• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I hate to be the one to say this , but there seem to be Waverley kids on the so called "injured/unavailable " list, that are clearly on Sg ball and Harold matts team lists

It is clearly not a state secret, but personally I think school rugby should take precedence

Certainly devalues the 1st xv jersey

Anyway probably good thing I aren't headmaster as that would be stopped

Then again I'd bin afl, lawn bowls, tiddly winks...and reopen the boarding house

Oh well what do I know, i am just an old grump

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I hate to be the one to say this , but there seem to be Waverley kids on the so called "injured/unavailable " list, that are clearly on Sg ball and Harold matts team lists

It is clearly not a state secret, but personally I think school rugby should take precedence

Certainly devalues the 1st xv jersey

Anyway probably good thing I aren't headmaster as that would be stopped

Then again I'd bin afl, lawn bowls, tiddly winks.and reopen the boarding house

Oh well what do I know, i am just an old grump
It must be very hard for the coaches to juggle the demands of two different sports on their elite players.
Pre-season training, building up for for contact, team combinations, priorities, availability for school training sessions: all would be a nightmare to manage. Let alone trying to give the kids time to study.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Great stuff Rod. Hows the new grandstand going at Barker? Will it be ready for this rugby season?

The recent spate of wet weather has put construction back a fair bit. I have heard that it may be ready by start of the 2nd semester so the bulk of the rugby season will be over by then. I will give a construction update after watching Barker take on Oakhill at Hornsby this weekend.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Great stuff Rod. Hows the new grandstand going at Barker? Will it be ready for this rugby season?

Hope so, but it will certainly be ready by the time your son plays there against Barker on the wing........:p

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Rorke will be playing against Waverley. He is not going to the 7s. Plenty of the backs are though so it will be a half strength View team.

Looking forward to seeing Rorke play.

Hopefully the rain gods allow some rugby to happen this weekend! How quickly do they close grounds in the wet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up_the_guts

Frank Row (1)
It will be interesting to see if the Aloys young guns can perform in the opens age group this year. Finn Spalding is starting hooker, previously has played NSW junior gold, and is the most obvious option for the task. He is built of good size and a good scrummager. Ben Pollack is starting 10 after Westbury headbutted the ceiling and cut his head open at school this week. Like Spalding he is young only turning 16 this year, he was one of the standouts in the Aloys 15A's premiership winning side and brings good skill and pace to the Aloys backline. However, these boys must make the biggest jump of all in the competition from the 15's to the Opens, a transition which I am confident they can make in terms of skill, but physicality could be an issue.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Waverley beat Riverview 67-12.

Both sides had a few out, would like to know how many view had out.

I must say though the waves were powerful and very slick, solid first hit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.