• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Knox lost the corresponding trial 2 years ago. What was the outcome of the HP Shield that year? Think everyone should calm down a bit - first trial, new combinations, deliberately exhaustive pre-season training load, injuries to senior players incl key playmaker Woodcock. Breathe deeply people.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
no one is writing-off Knox ... and I wonder if Backline Move is even a genuine Knox supporter ... it was like he was "taking the piss" ... excuse my french

and he sounded a lot like an adolescent

in any event, I think Barker is definitely looking good, and could be a genuine contender

shame Waverley didn't play Aloys ... as Aloys had some skilful players

I am curious to know all the results from the tournament

didn't Cranbrook beat Trinity?

se my comments in under 16s ... think Cranbrook would have a better 1st XV, if they cherry picked a few stars from the under 16s

however it won't happen ... unless the OPens injury toll really mounts, and the under 16s stumble

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Why is it such a shock that an ISA school beat a CAS one??? Did it ever occur to you that CAS may not be as crash hot as you all think? That there may be other schools out there that can beat/have the potential to beat CAS/GPS schools?
I agree 100 percent ISA is comfortably now the second best schoolboy system in NSW. The fact that St Pats (came 5th) lost by 1 point to Waverley (came 1st) last year in a trial shows the strength in ISA and then furthermore Stannies dusting up Knox. Not trying to stir here however just the placement of ISA schools in areas which are growing at unprecedented rates (Castle Hill, Strathfield, Brookvale, Campbelltown, Chatswood) means that they have greater access to students then that of CAS schools however on the contrary they still have a certain amount of student available to rugby within the school which also cancels out what I just said.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Why is it such a shock that an ISA school beat a CAS one??? Did it ever occur to you that CAS may not be as crash hot as you all think? That there may be other schools out there that can beat/have the potential to beat CAS/GPS schools?

Not a shock at all. Happens all the time. There had just been a series of posts put up on this blog that Knox was invincible this year. Stannies proved 'em wrong. And a number of people seem well pleased.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Waverley XV for this weekend

1. Johnston
2. Doyle
3. McCormack
4. O'Sullivan
5. Ellis
6. Zsabo
7. Cam
8. Moretti
9. Bell
10. Donaldson
11. Wallace
12. Cornish
13. Eyles
14. Baldwin
15. Andrews

Some big names missing.

Are they resting some of their stronger players?

There two most likely NSW schoolboy players aren't there. Crazy for such a big trial to not have them playing.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Waverley XV for this weekend

1. Johnston
2. Doyle
3. McCormack
4. O'Sullivan
5. Ellis
6. Zsabo
7. Cam
8. Moretti
9. Bell
10. Donaldson
11. Wallace
12. Cornish
13. Eyles
14. Baldwin
15. Andrews
Don't gloat too much after beating Riverview. The bulk of their top team will be at Scots, and I've heard several boys from the 16s will be plugging the holes.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Don't gloat too much after beating Riverview. The bulk of their top team will be at Scots, and I've heard several boys from the 16s will be plugging the holes.

Waves team missing some big players by the sounds of things.

How many are in the View 7's? Last year View won 50-0 or something. Likely this still won't make it even!

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)

Carl is right but everyone RELAX, both teams have plenty missing.

In fact it is a strange game, given there is a 3 week break until the CAS/GPS trials really begin. Anyway it is a game for fitness and to give some boys who have trained all pre-season a reward as a 1st XV player.
I think that is a great show, by both schools, of rewarding some boys and clearly building depth.

We will all really see when all these schools play fair dinkum when the CAS/GPS trials really start. Many people have said for a long time,who cares, however it will care as school pride counts a hell of a lot, and I recon this will become very evident when these games begin.

1st XV boys want to win every game!

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Carl is right but everyone RELAX, both teams have plenty missing.

In fact it is a strange game, given there is a 3 week break until the CAS/GPS trials really begin. Anyway it is a game for fitness and to give some boys who have trained all pre-season a reward as a 1st XV player.
I think that is a great show, by both schools, of rewarding some boys and clearly building depth.

We will all really see when all these schools play fair dinkum when the CAS/GPS trials really start. Many people have said for a long time,who cares, however it will care as school pride counts a hell of a lot, and I recon this will become very evident when these games begin.

1st XV boys want to win every game!

I think it's crazy to go into a big trial and not play some of your biggest players in Wright and Hardaker to give your school the best shot is all I'm saying.

I

insideball23

I think it's crazy to go into a big trial and not play some of your biggest players in Wright and Hardaker to give your school the best shot is all I'm saying.

do u guys know the aloys lineup for this CAS season?

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)

W88, maybe,but maybe there is a good reason.

I think we owe our great coaches some trust here after last year's brilliant effort.
Clearly we are all keen to get the real games going, not long now.

Go to sleep until then, otherwise Santa won't come!

BUT AS WE ALL KNOW, HE WILL!

runitstraight88

Frank Row (1)
do u guys know the aloys lineup for this CAS season?

judging from rumours the aloys line up could look like this

1. S.Rahme
2. Spalding/ Ryan
3. Halliday
4. Sullivan
5. Brennan
6. A.Rahme
7. Ryan/Ienco
8. Partington
9. M.Pollack / Di Sano
10. Westbury
11. Colley / Coleman
12. Flaherty
13. ?
14. Dunlop
15. B.Pollack

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The 1sts and 16As lost but the 2nds won, not sure about other age groups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I hear, the Knox 1st's played terribly, and were beaten by the better team. The 2nds won well. The 16A's had 5 of their best players out and lost 4 tries to 3.
The Knox 15A's won well...not sure of the score
Knox 14A's won 38-5
Knox 13A's lost but not sure of the margin.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
From what I hear, the Knox 1st's played terribly, and were beaten by the better team. The 2nds won well. The 16A's had 5 of their best players out and lost 4 tries to 3.
The Knox 15A's won well.not sure of the score
Knox 14A's won 38-5
Knox 13A's lost but not sure of the margin.

Thanks Axel.

Status
Not open for further replies.