as is Breen who were members of the winning NSW2s team.
Moretti was a stand out for NSW U16s this year. He's been noticed.
Another player who will be in the mix for a NSW front row spot is Finn Wright. He's training with the Tahs U19s. If all things go according to plan he'll be a front runner.
Finn Wright, what school is he from?

Rich_E is on the money with Rorke. He too is training with Gen Blue.

S

sidelineview

Finn Wright, what school is he from?

Waverley.
Played 1st XV as a 15 year old front rower.
Made CAS 2nd XV last year and played strongly.
A big strong tough boy who has had problems with his aggression and discipline but was vastly improved in that area last season. If he continues to maintain good discipline he'll be hard to leave out of any Rep team.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Waverley.
Played 1st XV as a 15 year old front rower.
Made CAS 2nd XV last year and played strongly.
A big strong tough boy who has had problems with his aggression and discipline but was vastly improved in that area last season. If he continues to maintain good discipline he'll be hard to leave out of any Rep team.
Any boy who plays front row in a 1st XV as a U16 or Year 10 and plays 3 years there would be high in the minds of the selectors. Edwards is the same and I think Coghil from Barker as well.

But bear in mind selectors will be looking for an Opeti Helu clone.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)

Are there any other players who will be back at school in 2017 who are currently training with Gen Blue? And is this something that has happened in previous years? Is an amazing achievement.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Are there any other players who will be back at school in 2017 who are currently training with Gen Blue? And is this something that has happened in previous years? Is an amazing achievement.
I think Rourke and Wright are the only 2, don't think it happened last year but not sure about what happened in past years

Mr Goyu Goodthing

Frank Nicholson (4)
Good to hear about opportunities for Wright. He is a good player. However, there does seem to be a bit of a Love-fest going on here from the Waverley dad's. I actually rate Cutrone ahead of Wright and would back him for NSW selection if he can be fit. He had an unfortunate injury half way through 2016, but if fit he would be my first pick for higher honours ahead of Wright and Coghill. Irrespective, they're all good players and deserve every opportunity they get. The big challenge for them all will be showing good form against the GPS front rowers. I think all 3 of them can achieve that. I'm quietly confident that CAS can perform well against the GPS teams.

S

sidelineview

Good to hear about opportunities for Wright. He is a good player. However, there does seem to be a bit of a Love-fest going on here from the Waverley dad's. I actually rate Cutrone ahead of Wright and would back him for NSW selection if he can be fit. He had an unfortunate injury half way through 2016, but if fit he would be my first pick for higher honours ahead of Wright and Coghill. Irrespective, they're all good players and deserve every opportunity they get. The big challenge for them all will be showing good form against the GPS front rowers. I think all 3 of them can achieve that. I'm quietly confident that CAS can perform well against the GPS teams.

No love-fest here for Wright; just objective facts. His improvement in attitude and maturity last year was outstanding. He's a very powerful runner of the ball and has good skills. He just needed to mature. He should be bigger and better next year. One to watch.

S

sidelineview

Just for good measure, check out Luca Moretti's 2016 highlights. He'll still be in Year 11 next year. Another one to watch.

S

sidelineview

I just happened to source the highlight reels on Youtube to showcase two promising young players.
It's easy to do.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
While we are wheeling out the highlights reels, here is Rorke of Riverview. And I don't even support Riverview. I just think he has a very bright future. But no doubt high rep selectors think the same.

S

sidelineview

Rorke's a very good player as mentioned previously.

The following is a list of promising players who should reach higher Rep honours in 2017. No doubt there are many more.

Jordan Petaia - Backs. CS (Qld) Baa Baas
Will Harrison - Backs. Marcellen College, NSW2, Baa Baas
Charlie Rorke - Forward. Riverview, NSW2, Baa Baas
Darcy Breen - Front row. Scots, NSW2
Finn Wright - Front row. Waverley. CAS 2nd XV
Luca Moretti - Forward. Waverley. NSWU16s
Joshua Vuta ?- No 9. Qld2, Aussie Schoolboys
Byron Hollingworth-Dessent - Trinity - Wing. CAS 2nd XV. NSWU16s?
Nick Frost - Knox. NSW1,

B

Backline_Move

Cutrone has been in a premiership winning team for two years in a row and would have easily been Firsts CAS front rower over Anstey last year and possibly a NSW/Combined states selection.

As I said in my list those three boys I have listed at front row are likely to be contenders for some form of NSW or combined states selections. All three are game changers and will give the GPS front row a good push which is good for rugby.

S

sidelineview

Cutrone has been in a premiership winning team for two years in a row and would have easily been Firsts CAS front rower over Anstey last year and possibly a NSW/Combined states selection.

He's no doubt a good player but that's an assumption.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)

As I said in my list those three boys I have listed at front row are likely to be contenders for some form of NSW or combined states selections. All three are game changers and will give the GPS front row a good push which is good for rugby.
Pretty sure Anstey was returning from injury and played CAS seconds, maybe even off the bench.
He went on and gained selection for Combined States and elevated to NSWII squad

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rorke's a very good player as mentioned previously.

The following is a list of promising players who should reach higher Rep honours in 2017. No doubt there are many more.

Jordan Petaia - Backs. CS (Qld) Baa Baas
Will Harrison - Backs. Marcellen College, NSW2, Baa Baas
Charlie Rorke - Forward. Riverview, NSW2, Baa Baas
Darcy Breen - Front row. Scots, NSW2
Finn Wright - Front row. Waverley. CAS 2nd XV
Luca Moretti - Forward. Waverley. NSWU16s
Joshua Vuta ?- No 9. Qld2, Aussie Schoolboys
Byron Hollingworth-Dessent - Trinity - Wing. CAS 2nd XV. NSWU16s?
Nick Frost - Knox. NSW1,
Wilson QLD lock played Aus Schoolboys and is returning 2017

B

Backline_Move

He's no doubt a good player but that's an assumption.

It's fairly obvious to all that Cutrone is a much better player than Anstey and he would have been in that NSW team instead if not for his leg injury

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's fairly obvious to all that Cutrone is a much better player than Anstey and he would have been in that NSW team instead if not for his leg injury
CRAP,

Don't think you should be using this forum in that way.

Cutrone may well be a very fine player and I don't dispute.

Anstey played CAS 2 years running and ended out selected in the victorious NSW II squad.

I have seen him play for many years and the boy is no slouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.